Notices

Corey Perry

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Sevren

vCash: 50
Corey Perry

So I'm watching the Canada vs Czech Republic in a game that means very little. Both teams are qualified for the next round but the loser gets to play Russia in quarter finals or something like that.

Canada is trailing 3-1 with about a minute and a half to go in the 3rd and the Canadian net is empty. Someone dumps the puck along the board into the Czech zone and Vokoun goes behind the net to stop the puck. Perry, going at full speed, takes a slash at Vokoun's stick and bumps into him. Vokoun goes down, the puck comes back in front of the net, and Matt Duchene scores in an empty net. The crowd starts booing because obviously Perry deserved a penalty but for some unknown reason the ref didn't call it.

Anyway, Canada pulls the goalie again and the players work hard to get the equalizer but can't get it. With barely a second left on the clock and with Canada having zero chance to tie the game, Perry runs a Czech defenseman hard into the board for no reason whatsoever. All players start pushing and punching each other and Perry and the Czech d-man fall on the ice with a ref on top of them.

Fast forward a minute or two later, everybody seems to have calmed down. The ref handling Perry and the Czech d-man gets up with both players, and as soon as Perry is on his skates he throws a wild sucker punch that misses at the Czech player. Both teams are sent off the ice and Canada is booed all the way to the locker room.

Thank you Corey Perry for making Canada look like a bunch of classless idiots.

I swear, if this guy plays for the Bs one day I'm going to do much more than just call the Bruins office.

Old
05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
I would rather have Corey Perry than the bunch of teddy bears we have.. at least he has spunk and will mix it up... instead of our guys when Savvy was laying on the ice standing around shrugging their shoulders

Perry shows emmotion and fire, I would LOVE... LOVE to have him here... 30 goals and 70 points plus over 100pims.... yes please

Old
05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Sounds like something Steve Begin should have been doing all year,maybe if he did that to Gagne when he came back game 4 we would still be playing hockey.

If the Ducks are pissed and wanna trade him,I'll gladly take Perry on the Bruins

Old
05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

I can't help but laugh.

Perry is a player you hate to play against, but I would take him on my team immediately.

Old
05-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Sevren

Really... I'm surprised by that. There are some players I'd hate to play against but I'd take in my team anytime. Byfuglien is one of them. But Perry? No way. He's a dirty player and he showed it once again. Canada vs Czech Republic isn't supposed to look like the Bruins vs the Habs in 1975. You don't run an innocent guy into the boards at full speed with 1 freaking second left on the clock.

I'd be embarassed to have a guy like him wear Black and Gold.

Old
05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Really... I'm surprised by that. There are some players I'd hate to play against but I'd take in my team anytime. Byfuglien is one of them. But Perry? No way. He's a dirty player and he showed it once again. Canada vs Czech Republic isn't supposed to look like the Bruins vs the Habs in 1975. You don't run an innocent guy into the boards at full speed with 1 freaking second left on the clock.

I'd take Perry on my team in a heartbeat...

Old
05-18-2010, 01:43 PM
McKuato

If you watch him play, you will see everyone on the other team trying to kill him after every whistle. So he must be doing something right.
Perry brings everything that Begin was SUPPOSED to bring and DIDN'T plus a scoring touch. You may not like him but he's effective when he's in your team.
I would take him on the B's, he would stir up the hornet's nest and then you'd see the team have to answer to the physical stuff. It would separate the drivers from the passengers real quick. This is something the B's are missing IMHO.

Old
05-18-2010, 01:46 PM
McKuato

Quote:

I'd also take Byfuglien in a second.
But I can't see how Perry would be any more embarrasing than Begin or Savard.
Imagine a line of Perry Sobotka and Marchand? They would draw penanlties like crazy.

Old
05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
CptxMorgan
Dangerzone

Quote:

The difference being, 90 percent of the time Byfuglien is a non-factor and slows down whatever line he is on. Perry is dirty, but he has a ton of skill. I'd take Perry over Buff any day.

Old
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
The difference being, 90 percent of the time Byfuglien is a non-factor and slows down whatever line he is on. Perry is dirty, but he has a ton of skill. I'd take Perry over Buff any day.
No doubt about it, Perry can score. But I'm totally turned off by his dirty plays. He reminds me of Mike Richards. Lots of skill, but very dirty and very little respect for other players.

Today's example is perfect. This is the World Championships we're talking about. Fights aren't even allowed as far as I know. Canada is trailing by 1 with a couple of seconds left on the clock, the crowd (which is pro-Czech Republic because the game is in Germany I believe) is singing and all is good, and for no reason, Perry runs the other guy into the boards. As a result of what followed, you got 5 Canadian players leaving the ice under the boos of the disgusted crowd.

Oh well, I guess it's just me but I wouldn't want a guy like that to be my teammate.

Old
05-18-2010, 03:04 PM
biggles8

Quote:
No doubt about it, Perry can score. But I'm totally turned off by his dirty plays. He reminds me of Mike Richards. Lots of skill, but very dirty and very little respect for other players.

Today's example is perfect. This is the World Championships we're talking about. Fights aren't even allowed as far as I know. Canada is trailing by 1 with a couple of seconds left on the clock, the crowd (which is pro-Czech Republic because the game is in Germany I believe) is singing and all is good, and for no reason, Perry runs the other guy into the boards. As a result of what followed, you got 5 Canadian players leaving the ice under the boos of the disgusted crowd.

Oh well, I guess it's just me but I wouldn't want a guy like that to be my teammate.
Oh he can be a d---- for sure but he's 25 years old and here's his numbers for the last 3 seasons .

GP G A Pts. PIM Season

82 17 27 44 55 06-07

70 29 25 54 108 07-08

78 32 40 72 109 08-09

82 27 49 76 111 09-10

I'd take him in .000003 seconds in Boston .

Old
05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Turk

Quote:

Neither did some of his teammates in London. Not a well liked guy. Played dirty and let others fight his battles.

Old
05-18-2010, 07:44 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
I am actually building a time machine so we can draft Perry. Trust me, everyone would love Corey Perry on this team, he would be the closest player to Neely this team has seen since Neely retired.

Old
05-18-2010, 08:02 PM
PandaBonJovi

Send a message via AIM to PandaBonJovi
I'll take Perry any day on the Bruins. More heart on that guy than the whole team of Causeway Clowns. If he was a Bruin we would not have waited for the next game vs Pitt to go after Cooke, it would have been taken care of on the next shift.

Old
05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

If Perry was a Bruin, he'd be the face of toughness, the player who should be wearing the C, etc. etc.

But he's not...so instead he's dirty.

Give me more Corey Perry's and less Blake Wheeler's

Old
05-18-2010, 08:26 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Perry would border on being a God on the Bruins.....

I'd trade Wheeler, Ryder, Sturm, a 2nd round pick and my girlfriend to Anaheim right now for him

Old
05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Sevren

Update :

Canada trailing Russia 3-0 after 2.

Perry has at least 2 stupid penalties, including 1 that lead to a goal. There was also a ref who put his arm around him and he just shoved him away. Lucky to get away with that.

Oh yeah, I forgot... he can score

Old
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
You wouldn't take Perry or Richards?

LOLz.. this is why the Bruins will never have an effective agitator. Everyone would be made because he doesn't follow the goon created code.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
BoyntBergie

Are people talking about a different Corey Perry? The closest thing to Neely since Cam himself? Did you forget about Lucic?

Amazing.

Perry is a classic spot-picker, and a visor-wearing, dirty one at that. He doesn't strike me as the type who would have gone after Cooke at all, unless it was to slash him in the back of the leg.

Yeah, I'd probably take him on the B's. But I'd definitely need to warm up to him. Not a fan at all, at least now.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Update :

Canada trailing Russia 3-0 after 2.

Perry has at least 2 stupid penalties, including 1 that lead to a goal. There was also a ref who put his arm around him and he just shoved him away. Lucky to get away with that.

Oh yeah, I forgot... he can score
Two straight 70+ point seasons and he has 32 points in his previous 37 playoffs games (taking out his rookie season).

He played a huge role in winning the cup with Anaheim, winning WJC gold in 2005, and winning Olympic gold this year.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Are people talking about a different Corey Perry? The closest thing to Neely since Cam himself? Did you forget about Lucic?

Amazing.

Perry is a classic spot-picker, and a visor-wearing, dirty one at that. He doesn't strike me as the type who would have gone after Cooke at all, unless it was to slash him in the back of the leg.

Yeah, I'd probably take him on the B's. But I'd definitely need to warm up to him. Not a fan at all, at least now.

I'm talking about the dirty Perry, someone the Bruins desperately need.

Obviously he is not going to be the one avenging the Cooke hit, he will be the one who stirs **** up with his dirty play. Makes game interesting, and makes sure the Bruins aren't sleepwalking.

But its a moot point because since its the Bruins, he will probably come here and be a finesse player. Going with the company line of "we need to stay disciplined, focus on the two points"

Old
05-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

He's a ***** on another team but I'd take him here easily.

Edit - he doesn't remind me of Neely at all.

Old
05-20-2010, 03:43 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I'm talking about the dirty Perry, someone the Bruins desperately need.

Obviously he is not going to be the one avenging the Cooke hit, he will be the one who stirs **** up with his dirty play. Makes game interesting, and makes sure the Bruins aren't sleepwalking.

But its a moot point because since its the Bruins, he will probably come here and be a finesse player. Going with the company line of "we need to stay disciplined, focus on the two points"
Didn't do too much to prevent Anaheim from sleepwalking through a lot of this season.

Cooke's presence didn't stop Pittsburgh from throwing up a clunker for the ages in game 7 against MTL.

Avery's Rangers bombed this season.

Ott's Dallas team= DNQ.

I get it that these guys can add something to a team, but I think they're (sh*tsturbers in general) way overrated on this board and often viewed as a panacea from preventing teams from "sleepwalking".

Old
05-20-2010, 03:56 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Didn't do too much to prevent Anaheim from sleepwalking through a lot of this season.

Cooke's presence didn't stop Pittsburgh from throwing up a clunker for the ages in game 7 against MTL.

Avery's Rangers bombed this season.

Ott's Dallas team= DNQ.

I get it that these guys can add something to a team, but I think they're (sh*tsturbers in general) way overrated on this board and often viewed as a panacea from preventing teams from "sleepwalking".
You failed to mention the entire Flyers lineup in your list, who are all playing for a chance to raise Lord Stanley's Cup, in case you've missed the playoffs .

Old
05-20-2010, 04:06 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n74 View Post
You failed to mention the entire Flyers lineup in your list, who are all playing for a chance to raise Lord Stanley's Cup, in case you've missed the playoffs .
Sure, I'm not saying there aren't any sh*tsturbers left in the POs (Hartnell, Carcillo, Lapierre, Nichols, to name a few), but I just think they're overrated on this board. Good to have an agitator, but I think there are more pressing needs on the team, especially considering we already have SOB and Marchand in the wings.

Closed Thread