HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Iginla willing to waive NTC if it works for his family?

Old
05-17-2010, 08:55 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
I like Igy but c'mon Markov? I know it's easier to do this since we have shown we can win with out him in the line up. The way I see it is that if he is avaible, Markov should be your last resource. A proposal starting with Markov is bad for this team IMO. Don't bite the bait even if it's Igy.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Max Levine

Trading Markov for Iginla is debatable. I wouldn't do it but I understand some would rather have Iginla. Problem is I don't see how our defense is so solid. Subban is coming up to add to our defense, not to replace Markov. Who else do we have that could come up and solidify that defense? Yemelin? Weber? Carle? Fischer?

Seems to me we'd be strengthening our offense while weakening our defense.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Ubercron9000

I think Markov could be dealt for iginla. I had a dream line up of

Cam-Pleks-Iginla
Kovalchuk-Engvist-Gionta

As our top 6. It would be pretty sick. Thats without trading price. If we trade price for a young stud centerman and replace engvist this could be a much better team. We would have a solid and fun top 6 to watch during the season and thats without getting rid of any of our prospects.

With Kovalchuk our PP would be unstoppable. The only knock would be our defense. But if we get rid of hamrlik We could maybe sign a defesemen like Volchekov or Hamuis. Although I think Hamuis is a more rounded defenseman.

Our Defense would be
SUbban-Gorges
Spacek-O'bryne
Gill-Weber

Our Defense looks weak though thats why we would want to get a player like Hamuis or Volchenkov to solidify our defense. I also said price would get us that centre man or he could get us that great young defenseman to play with spacek.

Its unlikely this would happen albiet the team would score a lot more. As opposed to having 12 goals from Gomez.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post

Cam-Pleks-Iginla
Kovalchuk-Engvist-Gionta

As our top 6. It would be pretty sick. Thats without trading price. If we trade price for a young stud centerman and replace engvist this could be a much better team. We would have a solid and fun top 6 to watch during the season and thats without getting rid of any of our prospects.

With Kovalchuk our PP would be unstoppable. The only knock would be our defense. But if we get rid of hamrlik We could maybe sign a defesemen like Volchekov or Hamuis. Although I think Hamuis is a more rounded defenseman.

Our Defense would be
SUbban-Gorges
Spacek-O'bryne
Gill-Weber

Our Defense looks weak though thats why we would want to get a player like Hamuis or Volchenkov to solidify our defense. I also said price would get us that centre man or he could get us that great young defenseman to play with spacek.

Its unlikely this would happen albiet the team would score a lot more. As opposed to having 12 goals from Gomez.
.... and how exactly would you perform this without going over the cap by 40 million? lol

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:

Cam-Pleks-Iginla
Kovalchuk-Engvist-Gionta

Our Defense would be
SUbban-Gorges
Spacek-O'bryne
Gill-Weber

Keep dreaming...Engvist... facepalmx2

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Markov for Iginla would be Chelios-Savard act 2. Markov still has 2-3 years of prime and Iginla is already in decline, plus he makes more money. Plus, it creates a big hole on defense that we can't fill.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I like Igy but c'mon Markov? I know it's easier to do this since we have shown we can win with out him in the line up. The way I see it is that if he is avaible, Markov should be your last resource. A proposal starting with Markov is bad for this team IMO. Don't bite the bait even if it's Igy.
The Habs have won without Markov short term, over the long run he is a huge loss.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 03:21 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

Cam-Pleks-Iginla
Kovalchuk-Engvist-Gionta

Our Defense would be
SUbban-Gorges
Spacek-O'bryne
Gill-Weber

??? Wow ! Just WOW !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Would you pick Kabanov if you were Montreal at 27-30 whichever pick we get?
NO. We have enough headcases with the Kost Bros, and all the other Russians who don't want to sign with the Habs.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Ubercron9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
.... and how exactly would you perform this without going over the cap by 40 million? lol
Easy you send gomez down bring him up. If no one takes him his contract is reduced by half right? So if no one takes him good for us. We traded markov and possibly Andrei and sergei for Iginla. Save a milof cap space. We put down hamrlik and we have enough space to sign Kovalchuk. Plus the money we saved from gomez. Or we keep Gomez in the minors. I'm just saying its plausible. Its it probable... hell no. But a man can dream.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:28 PM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Easy you send gomez down bring him up. If no one takes him his contract is reduced by half right? So if no one takes him good for us. We traded markov and possibly Andrei and sergei for Iginla. Save a milof cap space. We put down hamrlik and we have enough space to sign Kovalchuk. Plus the money we saved from gomez. Or we keep Gomez in the minors. I'm just saying its plausible. Its it probable... hell no. But a man can dream.
That is definitely not how that works.

the vinyl version is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 04:34 PM
markov`

Quote:
Lol everything you just said is far from plausible. If you're not talking about a video game that is.

Also, we're in the conference finals and you want us to change half of our roster.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Go Habs Go

Would Calgary even want a Markov? It seems to me like if they trade away Iginla, they don't have much offense at all after.

Go Habs Go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Bekbe

Wow, Calgary had a problem this year, the offence was not good.....so trade youre best player in offence, leadership and trade him for another defenceman.....no
and Montreal, we already need a top 4 defencement so....if you trade Markov, what gonna happen.......oh no...we need a defence top 4
we already have Markov and he sign here for less money the last time, I'm sure he want the same thing again, we must keep him if we really want to have a good defence....build with the best you have

Bekbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Trade Price for Iginla.

Markov for Cory Perry.

We would have two big size skilled forwards.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:12 PM
FoxMulder91*

Flames fan here. I have not read through the whole thread yet, though I might after this post.

Iginla said he wants to stay in Calgary, although if the Flames ask him to waive his no trade clause and it made sense for his family he would consider it.

Calgary wont trade Iginla for Markov unless the Habs include more.
If Calgary trades Iginla, they should do a full rebuild, imo. While Markov is a great player, I would not want him as the main piece in the deal.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:17 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
[B]to Calgary Flames: Andrei Kostitsyn,Ryan O'Byrne, Roman Harmlik.
to Montreal Canadiens: Mark Giordano, Mikael Backlund
Uh, no thanks from a Calgary point of view.

Flames already have Sarich who has a hard time making their top 4.

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Regher - White (assuming he's re-signed)

Flames have no real need for Hamrlik or O'Byrne.
Giordano was our best d-man this year and Backlund is our best "prospect" (since he's still eligible as a rookie next year)

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
??? Wow ! Just WOW !
Whats wrong with Engqvist? Imagine the terror he would instill in opponents if put on a line with Lahti, the Finnish Rocket

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
LOL so you want to send Gomez down and think that no other team would pick him up at under 4 million?

That would be highway robbery! Not to mention we would be losing almost 4 million of cap space for a guy not even on our team.

Its almost funny just how much Gomez is underated because of his salary

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
Flames fan here. I have not read through the whole thread yet, though I might after this post.

Iginla said he wants to stay in Calgary, although if the Flames ask him to waive his no trade clause and it made sense for his family he would consider it.

Calgary wont trade Iginla for Markov unless the Habs include more.
If Calgary trades Iginla, they should do a full rebuild, imo. While Markov is a great player, I would not want him as the main piece in the deal.
You're not Calgary's GM. You have no idea what Sutter would want or not. The guy traded Phaneuf for some spare change.

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
Uh, no thanks from a Calgary point of view.

Flames already have Sarich who has a hard time making their top 4.

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Regher - White (assuming he's re-signed)

Flames have no real need for Hamrlik or O'Byrne.
Giordano was our best d-man this year and Backlund is our best "prospect" (since he's still eligible as a rookie next year)
What about Markov, Pacioretty and Yannick Weber

vs

Jarome Iginla

You would get two very, very good prospects and a great offensive d-man.

Or what about Pouliot and Markov?

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:11 AM
mrdonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're not Calgary's GM. You have no idea what Sutter would want or not. The guy traded Phaneuf for some spare change.
You guys probably didn't watch a lot of Phaneuf being in the eastern conference and all, but once he's been in Toronto for a while you'll see why this deal was worth it just to get rid of his contract. Trust me on this. I was glad to see him leave and in 3 years I'll still be glad to have Ian White making half of what Phaneuf makes. Stajan and Hagman are just icing on the cake.

Anyway, I'm not sure what value you guys think the Kostitsyns have but no Flames fan I've ever talked to has wanted them here, especially not if Iginla is going the other way. We also have no need for Price as he would just end up riding the pine behind Kipper for 70+ games.

Markov also has no value to us. That's not the same as saying he's not a valuable player, he is, but we already have a franchise d-man in Bouwmeester and a very good up-and-comer in Giordano. If Iginla leaves then there has to be an elite forward coming back, or a young player/pick we can built our offense around for the future (Hall/Seguin). If neither of those things are coming back then there's no point trading Iggy.

Not to pick on Habs fans in particular, but what a lot of people probably don't realize is that the Flames aren't in a position where they *have* to trade Iginla. We're happy with him and he's happy to stay here. I just don't think Montreal has anything that they'd be willing to part with that the Flames would want in return for a player of Iggy's calibre. For as much talk as there is that he's past his prime and no longer an elite player, people were saying the exact same thing in 2006, then he came back and rebounded with 94, 98, and 89 point seasons, so I'm really not worried about his production declining. At this point he has more value to the Flames than anything we could possibly get in return for him, and I'm sure management looks at it that way as well. The only way Iginla leaves is if he requests a trade, which I just don't see happening.

But you're free to keep wishing, if you'd like.

mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote