HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens Fan Here in Peace

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
MikeHooligan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MikeHooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
Yeah..not like the Flyers have never played the Habs in a playoff series.

'08 wasn't that long ago was it? But then again...I guess they only won Game 1 that series, and the rest was all Flyers so we didn't have to hear it. Pens just couldn't shut them up with handing them losses.
i think the cockyness and all from the habs fans might be a little (A LOT) worse this year because of what they did to two of the best teams in the league. that said i just hope we keep demoralizing them.

Old
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
sectachrome

A Pens fan from Pittsburgh installed a ceiling fan in my room adorned with Flyers regalia today. Expecting it to fall down and kill me at any moment

Old
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Flyers93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHooligan View Post
i think the cockyness and all from the habs fans might be a little (A LOT) worse this year because of what they did to two of the best teams in the league. that said i just hope we keep demoralizing them.
I can agree with that, but remember in '08, the Habs had a great reg. season (100+ points, won the Eastern Conference standings) and just came off beating their most hated rivalry the round before. (1st round vs Bruins)

Old
05-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Quote:
In my case, it's not that I don't take the rivalry seriously, or that I'm jumping a bandwagon (because hey, I don't really have any particular like for any of the 4 remaining teams), I just don't have it in me to wish personal ill or have an impulse towards violence toward someone else just because they root for a team that hates mine (and I'm not saying that all other fanbases do, just that I as a single person do not).
Never said I wished violence or injury upon Penguins fans. Doesn't mean I have to like you or your team.

My beef isn't even with the fact that they're cheering for us. So be it, they want us to beat the team that knocked them out. Fine. I can live with that.

Just save the asskissing and the phony "come in peace" threads. People who make these threads seem like they want the kind of reaction that I'm giving them, so that they have an excuse to call our fans "classless." Look what the OP said to Chumpy, and I'm pretty sure Chumpy's inital reply was in jest. No, it's not classless. It's a rivalry, and this is how it works. To me, these kinds of threads come across as really condescending on purpose, in order to elicit this kind of reaction, and that irritates me, especially when it happens on my own team's forum. Seriously, I almost wish people would say what they really think (I hate your team, but I'm pissed that my team lost to the Habs, so I want you guys to beat them) instead of posting these condescending "coming in peace" threads. If you want a reason to troll, at least get to the point.

Also, you're nuts if you think the Detroit/Philadelphia hate comes even close to the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia rivalry. Either that, or you're a Flyers fan that doesn't live in Philadelphia. I'd take any team over Pittsburgh and I'm willing to bet that most Flyers fans would say the same thing.

I can't be alone here. Have times changed? Are we really not supposed to hate Pittsburgh more than anything else anymore? No matter what, I'm not buying it. I laughed when the Pens crashed and burned, and I'll laugh even harder when we take out the team that did the honors.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:21 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronger is a robot View Post
Never said I wished violence or injury upon Penguins fans. Doesn't mean I have to like you or your team.

My beef isn't even with the fact that they're cheering for us. So be it, they want us to beat the team that knocked them out. Fine. I can live with that.

Just save the asskissing and the phony "come in peace" threads. People who make these threads seem like they want the kind of reaction that I'm giving them, so that they have an excuse to call our fans "classless." Look what the OP said to Chumpy, and I'm pretty sure Chumpy's inital reply was in jest. No, it's not classless. It's a rivalry, and this is how it works. To me, these kinds of threads come across as really condescending on purpose, in order to elicit this kind of reaction, and that irritates me, especially when it happens on my own team's forum. Seriously, I almost wish people would say what they really think (I hate your team, but I'm pissed that my team lost to the Habs, so I want you guys to beat them) instead of posting these condescending "coming in peace" threads. If you want a reason to troll, at least get to the point.

Also, you're nuts if you think the Detroit/Philadelphia hate comes even close to the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia rivalry. Either that, or you're a Flyers fan that doesn't live in Philadelphia. I'd take any team over Pittsburgh and I'm willing to bet that most Flyers fans would say the same thing.

I can't be alone here. Have times changed? Are we really not supposed to hate Pittsburgh more than anything else anymore? No matter what, I'm not buying it. I laughed when the Pens crashed and burned, and I'll laugh even harder when we take out the team that did the honors.
Oh, I'm from Philadelphia, and believe me, I hate the Pens more than anyone else. But, I'm only 23, and it's only in the last few years (since the arrival of Crosby) that I've actually had reason to hate the Penguins. Before now, the Devils were the most despised thing on this earth for me, and after '97 the Red Wings weren't far after that.

I'm not saying you're not supposed to hate Pitts or that that's not our strongest rivalry; I'm just saying that it seems disingenuous for you to say it's okay to hate the enemy of your enemy, but Pens' fans can't do it. These rivalries aren't necessarily exclusive...I mean, for as long as I've hated the Devils - and a lot of Devils fans I know hate us - they still hate the Rangers more. I'd never, EVER root for the Penguins, but I'm just saying that I can understand why they'd want us to knock the Habs out since the Habs beat them.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:29 PM
You Me and Dupuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHooligan View Post
This is what I was trying to get at. The fact that they beat the Capitals, who dominated the regular season, and the Pens only adds to their obnoxious behavior.

By the way, that shutout streak Leighton has is pretty ****ing impressive.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:30 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
I don't have a problem with the Pens fans coming here.

Everyone has their opinion. Thanks for the support pens fans.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Oh, I'm from Philadelphia, and believe me, I hate the Pens more than anyone else. But, I'm only 23, and it's only in the last few years (since the arrival of Crosby) that I've actually had reason to hate the Penguins. Before now, the Devils were the most despised thing on this earth for me, and after '97 the Red Wings weren't far after that.

I'm not saying you're not supposed to hate Pitts or that that's not our strongest rivalry; I'm just saying that it seems disingenuous for you to say it's okay to hate the enemy of your enemy, but Pens' fans can't do it. These rivalries aren't necessarily exclusive...I mean, for as long as I've hated the Devils - and a lot of Devils fans I know hate us - they still hate the Rangers more. I'd never, EVER root for the Penguins, but I'm just saying that I can understand why they'd want us to knock the Habs out since the Habs beat them.
I think we're saying the same thing. I don't care that they want us to beat the team that beat them -- that's fine. I just want them to be honest about their reasons. They don't have to blow smoke up our ***** about how great the Flyers are or how much they love our style or what Flyer they like best or whatever. I hate the asskissery more than anything else. They don't have to like us to want us to do their dirty work for them, so I don't want them to pretend that they do.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:25 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronger is a robot View Post
I think we're saying the same thing. I don't care that they want us to beat the team that beat them -- that's fine. I just want them to be honest about their reasons. They don't have to blow smoke up our ***** about how great the Flyers are or how much they love our style or what Flyer they like best or whatever. I hate the asskissery more than anything else. They don't have to like us to want us to do their dirty work for them, so I don't want them to pretend that they do.
I dunno. I mean, I get what you're saying, but I think there's a point where I can accept that people are a fan of the game first and foremost, and now that their team is out, they can admit that they enjoy watching the Flyers play and have been won over by them. I mean, look what the Flyers have done in the last couple of weeks. It's never been seen in a lot of fans' lifetime.

They might not just want us to take out the team that beat them...some of them might just be allowing our team to win them over for the remainder of this playoffs because they've done some incredible things. It goes back to normal next year, but for now, I'll accept their respect and admiration. I won't accept them as a fellow fan of our team, but I have no problem with them admitting that they legitimately like what our guys are doing.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
The title is one letter "i" away from being about IrishSniper...

Old
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The title is one letter "i" away from being about IrishSniper...
A+. Well played. (Irish, I don't know you at all, so I'm not supporting that comment with regard to you, it was well done regardless of who its victim is).

Old
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
ShortBus

I don't have a problem with the pens fans either. I have a good friend at work that is a pens fan (Johnstown native). I still think that there are good fans and bad fans for each team, and you have to judge each person accordingly.

I'm starting to get the impression that he wants us to go the full distance, but he hasn't said so yet.

Old
05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
agrudez*

**** the Pens and their crybaby captain, their dirty *** and uninterested commie assistant captains, their headhunting ****tard, their ***** nicknamed goalie and most of all their bandwagon jumping, California-lite fans.

Kansas City.

Enough said.

Old
05-20-2010, 10:36 AM
macros73

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
**** the Pens and their crybaby captain, their dirty *** and uninterested commie assistant captains, their headhunting ****tard, their ***** nicknamed goalie and most of all their bandwagon jumping, California-lite fans.

Kansas City.

Enough said.
We already got ****'d by Montreal continually jamming their sticks between the Pens legs. Now if you're just going to be mean, I can be mean too.

Go Flyers, congratulations on your pending SWEEP of Montreal!

Old
05-20-2010, 11:02 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macros73 View Post
We already got ****'d by Montreal continually jamming their sticks between the Pens legs. Now if you're just going to be mean, I can be mean too.

Go Flyers, congratulations on your pending SWEEP of Montreal!
What, are you going to tell us that Flyer's fans are big meanies and everything else the national media throws at us? I would love to hear you be mean, but that would probably require you to do alot of research because if you are a Penguins fan you have a 95% chance of not knowing **** about hockey from before 14 months ago.

Even if I was a Penguins fan I would imagine that I would be ashamed of my team's fanbase and current roster. I think I would just sit in my condo with the lights turned off watching old games of Mario Lemieux trying to convince myself that it was still the late 80's or early 90's and I was watching a team that was worth my respect and admiration and not the abhoration that I would have to be currently rooting for, along with the other 8000 people that probably don't even know Mario's name because they just became "fans" yesterday after they came in peace to the Flyer's board to wish us good luck against the Canadiens...

Old
05-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Deadbolt401

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

Kansas City.

Enough said.
Heh, I came here to post good luck to the Flyers, and hopefully you continue beating the hell out of Montreal. But I just HAD to grom through 3 pages first.

And I come across this gem, thank you kindly sewerbeast, for reminding me why our fanbases hate eachother.

(Posts picture of Crosby with the cup)

No, but suprsrsly, even though we hate eachother, PA is my home. Good luck.

Old
05-20-2010, 12:25 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt401 View Post
Heh, I came here to post good luck to the Flyers, and hopefully you continue beating the hell out of Montreal. But I just HAD to grom through 3 pages first.

And I come across this gem, thank you kindly sewerbeast, for reminding me why our fanbases hate eachother.

(Posts picture of Crosby with the cup)

No, but suprsrsly, even though we hate eachother, PA is my home. Good luck.
(Posts picture of Crosby's blatant dive against the Canadiens past round)

At some point you just have to feel dirty about certain things, don't you?

Even if the Flyers don't win it all we have a team to be proud of. We can post pictures of Richards barely flinching from a Savard cross check to the face, while you enjoy your photo ops of Staal and Crosby literally crying on the bench.

I guess in a way it is appropriate because your team mirrors your fanbase, a bunch of limp dicked *******s that come to other team's forums in peace. You both started supporting the Penguins at the same time, too, 2 years ago, how ironic.

Old
05-20-2010, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Me either... this has to be a trap...
I agree

EDIT: I dont know what to think of Pens fans coming here congratulating us honestly. it feels freakin wierd to be honest. I couldnt see myself doing it to be honest if the tables were turned. i still be pissed off to even talk about it.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Deadbolt401

Meh, I'm an adult. I know there's some folks on here who are adults as well.

Just a good luck wish from someone who enjoys hockey, and has a few favorite teams.

Keep on keepin on Grudes

Old
05-20-2010, 01:44 PM
agrudez*

Quote:

This sewerbeast respects your immense maturity!

Quote:

Just a good luck wish from someone who has a few favorite teams.
I bet they alternate every few years in importance to you, based on, you know, how good they are.

Quote:

Keep on keepin on Grudes
I shall.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

Just a good luck wish from someone who enjoys hockey, and has a few favorite teams.

Keep on keepin on Grudes
Oh I agree. But I think things might have been different even more so on both sides if we had played earlier in the playoffs. I dont think some of these comments would be as cordial from either side IMO
You have fans on both sides whos hatred is so bitter and so deep they dont like talking to each other on the boards.
So long as the talk isnt troll like or mean spirited I dont mind talking about the series. Which is part of the reason no matter how well or bad my team is doing I post very little on the main SC playoff board. Too much nonsense over there.

Old
05-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
My goodness, this thread turned into a little bit of a **** storm, didn't it?

For those Pens fans who are coming on here and wishing us luck, thank you. Gotta take huge balls to do so on the board of one of your most hated rivals. That said, I wouldn't be so inclined to go to the Pens' board to congratulate them or wish them luck in anything. I'm one of the ones who cheers for the enemy of my enemy, but I can appreciate the kind words.

Old
05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post

For those Pens fans who are coming on here and wishing us luck, thank you. Gotta take huge balls to do so on the board of one of your most hated rivals. That said, I wouldn't be so inclined to go to the Pens' board to congratulate them or wish them luck in anything. I'm one of the ones who cheers for the enemy of my enemy, but I can appreciate the kind words.
Ditto.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Deadbolt401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post

Yeah, I'm a Pens fan first and formost, but I do like The CBJ's and, when not playing the Pens, the Flyers are an alright team. I recently watched that "Broad Street Bullies" documentary or whatever it was, and couldn't help but enjoy it.

The Flyers are a team with a rich and storied history, much like the Pens.

We can both agree to hate the Crapitolz no?

Old
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Yeah, I'm a Pens fan first and formost, but I do like The CBJ's and, when not playing the Pens, the Flyers are an alright team. I recently watched that "Broad Street Bullies" documentary or whatever it was, and couldn't help but enjoy it.

The Flyers are a team with a rich and storied history, much like the Pens.

We can both agree to hate the Crapitolz no?
IrishSniper has condoms in his wallet that are older than the Pens rich and storied history...

Closed Thread