HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What else can we say?

Old
05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM23 View Post
I think I'm boycotting this board from now on... can't believe all of you giving up hope. Unreal... you make me sick

All Montreal needs is a few goals to get the ball rolling and the Leighton thing is over. Montreal wins the next one and the series is a brand new one.
i think what you are missing is the 2 goose eggs, no goals

philly has a beer league goalie in, and we can't score,

work for the goals, no work.

that is why ones are pissed on this site.....

habs loose 3-2 , with a great effort, and lay's stops a pile of shots, but no

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoctorDoak

Habs have not at all adjusted - I think Laviolette is outcoaching Martin, which is embarrassing because Laviolette is not as smart as JM, IMO.

There is zero puck support on offence for the Habs - they're trying hail mary passes all over the ice and against a defence as good as Philly's, it's like picking cherries out there. The complete unwillingness to not rush the blueline by Gomez is killing multiple shifts, which has to get pretty demoralizing as well.

DoctorDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
FF de Mars

It's not about their goalie. Phillie is the luckiest team ever. I predict a 4 games winning streak for the CH. With both Kostitsyn waking up.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At least we're in the 3rd round. Cherish that boys....first time in 16 years....we have no idea when we'll come back.

But honestly, really, what do you expect from a team who has 2 dangerous forwards in Gionta and Cammy? And when a rookie with approx. 10 NHL games has to play 20+ minutes.
I expect better coaching and use of the better players around. Martin and co are killing us.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:44 PM
sampollock

martin is confused i think

and plec's played like that girl he called himself 2 years ago

Old
Gary320

Oh my god. This thread is filled with hypocrites on every corner.
Many who said "It doesn't matter what happens in Round 3, I'm still proud"
Many who said "JM is outcoaching everyone"
Many who said "Gainey built a playoff team"
Many who said "This is destiny"

Have all automatically jumped off the bandwagon and started hating on the team. Give me a break kids. Go watch Lost.

I'm still proud of the boys no matter what. It aint over.. there are still games to be played.. and now going back home, maybe we will see the boys start scoring.. It ain't over not by a long shot.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

As I said in the GDT, Flyers are forcing the Habs to play on their weakness, which is the grinding and establishing net presence to score the ugly goals. The Flyers are careful not to give the Habs the odd-man rushes and the counter-attacks with speed. That's how the Habs have been scoring in previous series. The Flyers took a page out of the Habs gameplan; they wait for their chances and capitalize.

And there is the PP: it's absolutely crucial for the Habs to make their PP work because obviously they won't find any success with scoring the abovementionned ugly goals (unless they grow taller by 6inches and add 40lbs of muscle for the next game). Otherwise, they are toast.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:45 PM
zx81

Sergei didn't deserve more minutes.
For someone who had a lot to prove he showed no intensity and no desire. As soon as he had the puck he was either dumping or making a ridiculous blind pass attempt.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM23 View Post
I think I'm boycotting this board from now on... can't believe all of you giving up hope. Unreal... you make me sick

All Montreal needs is a few goals to get the ball rolling and the Leighton thing is over. Montreal wins the next one and the series is a brand new one.
I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't want some of these fairweather fans as friends.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
It's not about their goalie. Phillie is the luckiest team ever. I predict a 4 games winning streak for the CH. With both Kostitsyn waking up.
sigh

Old
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
havok78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Yep, the blame-size fantasy is already out in full force. Can't say I'm surprised.
its an easy excuse for the bandwagonners

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Markov4Captain

The game started off well, and it all went downhill from there. The player that has dissapointed me the most so far has to be Scott Gomez. His stupid penalties, horrible decisions and lack of will to win puck battles is extremely dissapointing.

I hate to think that a potentiol series embarrassment by the Flyers will make fans forget about what this team has accomplished so far. It won't matter that we eliminated the Pens and Caps; what people WILL remember is Philli completly owning us and that's just a shame.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
HF-Addict

Cammalleri: we had many Grade A scoring chances??? I didn't see those ones.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
That certainly wasn't a shutout performance unless an Offense can be credited with a shutout.

We need anybody to wake up at this point.

BUT . . . no way the series is over yet.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Gomez with a lot of uuhhh's.....and not good enough, and uuhhh's....gotta find a way to score.

I know one way to keep Philly from scoring....stay out of the ****ing box.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't want some of these fairweather fans as friends.
fairweather?????

don't blame these fans, ask mab and why they sucked it up

lay's in the philly goal is a beer league goalie

Old
Kirk Muller

Too small too soft. Halak's super human efforts in the first two rounds and Cammy and Gio timely scoring got Montreal where they were. The majority of the team has just been filler around those three.

This team like many of the past is in desperate need to get top 6 players who have size and play the "Canadian" brand of hockey. You could also apply that to the backend. The team is not big enough or talented enough to win the Cup.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vukotal Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
cool. you and yer buddy "i'm a terrible, boring, stupidly stubborn coach" jacques martin can go grab a couple of frosties together. his treat.

Vukotal Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Yep, the blame-size fantasy is already out in full force. Can't say I'm surprised.
Size, toughness, grit, winning battles along the boards, winning the battles in front of the net, bigger reaches, better stamina 'cause smaller players might be able to take so much when it's physical, yes....that's only a fantasy.

Caps and Pens didn't play that way. Mostly a shame for the Caps that had size but didn't use it.

Yes, it's not solely about size. Brière, Giroux and Gagné looks pretty fine. All Q players that were playing in a crap league. So it's not solely about toughness and grit but the best match possible. So obviously, when people talk about size, they don't talk about removing Gionta and Cammy out of the lineup, but have then better surrounded.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:48 PM
sampollock

gomer needs to use his talent, and set up goals,

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

This team is getting beat, the exact way they beat Philly and Washington. Great goaltending and opportunistic scoring.

and sorry Hal, it wasn't an "even" game.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Flyers playing a 1-2-2 high is a curve ball the Habs offense/transition game didn't see coming.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I always felt like we were 1 goal away from getting things going but we can't get it.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Are we really blaming Halak? WE SCORED ZERO GOALS PEOPLE! The **** did you expect him to do, skate to the offensive zone and score the bloody goals himself? My apologies, I am just ugh... just I do not know...

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Markov is a fine player. He is. Really. But geez, this guy is still not proven as a great playoff competitor. The real reason why we miss him is because we have to play Bergeron instead. There's a huge upgrade there. But Markov isn't a saviour in the playoffs. Still unproven there.

We did bash a whole lot of players throughout the league for giving the same type of performances that Markov gives in the playoffs. Yet, it's Markov and it doesn't seem that bad.....

But the improvement from Bergeron to Markov is indeed important. Just like the improvement for Philly to get a Carter in the lineup.
Markov's reads are far better than any D-man on our team and he's by far our best puck mover. He didn't put up the points versus Washington but he was always in perfect position....he sees the play develop before it happens. Caps couldn't do anything against him. We don't have another D-man like that.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote