HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Game 2 | 5-18-2010 | 9:00 VS/TSN/RDS | Chicago Blackhawks @ San Jose Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
I'm sorry and I could be completely wrong but I do not recall you posting in the Hawks' forum too much during the regular season.

Anyone is welcome to root for the Hawks.
You are wrong ,, Crazy has been on these boards since before I came around

He comes from the old guard of HF Hawks fans ,,, (Guys like Teemu , Stuy , others) who posted here when there was only a handful of Hawks fans on HF

Old
05-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Quicktimer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

He comes from the old guard of HF Hawks fans ,,, (Guys like Teemu , Stuy , others) who posted here when there was only a handful of Hawks fans on HF
It's still a small fan base on this forum (only forum I have a user name). Although it has been growing as of late.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPanther View Post
Oh, OK so I see, it's not ok to support the Hawks. Rather rude I must say. I've always liked the Hawks but I guess I've struck a nerve with a particularily rude Hawks fans.
Yes, you have. I despise you "well the Hawks are my SECOND favorite team!" pelicans. You're certainly not the first. Plenty of people out there who want to jump on the Hawks bandwagon now that they are good.

Quote:
Unbelievable. Sorry to be supporting your team then. I guess I'll take it back.
Good. Saves me having to bust out the floormat picture to describe your favorite team again. At least this time there was no "let's be playoff buddies!" from Senators fans, that literally made me ill.

Quote:
I see your Canadian too, aren't you a bandwagoner then?
How does that follow? Are only Americans allowed to hope for the Hawks?

When I joined this board the Hawks top line was (or had been before the lockout at least) Arnason, Bell, and Calder - three players who a few years later would not even be in the NHL. We were also infested with a crapload of gutless and heartless Russian pukes because our GM years before was terminally insane. You think THAT was a team to climb on the bandwagon for? Not that that was when I started rooting for the Hawks, but it was certainly the earliest I could have on these boards. (Technically, for the record, I joined these boards because of the Business of Hockey board, which has unfortunately gone steeply downhill in recent years.)

Quote:
Mind boggling to say the least. Really, how old are you 5?
You mad? Bandwagoner.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
crimsonking

Quote:

Crazy has always been great around here on game nights. He is as dedicated as they come.

Old
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
Crazy has always been great around here on game nights. He is as dedicated as they come.
Why thank you!

And yes, nothing wrong with watching Hawks fans crinkle their way in here. Nothing wrong with being new to the boards, fresh perspectives and material is great. It's the "Hawks are my second team" or "Hawks are my western team" or the toads who don't really care about the Hawks but have a bunch in their playoff pool... those are the ones that grind my gears.

On the plus side, Beach should be GREAT for creating hate next year...

Old
05-19-2010, 09:00 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Then I'm wrong but what's with all the hate.

Old
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Ike's probably my favourite poster here.

Dude brings entertainment (and he's right 99% of the time)

Old
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
dokital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Why thank you!

And yes, nothing wrong with watching Hawks fans crinkle their way in here. Nothing wrong with being new to the boards, fresh perspectives and material is great. It's the "Hawks are my second team" or "Hawks are my western team" or the toads who don't really care about the Hawks but have a bunch in their playoff pool... those are the ones that grind my gears.
Seriously, who cares? If people have a 2nd team, or a western team, who cares? let them. It's just a post saying "I am cheering for this team! woo!" Get a grip.

Old
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Ike's probably my favourite poster here.

Dude brings entertainment (and he's right 99% of the time)
So that's how it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What the hell am I to you?

Old
05-20-2010, 12:38 AM
southerncross116

I think "Get a Grip" gets my vote -- so let's recap "post count" and join here" date = "old guard", do I got that right?

If so, I think I'll rephrase that to suit me reality --- "old guard" = "has a clue, knows hockey" -the rest of it isn't relevant. And yeah I might average under .3333 posts per day .... so frigging what? (I don't have a problem with any of those guys mentioned (I don't recall any of them posting that sort of stuff -so this is more about the attitude than anything personal) - but I mean really, is "Hawk fan" defined by how long you've been a member here (-hell I used to post on the Trib boards in 1998 under the name exiledinkc when there like maybe 5 or 10 regular post-ers - I'm sure it doesn't actually matter -but then again you know - "what is a hawk fan"? Isn't that the question??? )?

In fact -let's go a little further --- were you maybe aware that the entire current Blackhawk (in fact NHL) business model is based upon band-wagoners. Kindly, take it up with McDonough and Bettman...

Last edited by southerncross116: 05-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old
05-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

this is what I expect from him, too

Old
05-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokital View Post
Seriously, who cares? If people have a 2nd team, or a western team, who cares? let them.
No.

Quote:
It's just a post saying "I am cheering for this team! woo!"
I don't care who bandwagoners hope for, I'd prefer they stay away from mine.

Quote:
Get a grip.
Cry more IMO.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross116 View Post
I think "Get a Grip" gets my vote -- so let's recap "post count" and join here" date = "old guard", do I got that right?

If so, I think I'll rephrase that to suit me reality --- "old guard" = "has a clue, knows hockey" -the rest of it isn't relevant. And yeah I might average under .3333 posts per day .... so frigging what? (I don't have a problem with any of those guys mentioned (I don't recall any of them posting that sort of stuff -so this is more about the attitude than anything personal) - but I mean really, is "Hawk fan" defined by how long you've been a member here (-hell I used to post on the Trib boards in 1998 under the name exiledinkc when there like maybe 5 or 10 regular post-ers - I'm sure it doesn't actually matter -but then again you know - "what is a hawk fan"? Isn't that the question??? )?
A Hawk fan is NOT someone who comes in here after his own team gets its arse kicked and tries to start a love-up.

Nothing else you posted has anything to do with anything I said. I never judged anyone by their join date.

Old
05-20-2010, 01:46 AM
BlackHawkeye*

Ike is right, of course.

If he wasn't canadian, I'd probably like him.

Old
05-20-2010, 06:25 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
So that's how it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What the hell am I to you?

Aw now I'm sad too

brohug? (they lack a good emoticon so it was the high five or the pillow fight...I don't think the pillow fight sends the right message)

Old
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
helicon1

Quote:

A Cup would help too. The Hawks would go pretty quickly from a feel-good story everyone can bandwagon to hated with a few successful post-season runs. Add in Beach, Aliu and their special brand of crazy and we're golden. A bunch of "thugs" that also happen to be a really good team? I find it incredible the amount of hate Byfuglien has drawn in a few short playoff series. Beach and Aliu are on another level. They'd be more hated than the wings. And that would be awesome.

Old
05-20-2010, 10:25 AM
dokital

Quote:
No.

I don't care who bandwagoners hope for, I'd prefer they stay away from mine.

Cry more IMO.
Yawn...

Lucky for us, people like you don't set the rules. So instead of posting stuff that makes Hawks fans seem irritating and dumb, just keep it to yourself. It's not your team and you cannot decide who cheers for them.

Old
05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Personally I don't care too much about the people that are "I'm cheering for you guys, 2nd favourite team thing" but being on these boards for almost 4 years and supporting the Hawks since 91 I get pretty annoyed about the new fans that come around or people I see in my hometown with Hawks jersey's on that clearly did'nt give a crap or know anything about the Hawks history or troubles. If you're a 12 year old kid that's fine but it's the older dudes that bother me.

I even had a Canucks fan come after me and start accusing me of being a bandwagoner, till I set the record straight. He did'nt realize I was wearing a #30 Ed Belfour jersey till I turned around.

Old
05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Teemu

Alright, I let this one go on too long.

I dont care if you bandwagoners come over here. Everyone's gotta start *somwhere* as a fan, and as long as you're willing to learn about the team and discuss it in a realistic problem, then that's fine by me.

However, regardless of whether you're a new (or "rekindled") fan, or a longtime fan, or a fan from another team rooting for us, you are to treat each other with respect. Point out the flaws in others' posts, but don't go off calling names or making accusations.

Closed Thread