HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Do you think we should trade Andrew Brunette to help the future?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2010, 06:32 PM
  #1
D U M B A
The Disaster March
 
D U M B A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 523
Do you think we should trade Andrew Brunette to help the future?

I'm a fan of Brunette's, he's a great player and veteran presence, but I was thinking something along the lines of Andrew Ladd, Ben Eager (maybe a low pick) for Brunette.

Chi-Town gets a 60 point player (with an expiring contracts) and we get two RFA's to help out the team (One solid winger and a tough guy to replace Boogaard/Scott).

I'm thinking this route since it still helps us two-three years from now but depending on other moves, it could help immediately.

This isn't the only option but what do Wild fans think we should do...trade him for picks, players, both?

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
  #2
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
I was thinking about this the other day- of all the tradeable assets we have, Brunette is certainly one of our better ones. Veteran, cheap deal, productive 2nd liner...also doesn't fit into the long term picture, doesn't fit into our skating system...

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I think it'd be worth investigating what his value is.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 06:58 PM
  #3
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,781
vCash: 500
Is there really a big difference between what his value is now and what is will be around the trade deadline?

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
  #4
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Is there really a big difference between what his value is now and what is will be around the trade deadline?
There would be if he gets hurt.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
  #5
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
There would be if he gets hurt.
No, he'd play through it. It's Bruno after all - the guy had a 500 consecutive game streak.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
  #6
saywut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
If we're out of it at the deadline they can move him, assuming he isn't returning. He's one of our most productive forwards though.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
  #7
D U M B A
The Disaster March
 
D U M B A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 523
I agree, we don't have many assets worth trading for at this point (are few valuable players are worth keeping and we shouldn't be discarding more prospects).

I thought about it more after his comment about getting older and wanting to win the cup and not wanting be on a re-building team. I know he isn't asking to be traded but I thought Chicago would be a good fit since they're contenders, hell, Washington has amazing prospects they may move for him.

I just don't see us getting a lot for Schultz, Mittens, etc...

Burns is another player I don't want to (necessarily) be traded but I think if we could land a young center (Krejci?) for him, I'd be all for it to help down the middle.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
  #8
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
If we're out of it at the deadline they can move him, assuming he isn't returning. He's one of our most productive forwards though.
This is pretty much my thought. I doubt there is a big difference between trading him now and at the deadline (outside of Bruno pulling a Gaborik getting injured). He's a value, but not that much to a team like Chicago as Brunette would be a $2.5 million third liner when someone cheaper can be had. If someone is getting traded by the Blackhawks, I would expect to be similar to the Bruins' Kessel deal in that they will try to get picks instead of players.

The other key is something that saywut alluded to. While Brunette is not part of the Wild's long-term plan (let's face it, he's 37), he's one of our most productive forwards. Unless there is an immediate return for a young top-six forward (which at best would be a lateral move for this season), the move will cost the team money and production. It also isn't a good signal to send your team that they will be worse and miss playoffs for a third straight year when you are trying to sign your captain and one of the top young defensemen to good deals.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 11:50 PM
  #9
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
I can see Brunette being moved out at the deadline if we are indeed out of it, but I just can't see it happening. I think we will be in it the whole time and will challenge for the 8th spot. It's hard to imagine that we wouldn't, but weird things have happened.

Brunette could net us some nice pieces, but he's not worth moving right now. He plays great with Koivu, and is a warrior. A great guy to have on the team.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 12:43 PM
  #10
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,593
vCash: 500
We need young top six forwards...nobody is going to give us a young top six forward for an older UFA with great hands who can't skate.

Draft picks...we might get, what, a second rounder? I guess that might help the future, but I don't see Leipold signing off on that deal if our team is going to be miserably awful for two years.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
  #11
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Move Brunette now.

We made the mistake of letting him walk before.

He's a tough, playoff tested forward.

He has a good contract.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:14 PM
  #12
D U M B A
The Disaster March
 
D U M B A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
We need young top six forwards...nobody is going to give us a young top six forward for an older UFA with great hands who can't skate.

Draft picks...we might get, what, a second rounder? I guess that might help the future, but I don't see Leipold signing off on that deal if our team is going to be miserably awful for two years.
There are teams willing to trade for him for a lot of reasons posted in this thread. Because he isn't fast doesn't mean he doesn't produce, it does mean he might fit a different style of play (the trap) than what we're aiming to become (aggressive forecheck?) better though.

Honestly, I undervalue our tradable assets a lot (e.g. Bouchard for a 5th anyone?) but I do believe we could get more than a second rounder for Andrew. But saying we did just get a pick, it really doesn't mean we would be awful for two years as we wait for that prospect to develop. The trade would open up cap room for signings and other trades too.

Just saying.

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:58 PM
  #13
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
There are teams willing to trade for him for a lot of reasons posted in this thread. Because he isn't fast doesn't mean he doesn't produce, it does mean he might fit a different style of play (the trap) than what we're aiming to become (aggressive forecheck?) better though.

Honestly, I undervalue our tradable assets a lot (e.g. Bouchard for a 5th anyone?) but I do believe we could get more than a second rounder for Andrew. But saying we did just get a pick, it really doesn't mean we would be awful for two years as we wait for that prospect to develop. The trade would open up cap room for signings and other trades too.

Just saying.
Oh I agree with you, but I just don't see there being a reason now. With how shallow the free agent crop is for forwards, we'd be overpaying up the wazoo for a long-term replacement and is there anyone who needs the extra $2.5 million next year?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
  #14
D U M B A
The Disaster March
 
D U M B A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Oh I agree with you, but I just don't see there being a reason now. With how shallow the free agent crop is for forwards, we'd be overpaying up the wazoo for a long-term replacement and is there anyone who needs the extra $2.5 million next year?
I agree with all of that. There is no reason to just trade him immediately without mulling over a lot of other options (where are we in the standings a few months into next season, at the deadline, who are we looking to acquire that is a bigger cap hit).

I also agree there are not any long term replacements via free agency this year (Hey Chris Higgins, want a five year deal?). As for the extra 2.5 if we traded Andrew. I think his cap hit is money well spent. But I was thinking it all depends on if Butch comes back, what Lats is asking for, and what we're attempting to trade for.

I listened to that Wild Teleconference today and they're saying ticket prices are rising because we're now spending to the cap. To me, what cap room will we have considering all the above scenarios? I just thought Brunette was one of our better tradable assets (that also didn't fit into the long term picture) but if he wasn't traded, no worries, as he adds a lot to the team on/off the ice.

We could/should/probably will try to attempt to trade the usual suggestions: Mittens, Sheppard, Harding, etc...but what do you think reasonably, we will get for them? To go back to my last post about undervaluing our talent, I never would have thought we'd get a 2nd rounder for Belanger (despite his great face off winning percentage). Never.

The life of a GM. I'm very curious what Fletcher is going to do in the next couple months. The anticipation is definitively building!

D U M B A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:39 AM
  #15
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,948
vCash: 528
Yeah let's trade him. Who needs wings who actually score? I'm sure a 3rd rounder and a middling prospect wouldmake up for it

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
  #16
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,521
vCash: 50
You don't trade that type of leadership....especially for his price. He loves this state and his wife and family do too. It would take a huge overpayment of basically a high 1st rounder to convince me otherwise

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:25 AM
  #17
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
You don't trade that type of leadership....especially for his price. He loves this state and his wife and family do too. It would take a huge overpayment of basically a high 1st rounder to convince me otherwise
And you're exactly what is wrong with this franchise.

Between this post and your post in the the ticket raising prices (which I won't argue to an extent), however...

Brunette is an asset that is an unrestricted free agent. We made the dumbest mistake of letting Nolan dictate where he wanted to go instead of trading him and getting help in the future.

This is what is wrong with the franchise.

Too many player simply walk away for nothing. Because they like it here (Rolston). Or because they mean so much to the team (Walz). And guess how much they brought back to this team when their contracts ended; nothing. Look at the fiasco Walz left us in.

In the end, this team is a business. You have to remove personal opinions from the business in order to success. You can't become too attached to a player (O'Sullivan) that you end up making a mistake that can hurt this team (Gaborik).

Brunette is an asset. One of the only assets that the Wild have. You move him for the future of this team. He understands this is a business and that moving him helps this team, his friends' on this team, and the organization. If he wants to come back in some capacity when he retires, the door is always open.

But right now, the Wild can't be mired in what is good for this team now when now is mediocrity. We need to be concerned about the future and Brunette, unless he has found a fountain of youth and can play for the next 3+ years, isn't going to be a factor in the future.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 08:18 AM
  #18
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
And you're exactly what is wrong with this franchise.
You can have your opinion, but you are incorrect and I have a feeling more would be on my side than yours. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the most negative poster in these boards which makes me question if you even care about what actually takes place or if what happens on the ice is the only thing you actually care about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Brunette is an asset that is an unrestricted free agent. We made the dumbest mistake of letting Nolan dictate where he wanted to go instead of trading him and getting help in the future.
The difference, and I was the only one VOCAL that the Nolan discussion and said Richards and Fletcher were playing favorites. I have also been someone who discussed we need to trade Burns if the price is right so we can get better and to stop playing home favorites. However, why don't you do a little research as to what Brunette and his family do for this community compared to Nolan and Burns. Once again, there is more to keeping a player for what they do to instill the team becoming one with their city and state. Do you like having players make personal appearances and sign autographs for kids? And before you say "you don't care" I sincerely hope you do not have any younger siblings, nieces/nephews/cousins/what have you, before you answer like that. Do you like having players on your team who come to play night in and night out because they don't want to let their fans down? Do you like having a player that I just said I would consider for a high 1st round, but I'm not going to lose a veteran player who is an extremely vocal player in the lockerroom, the ice, and in the press conferences for table scraps when he is less than a $3M caphit and can play 1st line minutes against 1st line talent still? Or would you like to have a team like the Yankees where everyone is only there for the money and the championship? If that is the case, please go be a fan of another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
This is what is wrong with the franchise.

Too many player simply walk away for nothing. Because they like it here (Rolston). Or because they mean so much to the team (Walz). And guess how much they brought back to this team when their contracts ended; nothing. Look at the fiasco Walz left us in.
We did get something for Rolston. Get your facts straight before you call people out. Walz retired and if you don't know why he retired, you once again are not a fan of this team and yet another fairweather fan who is inpatient with this team and wants the Stanley Cup now because as a state we "deserve" it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
In the end, this team is a business. You have to remove personal opinions from the business in order to success. You can't become too attached to a player (O'Sullivan) that you end up making a mistake that can hurt this team (Gaborik).
And if you do it as a business you do not allow key assets who will still sign for a hometown discount to be traded for table scraps. If you want to bring Gaborik into the equation it was the fact that as a player he knew he had this team by the balls because he was the only one who could actually put the puck in the net consistently. Most true fans, knew this team needed to separate themselves from him because it was turning into a Pavel Bure in Florida. You lose one player, and the team fails....exactly what happened with us, the only difference is Koivu became everything we were hoping he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Brunette is an asset. One of the only assets that the Wild have. You move him for the future of this team. He understands this is a business and that moving him helps this team, his friends' on this team, and the organization. If he wants to come back in some capacity when he retires, the door is always open.
When was the last time you allowed someone into your front office that you traded away that didn't want to? DR already admitted he should of never let him leave during the lockout for Colorado in the first place. You still need continuity for your organization. If you don't, you have teams like the Islanders who just run around aimlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
But right now, the Wild can't be mired in what is good for this team now when now is mediocrity. We need to be concerned about the future and Brunette, unless he has found a fountain of youth and can play for the next 3+ years, isn't going to be a factor in the future.
Once again, you are demanding we win the conference basically next year. Guess what...it isn't going to happen next year or the year after or probably the year after that. If you can't handle that, Union Center is only about 8 hours away.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
  #19
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,948
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
You don't trade that type of leadership....especially for his price. He loves this state and his wife and family do too. It would take a huge overpayment of basically a high 1st rounder to convince me otherwise
Exactly my sentiments. My guess is that any real world offers the Wild would get for Brunette would be underpayment in terms of his actual on-ice performance for the salary he's paid, plus all the intangibles he brings in terms of setting an example for younger players, playing through injuries, and being a model citizen in the community.

Some players just need to stay, and Brunette is one of them. Because he was never fast and is unlikely to get slower(is it even possible?), and is durable, I could see his game staying at his current level for years to come.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:17 PM
  #20
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
You can have your opinion, but you are incorrect and I have a feeling more would be on my side than yours. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the most negative poster in these boards which makes me question if you even care about what actually takes place or if what happens on the ice is the only thing you actually care about??
Yes, I am sure a lot of fans are really happy that out of Veilleux, Gaborik, Rolston, Demitra, Walz, White, Skoula, Radivojevic, Parrish, Ward, Voros, Federouk, Carney, Minnesota could only squeeze out a 4th.

At least Fletcher did something with Johnsson and Belanger before they walked.

Most negative? No, try most realistic. It's funny how much you guys like ignoring the future. I remember really criticizing DR for years and you guys says he's great and then BAM! You turn on him the year he was fired and then backtracked saying how bad his drafts were.

I have praised GMCF for his moves with Pouliot and his drafting. Plus picking up Havlat as well.

And that makes no sense. I care about both and for a good team to take place, you need to build the organization for long term success. We aren't built that way and the only way how is to move players like Brunette.

Quote:
The difference, and I was the only one VOCAL that the Nolan discussion and said Richards and Fletcher were playing favorites. I have also been someone who discussed we need to trade Burns if the price is right so we can get better and to stop playing home favorites.
And we're doing the same thing with Brunette. And we don't need to trade Burns right now as we have such a soft defense. Burns is part of the core of this team.

Quote:
However, why don't you do a little research as to what Brunette and his family do for this community compared to Nolan and Burns.
What about Rolston and what he did for the organization and the community? What about Parrish? There are a lot of players that do things for the community while playing for a certain team. Podein did the same thing yet he played for the Blues and the Avalanche.

Quote:
Once again, there is more to keeping a player for what they do to instill the team becoming one with their city and state. Do you like having players make personal appearances and sign autographs for kids? And before you say "you don't care" I sincerely hope you do not have any younger siblings, nieces/nephews/cousins/what have you, before you answer like that.
In truth how many players do this? There are a LOT of players that do a lot for the community and state. So why didn't we keep Rolston? So why don't we keep Boogaard? Who is one of the fan favorites and who does a lot for the community? Who signs autographs and do stuff for the community?

Quote:
Do you like having players on your team who come to play night in and night out because they don't want to let their fans down? Do you like having a player that I just said I would consider for a high 1st round, but I'm not going to lose a veteran player who is an extremely vocal player in the lockerroom, the ice, and in the press conferences for table scraps when he is less than a $3M caphit and can play 1st line minutes against 1st line talent still? Or would you like to have a team like the Yankees where everyone is only there for the money and the championship?
So why not sign Nolan back for 2-3 million a year? Why not bring back Fedoruk? Bad example for the Yankees as many players on that team aren't there for the money or the championship. The Yankees just give them the money. Would you say the same thing about Mauer if he left for the Red Sox or the Yankees? That he's only interested in money? Hell he didn't take much of a home town discount to stay with the Twins.


Quote:
We did get something for Rolston. Get your facts straight before you call people out. Walz retired and if you don't know why he retired, you once again are not a fan of this team and yet another fairweather fan who is inpatient with this team and wants the Stanley Cup now because as a state we "deserve" it.
Impatient? We had to beg Walz to come back. We shouldn't have ever signed Walz back. We should have moved on from him. And yes, we did. I forgot the 4th rounder. Great value there for a player that loved the team, loved the state and wanted his kids to grow up here.

And when have I ever shown to be impatient? Do some research as I have multiple times called for patience and asked this team to get it over with and rebuild this team and dump off veterans to help in the future.

Quote:
And if you do it as a business you do not allow key assets who will still sign for a hometown discount to be traded for table scraps. If you want to bring Gaborik into the equation it was the fact that as a player he knew he had this team by the balls because he was the only one who could actually put the puck in the net consistently. Most true fans, knew this team needed to separate themselves from him because it was turning into a Pavel Bure in Florida. You lose one player, and the team fails....exactly what happened with us, the only difference is Koivu became everything we were hoping he would.
Backstrom, Bouchard, Schultz, Rolston...wait. Did they take a hometown discount? Or...And if you want to bring Koivu into this equation, I was one of the only ones to call for patience in his develop as fans were pissed he was staying in Europe.

Quote:
When was the last time you allowed someone into your front office that you traded away that didn't want to? DR already admitted he should of never let him leave during the lockout for Colorado in the first place. You still need continuity for your organization. If you don't, you have teams like the Islanders who just run around aimlessly.
Michalek. I ddin't want Minnesota to trade Michalek for a home town player. Islanders actually have a core and are building. Oh how about Boston? Colorado? Chicago? Pittsburgh? Washington?...

Quote:
Once again, you are demanding we win the conference basically next year. Guess what...it isn't going to happen next year or the year after or probably the year after that. If you can't handle that, Union Center is only about 8 hours away.
Huh? What? Can you not read? I have said to trade off the veterans, multiple times and have constantly to REBUILD THIS TEAM. I don't want to win the conference. Hence why I said if unless Brunette can become younger, we should move him as he doesn't help this team in the future. I could care less until this organization can build around Burns and Koivu.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:32 PM
  #21
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,781
vCash: 500
Oh thank god we can build around guys who will be around 30 when the time comes for a quality team and overcome four years of horrible drafting.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
  #22
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Oh thank god we can build around guys who will be around 30 when the time comes for a quality team and overcome four years of horrible drafting.
Wait? So 30 isn't prime years? Wasn't Yzerman around that hold when the Red Wings pushed into the playoffs?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
  #23
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
If Brunette is traded I hope they wait to do it AFTER Koivu's contract is extended.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
  #24
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
If Brunette is traded I hope they wait to do it AFTER Koivu's contract is extended.
Koivu needs to be extended in the fall. Brunette, if he takes a massive pay cut (like around <1-1 million) then we should really think about moving him.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
  #25
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Koivu needs to be extended in the fall. Brunette, if he takes a massive pay cut (like around <1-1 million) then we should really think about moving him.
They can start negotiating July 1, so I'd prefer the summer.

That makes Brunette a mid-season/deadline deal. Getting Koivu to resign at the best price possible isn't going to be any easier with Brunette off the roster during negotiations.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.