HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Parent Appreciation Thread

Old
05-19-2010, 09:30 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
What makes you think that, his earth shattering nine points?
Last time I checked.........9>3

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Im never gonna say anything nice about him to begin with but that is besides the point. And is there a specific reason you didnt call anyone out who backlashed him.

Had to be me right?

because of a single game in which he played a total of what?.....a whopping 9 minutes....... lets all jump the Parent bandwagon.

You and JSTAFF go have your fun Parent circle jerk while you gaze through the numerous posters you two have up in your rooms and admire the lack of ability that he brings to the team.

Im sure it gets you guys of no problem.
Ummm yeah the obvious reason is because you started a thread about him and how awful he has been. Seems like you would be the logical person to call out. ???? Not sure who is all jumping on the bandwagon but just giving credit where credit is due is something a man would do, and throughout a history of injuries he has more than exceeded expectations this postseason.

Love how you go to the insults which just further shows your lack of inability to argue your point of view on the issue... (and perhaps jealousy of no invite to the circle jerk?????)

Your lack of proper english kinda hindered your point on the last sentence. Arguing gayness is just irresponsible and immature young man and you of all people should know that becasue im sure you have been questioned many a time on that issue. Thats was an adorable try though.

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:49 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubey1327 View Post
Any chance we can trade you as a fan to Vancouver? Parent is amazzzinngggggggggggggg. Dont be upset because you decided to take a stand and hate Parent and then he turned out at the end of this season to be more than anyone could ask for and now ya cant say anything nice about him.
No kidding. It's a shame that some people are clueless when it comes to defencemen and the time it takes most of them to mature. Parent has had a ton of injuries which have slowed his progress.

If I recall correctly this same poster went on a similar rant about Richards earlier this season, way over the top and full of venom. Must be nice to be perfect!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:50 PM
infidelappel*

Early in the last game, I was telling DUHockey9 that I felt Parent had come on strong throughout the playoffs and was doing his job, and that I thought he was getting some undue hate on these boards.

He promptly turned the puck over, twice.

That said, I still think people calling for his head need to mellow out because he's been adequate. I think we all overrated his ceiling, but he's been fine as a guy playing < 10 mins a night and just doing his job. I'm not sure what else people want from him.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Ummm yeah the obvious reason is because you started a thread about him and how awful he has been. Seems like you would be the logical person to call out. ???? Not sure who is all jumping on the bandwagon but just giving credit where credit is due is something a man would do, and throughout a history of injuries he has more than exceeded expectations this postseason.

Love how you go to the insults which just further shows your lack of inability to argue your point of view on the issue... (and perhaps jealousy of no invite to the circle jerk?????)

Your lack of proper english kinda hindered your point on the last sentence. Arguing gayness is just irresponsible and immature young man and you of all people should know that becasue im sure you have been questioned many a time on that issue. Thats was an adorable try though.
How do you give credit to a guy who averages 8 minutes a game in the playoffs and is a -2?

Something a man would do? Really? If we are talking about giving credit, start giving credit to guys like Briere or even Scott Hartnell for finally doing something. Not a 3rd pairing Dman who is barely on the ice during the playoffs.

Hell give credit for Krajicek for having to play with such a **** up on his pair.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
No kidding. It's a shame that some people are clueless when it comes to defencemen and the time it takes most of them to mature. Parent has had a ton of injuries which have slowed his progress.

If I recall correctly this same poster went on a similar rant about Richards earlier this season, way over the top and full of venom. Must be nice to be perfect!
Everyone was on Richards case when we went through the slump, it wasn't just me. Not gonna bother to look it up.

And I know defensemen take a while to mature. Dmen usually start to peak at around 26 or 27 and usually runs through their mid 30's. And I know Parent has had a ton of injuries. But I never liked his game from the beginning. Always thought he was a bit overrated, but thats just me.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Hubey1327

Quote:
How do you give credit to a guy who averages 8 minutes a game in the playoffs and is a -2?

Something a man would do? Really? If we are talking about giving credit, start giving credit to guys like Briere or even Scott Hartnell for finally doing something.
Not a 3rd pairing Dman who is barely on the ice during the playoffs.

Hell give credit for Krajicek for having to play with such a **** up on his pair.
Why should he get more minutes lol did you see how great our top 4 is playing? Do you watch hockey? You give even more credit to him because he comes out for those 8 minutes and does nothing but play solid and if you cant see that then its quite obvious your unable to properly evaluate hockey or hold a worthwhile argument.

To the bold... ok? I dont remember saying they are awful lol its a parent thread, hence only the parent talk...

You do realize your basically alone on your argument right? Rofl. Keep trying sweetheart lol.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:01 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Everyone was on Richards case when we went through the slump, it wasn't just me. Not gonna bother to look it up.

And I know defensemen take a while to mature. Dmen usually start to peak at around 26 or 27 and usually runs through their mid 30's. And I know Parent has had a ton of injuries. But I never liked his game from the beginning. Always thought he was a bit overrated, but thats just me.
He's 23 freaking years old! You just stated they peak around 26 or 27 yet here he is years younger and you have "I suck" written across his face for your avatar.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Why should he get more minutes lol did you see how great our top 4 is playing? Do you watch hockey? You give even more credit to him because he comes out for those 8 minutes and does nothing but play solid and if you cant see that then its quite obvious your unable to properly evaluate hockey or hold a worthwhile argument.

To the bold... ok? I dont remember saying they are awful lol its a parent thread, hence only the parent talk...

You do realize your basically alone on your argument right? Rofl. Keep trying sweetheart lol.
Solid defensively, yes.

Offensively he is HORRIFIC which leads to a turnovers and scoring chances.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Hubey1327

Quote:
He's 23 freaking years old! You just stated they peak around 26 or 27 yet here he is years younger and you have "I suck" written across his face for your avatar.
LOL your move pokemon rocket

Old
05-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Solid defensively, yes.

Offensively he is HORRIFIC which leads to a turnovers and scoring chances.
Your saying the defenseman is solid defensively but then you say he sucks? I mean personally Im not judging based on goals and assists for a 3rd pairing 23 year old defenseman who is suppose to be a defensive defensman

Old
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
But at 23 he is showing no signs of progress. Defensively he is doing fine for the time he is put on the ice, but offensively he is a severe liability. You would think that there would be some sort of hope for him, but right now there is nothing. He is very shaky, and he did have a somewhat a good set of offensive skills in juniors when he was ranked as high as he was, but that sorta went somewhere downt he drain.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Your saying the defenseman is solid defensively but then you say he sucks? I mean personally Im not judging based on goals and assists for a 3rd pairing 23 year old defenseman who is suppose to be a defensive defensman
Well, im not expecting him to put up Green like numbers, but even being on the 3rd pairing, you need to be able to handle the puck and move it out of the zone.

Instead he keeps it inside and turns it over, which grinds most of our gears.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Well, im not expecting him to put up Green like numbers, but even being on the 3rd pairing, you need to be able to handle the puck and move it out of the zone.

Instead he keeps it inside and turns it over, which grinds most of our gears.
What I don't get isn't the fact that you think he sucks. That's whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't understand where they joy comes from in making the point at every opportunity. That avatar is straight Negadelphia antics right now. The man is up 2-0 in the conference finals and he is doing what is being asked of him.

Why wouldn't you embrace him as a Flyer, and root for him to improve, and meanwhile succeed in his role in spite of his limitations. Why constantly bring up his suckage.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
But Parent is also at an age where it's expected he'll be capable of doing SOMETHING. I take a look at some of the defensemen who were chosen after Parent - guys like Cody Franson, Kris Russell, Kris Letang, Matt Niskanen, Marc Edouard Vlasic, Keith Yandle, Niklas Hjalmarsson - they've also shown that they're going to be good defensemen in the league. Parent was considered at one point one of the best defensive prospects and he's done nothing. 23 years old or not, at least these guys have shown signs of life and in some cases, have already established themselves. Parent has shown nothing but being an injury prone, mediocre third pairing defenseman. I don't care what anyone says, that's extremely disappointing for a guy with his pedigree. It's almost to the point where Parent can be considered a bust.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
What I don't get isn't the fact that you think he sucks. That's whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I don't understand where they joy comes from in making the point at every opportunity. That avatar is straight Negadelphia antics right now. The man is up 2-0 in the conference finals and he is doing what is being asked of him.

Why wouldn't you embrace him as a Flyer, and root for him to improve, and meanwhile succeed in his role in spite of his limitations. Why constantly bring up his suckage.
I hope he improves. Im not saying that I dont want him to. If he can become the best 3rd pairing Dman in the leauge I am all for it. I put that avatar up after he blew the game against NJ, and since we have done fairly well. So its kinda a superstition for now. Was going to change it to the Fan Reaction guy with Laperriere, but right now, I think it has done pretty good, so if its not broke, why fix it?

And to be fair, in my original post in this thread, I said nothing about how much he sucked. All I said was that I hate him and I hope he is traded for to VAN for a top prospect goalie which we could use a few of.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:23 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
But Parent is also at an age where it's expected he'll be capable of doing SOMETHING. I take a look at some of the defensemen who were chosen after Parent - guys like Cody Franson, Kris Russell, Kris Letang, Matt Niskanen, Marc Edouard Vlasic, Keith Yandle, Niklas Hjalmarsson - they've also shown that they're going to be good defensemen in the league. Parent was considered at one point one of the best defensive prospects and he's done nothing. 23 years old or not, at least these guys have shown signs of life and in some cases, have already established themselves. Parent has shown nothing but being an injury prone, mediocre third pairing defenseman. I don't care what anyone says, that's extremely disappointing for a guy with his pedigree. It's almost to the point where Parent can be considered a bust.
At least SOMEONE gets it.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
But at 23 he is showing no signs of progress. Defensively he is doing fine for the time he is put on the ice, but offensively he is a severe liability. You would think that there would be some sort of hope for him, but right now there is nothing. He is very shaky, and he did have a somewhat a good set of offensive skills in juniors when he was ranked as high as he was, but that sorta went somewhere downt he drain.
Hard to make progress when you cant play a full season due ot constant injuries...

Quote:
Even though you ignored my last point about games played in the league

How many games has Parent played compared to those guys....For the most part, other than his first pro season he has been on the NHL roster....when healthy.

If you want to consider him a bust due to being injury prone you have an argument, otherwise you cant consider a 23 yr old dman with only 102 games a bust

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I hope he improves. Im not saying that I dont want him to. If he can become the best 3rd pairing Dman in the leauge I am all for it. I put that avatar up after he blew the game against NJ, and since we have done fairly well. So its kinda a superstition for now. Was going to change it to the Fan Reaction guy with Laperriere, but right now, I think it has done pretty good, so if its not broke, why fix it?

And to be fair, in my original post in this thread, I said nothing about how much he sucked. All I said was that I hate him and I hope he is traded for to VAN for a top prospect goalie which we could use a few of.
The point remains the same man. You came into a Ryan Parent appreciation thread to say this stuff. That's going out of your way to get your hate on. It's whatever, you're definitely entitled to do that and I don't want to stay on your case and keep talking about it. I just don't get why one would want to right now. There's lots to be happy about with this team.

Quote:
At least SOMEONE gets it.
If I promised you a suitcase full of hundreds, and instead only gave you twenty bucks.....you would be disappointed. But getting twenty bucks doesn't exactly suck. Parent isn't what people thought he might be, fine. It would be constructive to get over that and evaluate him outside of the context of your own expectations.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Hard to make progress when you cant play a full season due ot constant injuries...

Even though you ignored my last point about games played in the league

How many games has Parent played compared to those guys....For the most part, other than his first pro season he has been on the NHL roster....when healthy.

If you want to consider him a bust due to being injury prone you have an argument, otherwise you cant consider a 23 yr old dman with only 102 games a bust
Sure you can. Do you remember Gord Kluzak of the Boston Bruins? He was a bust due to injuries.

Hey, I'm willing to give Parent a break, but at some point, you've got to deliver the goods. And if he's injury prone, do you not think he might see another trainer or something that can help him prevent some of the injuries he's suffered? I understand that injuries happen and that's life, but at the same time, how well is he really looking after himself to avoid the injury bug? I've questioned whether or not he's in good enough shape to withstand the pro game and it's looking more and more like he's not in good enough shape to withstand the rigors. And as a professional, that's his responsibility to ensure he's ready and prepared.

I look at it like this. I'm going back to work at a major financial institution in September and I'm going back to the I.T. department. I've been told to ensure that I've got my A+, Network+, Linux, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Microsoft Active Directory 2008, and Blackberry certifications. If I don't, I don't have a job. Same thing applies to Parent. If he's not ready and not in shape to withstand the rigors of a season, then he shouldn't have a job. And if you look at his injuries he's suffered, with the exception of the back, every injury he's had has been conditioning related.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

In shape =/= impervious to injury. He aggravated an old back injury, that's not indicative of a lack of preparation to me. Matter of fact if you look at the pictures from the team's boat trip early in the year, he's one of the few guys that actually looks like he could be a professional athlete. Richie, Hartnell....not so much.

Old
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Sure you can. Do you remember Gord Kluzak of the Boston Bruins? He was a bust due to injuries.

Hey, I'm willing to give Parent a break, but at some point, you've got to deliver the goods. And if he's injury prone, do you not think he might see another trainer or something that can help him prevent some of the injuries he's suffered? I understand that injuries happen and that's life, but at the same time, how well is he really looking after himself to avoid the injury bug? I've questioned whether or not he's in good enough shape to withstand the pro game and it's looking more and more like he's not in good enough shape to withstand the rigors. And as a professional, that's his responsibility to ensure he's ready and prepared.

I look at it like this. I'm going back to work at a major financial institution in September and I'm going back to the I.T. department. I've been told to ensure that I've got my A+, Network+, Linux, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Microsoft Active Directory 2008, and Blackberry certifications. If I don't, I don't have a job. Same thing applies to Parent. If he's not ready and not in shape to withstand the rigors of a season, then he shouldn't have a job. And if you look at his injuries he's suffered, with the exception of the back, every injury he's had has been conditioning related.
Oh, I agree that it is his responsibility to condition himself, absolutely. However, sometimes guys are just unfortnately injury prone regardless of the shape they are in.

The point is, I dont see the problems with Parent being his ability...He has his turnovers obviously (so does Carle) but there are many times where I see him stand up at the blue line, or keep the guy outside and "try" to take him out against the boards.....He jus gets constantly outmuscled

Like I said, a bust cause of injuries, maybe....But the guy can play defense, he just needs to get himself in shape and actually play for a period of time and he will develop.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:28 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Marshall, I am sure, will be just as physical since thats the way he plays, and will be able to bring some sort of an offensive game that Parent lacks, terribly.
He was never marketed as an offensive defense man... he is a stay at home defense man, a shutdown defense man.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:34 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
This is a Ryan Parent appreciation thread. There shouldn't be any hating or debating him. Come on people, the internet has rules! This is not 'Nam.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
MsWoof

I just hate that "I suck" avatar. Everyone else is having fun with the avatars except for one person who has a serious hate on for a 23 year old.