HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles/Boston Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
...I certainly respect your position and I concede your point that with inexperience in net the defense needs to be rock solid. Fact of the matter is the Bruins are not a desireable trading partner for the Isles because the Bruins cannot afford to give up what the Isles need aside from picks and prospects.
Too bad we can't match the Isles defense with Murray, Thornton,and Knuble, eh? That would be an unstopable combo.

09-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
That would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Too bad we can't match the Isles defense with Murray, Thornton,and Knuble, eh? That would be an unstopable combo.
... a great and be very fun to watch but alas is nothing more than a pipe dream.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:51 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Aucoin untouchable? how do u figure.

He's far from untouchable. The only untouchable on the Isles is Yashin, and that's because of the absurdity of his contract.

And if i want Sammy start with Dipierto (witch i dont think the B's would even be intersetd in any more) and go from there.

They should be interested in DiPietro. From what I've been reading Potvin has been atrocious and it's not like Shields is much better. That's banking a lot on the development of Raycroft.

Of course, if we wound up trading DiPietro we'd be stuck with Snow/Doobie-witz, which would create more of a problem than the addition od Samsonov would be a solution.

I would think an AUcoin for Boynton swap would favor the Isles.

As would I. Regardless of whatever demands Boynton might "command" it would be far less than the 3.25 we're paying Aucoin in a contract year.
Potvin has been horrible, but as far as young goalies, Raycroft should be at least the back up this year, leaving a spot for a vet number 1, not another prospect (dipierto) and the play of Toivenn in pre-season has been outstanding, possibly eclisping all the the other bruins goalies.

Closed Thread