HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rd. 3, Gm. 1: Canadiens @ Flyers - May 16, 2010 - 7:00 P.M. (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Dude deserved it if he is actually the one who compared us to Nazis

Old
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I posted this in the main board thread (where I'll probably get an infraction), but every time MTL burns down their city because of a Metallica concert or a playoff loss, we're told that it's only a tiny of subset of MTL residents.

But when a couple Philly guys vandalize someone's car, it's immediately used as the means to classify an entire fanbase.

EDIT: Even better.

MTL fan 1: Philly fans have the lowest IQ of any fans in the NHL.
MTL fan 2: I wore my MTL jersey to an MTL-Flyers game and got beer poured on me, this is outrageous!

That actually happened. One fan insults our IQ while another one tells us about his decision to wear an MTL jersey to a Philly PO game.

Last edited by FlyHigh: 05-17-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old
05-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

It was Mike Boone actually but they're all the same, Invoking the memory of the "Rocket" whenever it suits their purpose, all along living in the insular Anglophone bubble of the West Island.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Wow, watching the highlights now. I remember thinking it had to be wrong live, but if you watch, the non-whistle with 8:44 left in the 1st was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy offsides. Linesmen weren't great tonight several times, but I did get pretty scared when one of them appeared to be struck in the cheek.
yeah it was definitely offside

Old
05-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I posted this in the main board thread (where I'll probably get a reaction), but every time MTL burns down their city because of a Metallica concert or a playoff loss, we're told that it's only a tiny of subset of MTL residents.

But when a couple Philly guys vandalize someone's car, it's immediately used as the means to classify an entire fanbase.

MTL fan 2: I wore my MTL jersey to an MTL-Flyers game and got beer poured on me, this is outrageous!

That actually happened. One fan insults our IQ while another one tells us about his decision to wear an MTL jersey to a Philly PO game.
In the last playoff series... Montreal fans poured a beer on Mike Richards...

Old
05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
In the last playoff series... Montreal fans poured a beer on Mike Richards...
I had forgotten that, I do remember the WSH fans and Carter however.

I just found that IQ exchange so funny, the one fan insulting our IQ as his compatriot recounts his experience of wearing his Canadiens jersey to a playoff game in Philly.

I don't really condone that kind of behavior, attacking fans wearing opposing jerseys, but it's been happening in Philly for years, so why would you even think about it at this point? Just wear a jacket, problem solved.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Jester

Quote:
I had forgotten that, I do remember the WSH fans and Carter however.

I just found that IQ exchange so funny, the one fan insulting our IQ as his compatriot recounts his experience of wearing his Canadiens jersey to a playoff game in Philly.

I don't really condone that kind of behavior, attacking fans wearing opposing jerseys, but it's been happening in Philly for years, so why would you even think about it at this point? Just wear a jacket, problem solved.
I would also assume he was doing something to draw attention to himself/escalate the situation as well... or, of course, you just have a pure a**hole. I've been to a lot of playoff games and only ever seen jovial heckling and banter. If you're not an a**hole, you get by fine.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:18 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 331
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
I posted this in the main board thread (where I'll probably get a reaction), but every time MTL burns down their city because of a Metallica concert or a playoff loss, we're told that it's only a tiny of subset of MTL residents.

I ****ing hate that ****. In Philly on opening night a fan threw up on a kid and it is not only all over the sports media but regular media as well. Philly fans are horrible and disgusting because of that one dumbass kid. Meanwhile, also on opening night, 50 some Dodger fans were arrested during a riot at Dodger Stadium. But that gets no mention on ESPN. ********.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:20 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

The part about the entire article that gets me is that a) the writer assumes that it's because it had Quebec plates and presents it as fact, and b) the writer assumes that the culprits are Flyers fans and presents it as fact.

He doesn't have proof of either statement, but is apparently using it to smear a fanbase.

One one hand, it pisses me off. On the other hand, I like being the evil empire and a team hated almost universally.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:21 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
I would also assume he was doing something to draw attention to himself/escalate the situation as well... or, of course, you just have a pure a**hole. I've been to a lot of playoff games and only ever seen jovial heckling and banter. If you're not an a**hole, you get by fine.
Yeah, I've worn my Gagne jersey to Philly-Boston games a couple times and there's been some trashtalking on the T, but nothing that wasn't enjoyable and realistically, Boston-NY-Philly all have the same type of fans, the team you root for just depends on where you were born.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:23 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
The part about the entire article that gets me is that a) the writer assumes that it's because it had Quebec plates and presents it as fact, and b) the writer assumes that the culprits are Flyers fans and presents it as fact.

He doesn't have proof of either statement, but is apparently using it to smear a fanbase.

One one hand, it pisses me off. On the other hand, I like being the evil empire and a team hated almost universally.
Yep, someone in the thread said that nobody in the MTL riots was wearing a Canadiens jersey, but then where's the proof that the jerks who vandalized this guy's car were Flyers fans?

And yeah, I agree with your last sentence, if we ever win the Cup with Bettman as commissioner, it's going to be priceless.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

OK don't start to generalize Montreal fans because some idiots do the same to Philly. If you think they sound like idiots, then what do you think you sound like?

Old
05-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
OK don't start to generalize Montreal fans because some idiots do the same to Philly. If you think they sound like idiots, then what do you think you sound like?
you're kind of missing the point: every fanbase has their warts, to ignore your own while chastising others is the height of hypocrisy.

That's without getting into the fact that Habs fans have done some truly repugnant ****, like throwing a banana on the ice at Kevin Weekes. Habs fans are the LAST group that should be criticizing others.

Old
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
you're kind of missing the point: every fanbase has their warts, to ignore your own while chastising others is the height of hypocrisy.

That's without getting into the fact that Habs fans have done some truly repugnant ****, like throwing a banana on the ice at Kevin Weekes. Habs fans are the LAST group that should be criticizing others.

Yes some dumb habs fans (warts) are talking trash and that will always happen. If you find it baseless/classless, then call it out or ignore it. Just don't stoop down to their level and say that Habs fans in general shouldn't be talking because their fan base is repugnant.

Some dumb Philly fans have done equally stupid things, but it is ignorant to say Philly fans have done equally stupid things.

That is my point, do not generalize.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:

I wore my Carle jersey to the Avs/Flyers game here in Denver, experienced no problems. Pepsi center is probably the quietest arena in the NHL, almost seemed like a Flyers home game.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:36 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
if we ever win the Cup with Bettman as commissioner, it's going to be priceless.
WWF style, kick him in the nutts while taking the cup from him and carcillo giving him a stone cold stunner, while snider is giving him the finger, yelling F-u. With joe bonadoni yelling "the flyers, the flyers, oh my god, oh my god"

Though I'd settle for Richie giving him a thanks ****** face look when he gives him the cup.

Not to mention habs fans were pissed koivu took so long to speak french, the dude fights cancer and is a great player, but because he can't speak french he's a bum?

Old
05-17-2010, 12:39 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
I wore my Carle jersey to the Avs/Flyers game here in Denver, experienced no problems. Pepsi center is probably the quietest arena in the NHL, almost seemed like a Flyers home game.
And Carle is a former Denver player so that probably saved you a bit too.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Jester

Quote:
Yes some dumb habs fans (warts) are talking trash and that will always happen. If you find it baseless/classless, then call it out or ignore it. Just don't stoop down to their level and say that Habs fans in general shouldn't be talking because their fan base is repugnant.

Some dumb Philly fans have done equally stupid things, but it is ignorant to say Philly fans have done equally stupid things.

That is my point, do not generalize.
They are generalizing while ignoring their own problems. I am NOT on the main board, or the Habs board discussing their behavior.

However, before you start casting stones, you should make sure your walls aren't made of glass. Complaining that you got a beer dumped on you... Flyer fans are horrible... when the last time we met in the playoffs Mike Richards had a beer dumped on him in the penalty box? Gimme a break. You don't have a leg to stand on.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
And Carle is a former Denver player so that probably saved you a bit too.
True, although you would be surprised how limited hockey knowledge is in Denver. Even though Carle won two NC with Denver, some people still dont know who he is. Granted, he is not exactly outgoing.

Denver is mostly made up of transplants, so there really isn't a hard core fan base going back generations, unless you moved to Denver from Quebec.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
WWF style, kick him in the nutts while taking the cup from him and carcillo giving him a stone cold stunner, while snider is giving him the finger, yelling F-u. With joe bonadoni yelling "the flyers, the flyers, oh my god, oh my god"

Though I'd settle for Richie giving him a thanks ****** face look when he gives him the cup.

Not to mention habs fans were pissed koivu took so long to speak french, the dude fights cancer and is a great player, but because he can't speak french he's a bum?

I loved the way Rod Brindamour ripped it out of Bettman's hands during his little speech. It was like a collective fu from the players leaguewide.

Old
05-17-2010, 12:51 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
They are generalizing while ignoring their own problems. I am NOT on the main board, or the Habs board discussing their behavior.

However, before you start casting stones, you should make sure your walls aren't made of glass. Complaining that you got a beer dumped on you... Flyer fans are horrible... when the last time we met in the playoffs Mike Richards had a beer dumped on him in the penalty box? Gimme a break. You don't have a leg to stand on.
It's ok I can hand stand. I am not casting any stones, but if you want to sound just as bad as some of the dumb posters out there generalizing, then have it.

Old
05-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Terence Peterman

I'm sure it got talked about last night in the GDT but I was out and watched a recording...but WTF happened on the play where van Riemsdyk scored? How the hell did Giroux win that thing? It really did look like magic or something.

Old
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
It's ok I can hand stand. I am not casting any stones, but if you want to sound just as bad as some of the dumb posters out there generalizing, then have it.
I think you missed Jester's point. He's talking about some Habs fans who talk **** and generalize about Flyers fans, but deny that their fanbase has their own idiots.

Old
05-17-2010, 01:21 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I'm sure it got talked about last night in the GDT but I was out and watched a recording...but WTF happened on the play where van Riemsdyk scored? How the hell did Giroux win that thing? It really did look like magic or something.
No idea. Just another one of those wizard things, I think.

Old
05-17-2010, 01:22 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
No idea. Just another one of those wizard things, I think.
Subban's serious ****-up also helped.

Closed Thread