HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens Fan Here in Peace

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
phantommullet

vCash: 500
I'm a Pens fan as well. However, I'm an even bigger fan of the game over any one team. Right now the Flyers are in the midst of a possible story-book season. I can't help but root for them. If they were to win the Cup, hockey as a whole would be better for it. I hope it happens. I would also like to give a shout out to the amazing passion of both Montreal's and Philly's fanbases. The atmosphere in your buildings is something to really be proud of. I wish Mellon Arena got half as loud as your buildings regularly do. I saw a playoff game in Philly last year and the AMAZING crowd really made me feel like a part of something special, even if I was rooting for the other team.

Old
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
IrishSniper has condoms in his wallet that are older than the Pens rich and storied history...
Lolz.
Yeah, I don't think the Pens have a rich history. I think they have a history that starts in the mid 80's with some guy named Mario, then continues for two cups, before hitting a HUGE lull, which brings us to several first round picks and another cup. I appreciate your thanks, but I would NEVER root for you. EVER.

Old
05-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Philadelphia Flames

Leaf fans can't cheer for the Habs, Wings fans can't cheer for the Hawks... its the way it is. Nothing beats a good rivalry.

Old
05-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered
Let's just applaud the amazing fans and teams that everyone has. We should melt down the Stanley Cup into a bunch of YMCA participation trophies and hand them out to every team in the league. Why keep score?

I'm a fan of the game too. That's why I play hockey. The NHL is just one aspect of "the game", and hating the Penguins doesn't have anything to do with my respect for great hockey. I don't care if the Penguins go 82-0-0 and sweep their way to a cup for the next 10 seasons. I will still hate them.

Don't ever compare the Flyers' history with that of the Penguins. It's not even close. There's a reason the Flyers have been one of the league's strongest franchises almost every year and the Penguins were one signature away from leaving for the Dust Bowl. That's why I can't stand Penguins fans. Being relevant since 2006 doesn't automatically erase all of the years of failure your franchise has put up on the board. Don't pretend it does. If the balls on that fateful draft lottery had come up any different, you'd be cheering for a team in Kansas City (if you'd still even be cheering at all).

Please continue to suck up to us and stroke our egos. I'll be sure to point to this thread the next time one of you tries to kick dirt on Philadelphia. We still hate you. Sorry.

Old
05-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronger is a robot View Post
Let's just applaud the amazing fans and teams that everyone has. We should melt down the Stanley Cup into a bunch of YMCA participation trophies and hand them out to every team in the league. Why keep score?

I'm a fan of the game too. That's why I play hockey. The NHL is just one aspect of "the game", and hating the Penguins doesn't have anything to do with my respect for great hockey. I don't care if the Penguins go 82-0-0 and sweep their way to a cup for the next 10 seasons. I will still hate them.

Don't ever compare the Flyers' history with that of the Penguins. It's not even close. There's a reason the Flyers have been one of the league's strongest franchises almost every year and the Penguins were one signature away from leaving for the Dust Bowl. That's why I can't stand Penguins fans. Being relevant since 2006 doesn't automatically erase all of the years of failure your franchise has put up on the board. Don't pretend it does. If the balls on that fateful draft lottery had come up any different, you'd be cheering for a team in Kansas City (if you'd still even be cheering at all).

Please continue to suck up to us and stroke our egos. I'll be sure to point to this thread the next time one of you tries to kick dirt on Philadelphia. We still hate you. Sorry.
And Big Ben is a rapist.

Old
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
IrishSniper has condoms in his wallet that are older than the Pens rich and storied history...
Which would also make them older than the Flyers' history, considering they came into the league at the same time, no?

Old
05-20-2010, 06:45 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion Fox View Post
Which would also make them older than the Flyers' history, considering they came into the league at the same time, no?
Reading comprehension, what's that?

By the way, I'm kinda starting to like this thread. Keep up the good work (read: hate).

Oh, and Richie >>>>>> Cindy.

Old
05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Deadbolt401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion Fox View Post
Yep.

Well, I guess I'm outgunned in here. Good luck to the Flyers, they'll need it. Although, even though it's 2-0 right now, both teams have shown incredible amounts of resilency throughout these playoffs, and it is good to see Leighton succeed.

Old
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Montreal is a civilization of collaborators who refused to fight against the Nazis. They will be destroyed.... Oh yes, they will be destroyed.

Old
05-21-2010, 01:30 AM
PensFan27

Send a message via AIM to PensFan27 Send a message via Yahoo to PensFan27
If it makes you guys feel any better, i personally hope that you guys never win another game (after you destroy the Canadiens) and get blown out in the Finals...

Old
05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan27 View Post
If it makes you guys feel any better, i personally hope that you guys never win another game (after you destroy the Canadiens) and get blown out in the Finals...
That's the spirit!

BTW I hope the pens don't make the POs next year.

Closed Thread