HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes sign Michal Jordan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
  #1
Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 200
Canes sign Michal Jordan

LINK

way too epic for this not to have it's own thread

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
  #2
UnPLEASED Anton
Registered User
 
UnPLEASED Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Note the number he is wearing in the pic as well.

Bring this kid up for a month as a 7th dman and reap the jersey sales...

Of course, if we did this, the Eye would not sell the jersey because they hate making money

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
  #3
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait
 
imayagainknowanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
I love czech defenseman!

Tomas and Frank, Zidlicky, Polak, Hejda...

Let's hope he's next Zidlicky .

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
  #4
Cardiac_Canes
Registered User
 
Cardiac_Canes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,610
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
I love czech defenseman!

Tomas and Frank, Zidlicky, Polak, Hejda...

Let's hope he's next Zidlicky .
Jordan will never match the offensive output of Zidlicky. He plays a completely different game than him.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
  #5
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait
 
imayagainknowanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Jordan will never match the offensive output of Zidlicky. He plays a completely different game than him.
Compare him to NHL player, please, if you can.

thanks .

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
  #6
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END
 
WhiteTrashAmerican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Jordan will never match the offensive output of Zidlicky. He plays a completely different game than him.
You still score a lot in basketball though BEATEN TO THE PUNCH FUUUUUUUUUU

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:32 AM
  #7
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 31,796
vCash: 500
First the Bobcats... now the Hurricanes... this man owns all

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
  #8
Wolfpuck
5/5 Compete Level
 
Wolfpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Staaleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Michal Jordan, Michael Jordan's less gifted, hockey-playing, unrelated non-acquaintance.

Wolfpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 07:04 PM
  #9
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaberlay View Post
Note the number he is wearing in the pic as well.
That is just awesome.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
  #10
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I wouldn't be sure that Jordan couldn't potentially be an offensive force in the NHL. His goal scoring ability from the back end is also pretty impressive. His defense, however, has been considered downright horrible at times.

This is certainly a move for grooming him into a role in the coming years. I would imagine that he may even see some ECHL time next season if he doesn't start out hot.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 11:29 PM
  #11
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!
 
Sasha Cares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Island of Misfit Toy
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Is he going to wear 23 in Charlotte... I'd make him if I were the Checkers... Sell some 23 Jordan jerseys

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 05:20 AM
  #12
ChuckW
We'll be back.
 
ChuckW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Awwright...Michal Jordan!

Let's hope he doesn't decide to play baseball instead of reporting for hockey...


Last edited by ChuckW: 05-20-2010 at 05:31 AM.
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 06:39 AM
  #13
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!
 
Sasha Cares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Island of Misfit Toy
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
Awwright...Michal Jordan!

Let's hope he doesn't decide to play baseball instead of reporting for hockey...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 06:52 AM
  #14
Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Is he going to wear 23 in Charlotte... I'd make him if I were the Checkers... Sell some 23 Jordan jerseys
I'm planning to get a Checkers jersey by the end of the year, that one would be a popular choice for sure.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:17 PM
  #15
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?
 
NobodysFaulkButMine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, CAN
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I wouldn't be sure that Jordan couldn't potentially be an offensive force in the NHL. His goal scoring ability from the back end is also pretty impressive. His defense, however, has been considered downright horrible at times.

This is certainly a move for grooming him into a role in the coming years. I would imagine that he may even see some ECHL time next season if he doesn't start out hot.
I agree that the potential is there, but from what I seen of Plymouth this year, whether it be live or on TV, it looks like he took a step back this year. His confidence with the puck took a dive, his first pass seemed sloppy and forced at times, and he often panicked when quarterbacking the play. That's not even to start on his defensive game. Hopefully, he can rebound this upcoming season, and simplify his game. At times it looked like he was flustered from trying to do too much. But, a prospect isn't defined by one season, so I guess we'll wait and see.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM
  #16
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
A 3rd sport for Jordan? Come on man, stick to being a retired basketball player!

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 03:20 PM
  #17
ChuckW
We'll be back.
 
ChuckW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommallionta View Post
A 3rd sport for Jordan? Come on man, stick to being a retired basketball player!


There will be lots of fun with his name.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
  #18
totalkev
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 500
If Charlotte does this right, they could set some records.

Player number suggestions:

Jordan 23
Staal 12
Lawson 5 (Ty, right?)
Harrison 88 (football's Marvin?)
Morneau 33 (baseball's Justin)
Murphy 3 (baseball's Dale?) or 55 (hockey's Larry?)
Terry 26 (Chelsea's John)
Ryan 34 (Nolan?)
Rodney (he could go by B-Rod and wear No. 13? no?)
Dodge F150
Krueger (drawing a blank here, somebody help me with a "Nightmare on Elm Street" reference - would have been so much better if Freddy Krueger was in Friday the 13th - maybe "5" for the number of "Elm Street" movies? weak.)
Gotta be something for Kennedy, maybe '63?


Last edited by totalkev: 05-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
  #19
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Compare him to NHL player, please, if you can.

thanks .
He'll be the Michael Jordan of hockey.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
  #20
Denzil
NOLU
 
Denzil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
If Charlotte does this right, they could set some records.

Player number suggestions:

Jordan 23
Staal 12
Lawson 5 (Ty, right?)
Harrison 88 (football's Marvin?)
Morneau 33 (baseball's Justin)
Murphy 3 (baseball's Dale?) or 55 (hockey's Larry?)
Terry 26 (Chelsea's John)
Ryan 34 (Nolan?)
Rodney (he could go by B-Rod and wear No. 13? no?)
Dodge F150
Krueger (drawing a blank here, somebody help me with a "Nightmare on Elm Street" reference - would have been so much better if Freddy Krueger was in Friday the 13th - maybe "5" for the number of "Elm Street" movies? weak.)
Gotta be something for Kennedy, maybe '63?
The wife already calls him that

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.