HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2010 Draft

Old
05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
that is what free agency is for. And Carle's success is a direct result of playing with Pronger. Take a guy out of free agency that is similar to Carle and VHOLA!!! You have the second coming of Matt Carle, for possibly cheaper.
It's spelled voila. C'est important que tu comprends bien le francais!

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
...please tell me you're being sarcastic.....lol
I think he was supporting your argument by stating that Jeff Finger made 3.5M in free agency and Matt Carle >>> Jeff Finger.

Seriously, who do you people think IS worth 3.5M as a defenseman? You act like its a ridiculous amount of money and a 0.4375 PPG (0.6245 in the playoffs, fyi) defenseman who plays MUCH better defense than you give him credit for isn't worth it

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 10:38 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

The list of free agent defensemen this year is kind of underwhelming. I'd love to see the Flyers find a way to bring Kim Johnsson back. There's no way he'll make 5.3 million dollars again. I also wouldn't mind Pavel Kubina coming in either. Good luck fitting either one in under the cap though. Here's a list of the UFAs, so there might be a few bargain bin players the Flyers could go after.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-n...ition/#Defense

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Between us 3, that would certainly be a good way to start that Prospect Podcast we were talking about.
if you guys do this i promise to plug the snot out of it. itd be nice to see some well informed people out there talking about the flyers

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:44 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
if you guys do this i promise to plug the snot out of it. itd be nice to see some well informed people out there talking about the flyers
Well it is good to know we have at least one supporter already. BTW, not sure if I should be saying this or not, I have spoken to some of the top prospects in the draft and asked if they wouldnt mind being interviewed for 10-15 minutes by us, and I currently have a long list of guys which include:

Alex Petrovic
Jared Knight
Nick Bjugstad
Jon Merrill
Kevin Lind
Jarred Tinordi
Riley Sheahan
Brock Beukeboom
Alexander Burmistrov
Bobby Butler
Casey Thrush

Not a terrible list I would say.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:45 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The list of free agent defensemen this year is kind of underwhelming. I'd love to see the Flyers find a way to bring Kim Johnsson back. There's no way he'll make 5.3 million dollars again. I also wouldn't mind Pavel Kubina coming in either. Good luck fitting either one in under the cap though. Here's a list of the UFAs, so there might be a few bargain bin players the Flyers could go after.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-n...ition/#Defense
I would like to see if we could get Martin to be honest, the guy is a workhorse.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
OMFG I wish we didn't trade those picks and Luca Sbisa and Joffrey Lupul...we would be in SO MUCH better shape right now than we are. Fire Homer and move the team to Winnipeg!

...sarcastic...

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
OMFG I wish we didn't trade those picks and Luca Sbisa and Joffrey Lupul...we would be in SO MUCH better shape right now than we are. Fire Homer and move the team to Winnipeg!

...sarcastic...
Agreed.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Trading Carle and hoping you could replace him in FA or trade would not be a wise idea. Say you trade Carle. Do teams take him for a draft pick straight up? I doubt it, you would have to take on salary. then there is the case of replacing him with a top 4 defenseman at free agency. A defenseman who would cost you more then Carle is making now.
Unless its for a UFA's draft rights which is still a major risk I cant see the Flyers pulling it off. Would Nashville do a Carle for Hamhuis rights late in June?
I really dont want to think about all that right now, when the season is over, whenever it is I will worry about it. Now, I am enjoying the ride.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well it is good to know we have at least one supporter already. BTW, not sure if I should be saying this or not, I have spoken to some of the top prospects in the draft and asked if they wouldnt mind being interviewed for 10-15 minutes by us, and I currently have a long list of guys which include:

Alex Petrovic
Jared Knight
Nick Bjugstad
Jon Merrill
Kevin Lind
Jarred Tinordi
Riley Sheahan
Brock Beukeboom
Alexander Burmistrov
Bobby Butler
Casey Thrush

Not a terrible list I would say.
man I really wish we could have signed Bobby Butler. one of my faves from UNH.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote