HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov Interview

Old
05-18-2010, 09:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
The more experience Anisimov gets at this level, the better he'll become and the more he'll set the tone for his linemattes. He did excellent in Hartford playing with Byers/Dupont and Paranteau, the later of who is not a big guy.

The point of Byfuglien is not to become a 30 goal scorer, but for him to at even strength cycle and wreck havoc with Anisimov and another cycler (Prust, Weise, Avery, Cally, etc.), and screen the goalie on the PP.

Big Byfug's come along way, been following him for a few years now. He went from being a 3rd paid Dman who would do notihng but fight to being a 35-point player scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs both this season and last.
I'm not arguing against AA at all, nor that Byfuglien is playing some great hockey right now. Just against the notion that we should give up assets to acquire a 3M guy whose good for 35 points a year. If we don't want Matt Lombardi because we shouldn't be counting on him "breaking out" here, we definitely aren't going to rely on Byfuglien breaking out either. My point about AA needing a big guy to be comfortable was simply, if the other poster think a guy like Byfuglien is the only way AA is ever going to be productive than he won't have a great career. I don't think that's going to be the case as AA matures but his argument for Byfuglien being the "perfect" winger for AA is just a silly one. A second line of Byfuglien, AA and Cally, for example, is a third line on any other team in the NHL, even if it does find chemistry and do well together.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 12:28 PM
rangersfan111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
I'm not arguing against AA at all, nor that Byfuglien is playing some great hockey right now. Just against the notion that we should give up assets to acquire a 3M guy whose good for 35 points a year. If we don't want Matt Lombardi because we shouldn't be counting on him "breaking out" here, we definitely aren't going to rely on Byfuglien breaking out either. My point about AA needing a big guy to be comfortable was simply, if the other poster think a guy like Byfuglien is the only way AA is ever going to be productive than he won't have a great career. I don't think that's going to be the case as AA matures but his argument for Byfuglien being the "perfect" winger for AA is just a silly one. A second line of Byfuglien, AA and Cally, for example, is a third line on any other team in the NHL, even if it does find chemistry and do well together.
wow lol you just gave me the perfect example
Dustin byfuglien has averaged 36 ppg in the past 3 years as a 22-24 year old ...
lombardi at the same age averaged 37 ppg
lombardi has reached his potential hes 27 years old now ... and he was given top 6 minutes this past season....
the only way AA will reach his potential is if he plays with players he feels comfortable around.. period.
my argument for anisimov is that he needs to feel comfortable in order to reach his potential (you can argue with that all you want ... but that is just a fact)
my second argument that you have a problem with is that byfuglien is a perfect winger for anisimov (well he is a powerforward that sticks up for his teammates and is a tough competitor-gains the confidence of the players around them and has good hands)
and when you are paying your 3rd line is making 11 million per season together (drury,callahan,mza) your going to have to make sacrafices
anisimov will need time to develop but in order to develop he needs to play more and log more minutes (2nd line minutes not 4th line minutes)

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:22 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
wow lol you just gave me the perfect example
Dustin byfuglien has averaged 36 ppg in the past 3 years as a 22-24 year old ...
lombardi at the same age averaged 37 ppg
lombardi has reached his potential hes 27 years old now ... and he was given top 6 minutes this past season....
the only way AA will reach his potential is if he plays with players he feels comfortable around.. period.
my argument for anisimov is that he needs to feel comfortable in order to reach his potential (you can argue with that all you want ... but that is just a fact)
my second argument that you have a problem with is that byfuglien is a perfect winger for anisimov (well he is a powerforward that sticks up for his teammates and is a tough competitor-gains the confidence of the players around them and has good hands)
and when you are paying your 3rd line is making 11 million per season together (drury,callahan,mza) your going to have to make sacrafices
anisimov will need time to develop but in order to develop he needs to play more and log more minutes (2nd line minutes not 4th line minutes)
Oh boy... Lombardi hasn't "reached" his potential... he was traded to a team that uses him in the top 6 rather than as a 3rd line center and PK guy. Lombardi has always shown that he's had this potential, but Calgary never used him in the role, because of how good of a two-way player and PKer he is. Not only is a significantly more skilled offensive player, but his speed, discipline and two-way game make him TWICE the player Byfuglien is. And I'd put money on Lombardi topping 60 points here, while I'd put equal money on Byfuglein not reaching 40.

Anisimov getting more time doesn't require a big body on his line. AA may need to be comfortable to reach his potential, but if the only way he's going to be comfortable is with a 6'2+, 225+ player than he's simply NOT going to have a great career. Part of playing in the NHL is adjusting to adversity and being successful despite odds that are stacked against you; if AA can only be effective with a heavyweight on his line, he is severely limiting himself.

Byfuglien is the hot guy in the playoffs this year, just like there have been in so many other seasons before (Pisani, for example) but that does not negate the fact that, while he still has the potential to improve, he will likely never be good for a consistent 45 points per season unless he is playing with elite talent on his line, which AA is not. 35-45 points for 3M, especially on a team with a cap situation like ours is just stupid. I can spell that for you if you want, S-T-U-P-I-D. Further, trading away assets to acquire a 3M contract that's only going to give you 35 points is even stupider. When you're third line makes 11M combined (in your example), you don't "make sacrifices" by trading FOR a 3M 35 point scorer... not even sure where you're going with that.

Byfuglien may be the "ideal" winger for AA, but AA is simply going to have to find chemistry with somebody else... and if he can't produce without a heavyweight on his wing, than... oh well. Even if AA and Byfuglien developed instant chemistry and were the PERFECT compliments for one another, AA is not so talented a player that he makes Byfuglien more than a 40 point player. You think because he's P/PG in the playoffs he's going to put up 65 next season? Is the first post-season you've been a hockey fan for?

It's really very, very simple. On HFboards, whoever has the hot hand is the best player at their position in the entire league. Whoever had a hat trick last night could be dealt for the #1 overall pick. Whoever gets hot in the playoffs is better than Ovie, Kovie, Parise, Getzlaf, blah, blah, blah because they perform in the clutch. Whoever pitches 150:00 minutes of straight shutout hockey is better than Luongo and Lundqvist, hands down. Right now, Byfuglien is the flavor of the month. In reality, however, he is a 3rd liner, not worth trading assets for, especially not for the simple reason that he MAY click with AA.

Last edited by SERE 24: 05-19-2010 at 06:38 PM.
SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 06:57 PM
ecemleafs

Is Malone available? He'd be an ideal linemate for Anisimov imo.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Is Malone available? He'd be an ideal linemate for Anisimov imo.
It's a similar argument with malone that there is with Buff. Malone has found quite the nitch on Stamkos's wings, to pry him away from that would cost us some quality assests, assests we cannot afford to give up.

Edit: Fail on my part, i was thinking about downie on Stamkos's line. While Malone does produce more than Buff, is either one still worth giving up assets for? Unless Malone is an UFA this offseason.

Last edited by Emptyvoid: 05-19-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
It's a similar argument with malone that there is with Buff. Malone has found quite the nitch on Stamkos's wings, to pry him away from that would cost us some quality assests, assests we cannot afford to give up.
malone has scored 20+ goals 5 times in the NHL, the only time being a year he scored 16 in 64 games.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Unless Malone is an UFA this offseason.
He's signed through 2015, $4.5 a year.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
He's signed through 2015, $4.5 a year.
Yea we can't afford that.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

also chicago is a motivated seller

they have to shed salary

so dustin b might not be more than a 40 point player but he could perhaps come for a prospect as chicago needs to lighten the wallet

then again byf has a salary of 3 million per annum

not the best ROI

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
rangersfan111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Oh boy... Lombardi hasn't "reached" his potential... he was traded to a team that uses him in the top 6 rather than as a 3rd line center and PK guy. Lombardi has always shown that he's had this potential, but Calgary never used him in the role, because of how good of a two-way player and PKer he is. Not only is a significantly more skilled offensive player, but his speed, discipline and two-way game make him TWICE the player Byfuglien is. And I'd put money on Lombardi topping 60 points here, while I'd put equal money on Byfuglein not reaching 40.

Anisimov getting more time doesn't require a big body on his line. AA may need to be comfortable to reach his potential, but if the only way he's going to be comfortable is with a 6'2+, 225+ player than he's simply NOT going to have a great career. Part of playing in the NHL is adjusting to adversity and being successful despite odds that are stacked against you; if AA can only be effective with a heavyweight on his line, he is severely limiting himself.

Byfuglien is the hot guy in the playoffs this year, just like there have been in so many other seasons before (Pisani, for example) but that does not negate the fact that, while he still has the potential to improve, he will likely never be good for a consistent 45 points per season unless he is playing with elite talent on his line, which AA is not. 35-45 points for 3M, especially on a team with a cap situation like ours is just stupid. I can spell that for you if you want, S-T-U-P-I-D. Further, trading away assets to acquire a 3M contract that's only going to give you 35 points is even stupider. When you're third line makes 11M combined (in your example), you don't "make sacrifices" by trading FOR a 3M 35 point scorer... not even sure where you're going with that.

Byfuglien may be the "ideal" winger for AA, but AA is simply going to have to find chemistry with somebody else... and if he can't produce without a heavyweight on his wing, than... oh well. Even if AA and Byfuglien developed instant chemistry and were the PERFECT compliments for one another, AA is not so talented a player that he makes Byfuglien more than a 40 point player. You think because he's P/PG in the playoffs he's going to put up 65 next season? Is the first post-season you've been a hockey fan for?

It's really very, very simple. On HFboards, whoever has the hot hand is the best player at their position in the entire league. Whoever had a hat trick last night could be dealt for the #1 overall pick. Whoever gets hot in the playoffs is better than Ovie, Kovie, Parise, Getzlaf, blah, blah, blah because they perform in the clutch. Whoever pitches 150:00 minutes of straight shutout hockey is better than Luongo and Lundqvist, hands down. Right now, Byfuglien is the flavor of the month. In reality, however, he is a 3rd liner, not worth trading assets for, especially not for the simple reason that he MAY click with AA.
i don't know how to debate with someone that does not know how to argue. first i would like to stress that I am jumping on the byfuglien bandwagon ... not because he had a couple good playoffs.
the reason i like byfuglien is because he is a big powerforward, a great defensive player, and has incredible hands for a guy his size...any guy thats willing to stick up for any of his teammates is well liked and respected in the locker room ... I don't understand where you come to this belief that I like byfuglien because of the one series he had against vancouver... i have never said that in any of my previous posts.. so i don't know where you get your ovie and kovalchuk arguments (they are just ridicuolous)

secondly i just don't understand what you think its going to take for us to get byfuglien... chicago is in desperate need to trade him ... what assets are you thinking of (we will not have to trade any of our top prospects or top picks ... an average prospect and a mid pick should get the deal done)...

also like i said previously before this season anisimov scouts were projecting anisimov to be a 1st line centre ... he can't be placed in a bottom 6 role again this year it will just slow his development and decrease his likelihood of reaching that potential.

now my argument from the beginning was that byfuglien is the perfect linemate for anisimov and with your recent post you have agreed with me that byfuglien is the ideal player to play with AA...

So now that you have agreed with me ... I have no reason to further debate with you ...

Anisimov needs top 6 minutes and he needs to play with players that he feels comfortable around(that was my argument) ... i never said anything about liking him because of his playoffs... i like him because he is not utlized properly on the stacked chicago team and he is a big player with decent hands and great defensive awareness...
your post just makes you sound stupid and I don't understand what you are trying to debate with me .. you already agreed with me byfuglien is the ideal player for anisimov ...
thank you

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

imho we already have ideal players to play with Anisimov.

Dubinsky and Gabby.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
imho we already have ideal players to play with Anisimov.

Dubinsky and Gabby.
Im sure thats one of about a million combinations Torts will try next season.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote