HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dustin Byfuglien

Old
05-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
well said

Huet is by far the key move for Chicago. Niemi and Hjalmarsson are projected to make a combined $4m - $5m at least. The top of the trade pecking order must be as follows:
if someone offer's them this contracts, Hawks take the 1st and 3rd

and what about buy Buffy out and resign him directly?
Buyout: 2x 0.5 Mio CapHit
Resign him 2 Years for (year1) 0.5 Mio and the other year 2.5 Mio

CapHit for both years 2 Mio and Buf would get paid 6 Mio for the 2 years.

10-11: 0.5 Buyout + 1.5 CapHit, but gets 3.5 Mio
11-12: 0.5 Buyout + 1.5 CapHit, but gets 2.5 Mio

Last edited by Bubba88: 05-17-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 08:27 AM
KyleJRM

Oops, you are right, I was misreading the cap for next year by counting guys like Kane and Toews at their current hit and not next year's hit.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 02:05 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Resign him 2 Years for 0.5 Mio and the other year 2 Mio

There can't be any agreements w/ a player after he is bought out that he would come back to his old team. If a player was bought out and then re-signed right away, the league would look into it and possibly void it (although they're making real progress looking into the Hossa, Pronger, etc deals).

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
There can't be any agreements w/ a player after he is bought out that he would come back to his old team. If a player was bought out and then re-signed right away, the league would look into it and possibly void it (although they're making real progress looking into the Hossa, Pronger, etc deals).
Ottawa has a CapHit to 2012 with 0.7 Mio. The Player who was bought out: Daniel Alfredsson

And I just ask.

Old
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Alfredsson wasn't really bought out -- he had a strange clause in his contract where there were multiple option years instead of the usual one, so the salary was spread out instead of getting it all in one season.

Old
05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

ok

so this isn't an option to have the player still signed with less Cap Hit?

Old
05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
InsaneBlackhawksFan

Let me make an argument for the value of Byfuglien being kept over Sharp.

Sharp is by far the better player, but that also means he has much more trade value than Buff.

Buff has positional flexibility, he can both play forward and defense, not saying he is a great defenseman but he can play it. That creates much more cap flexibility with regard to positional needs.

Dealing Sharp and Versteeg (Both of which have a greater cap hit than Buff) may make more sense than dealing Buff and Versteeg. I know it is not a very palatable decision, but if you can package Sharp with Huet or even Brian Campbell, well that is nice.

In all likelihood Sharp is staying, but moving him may not be a bad idea.

InsaneBlackhawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if someone offer's them this contracts, Hawks take the 1st and 3rd

Resign him 2 Years for (year1) 0.5 Mio and the other year 2.5 Mio

Uggh. Think of what team might be among the most likely to bite on Hammer. Vancouver? They desperately need a potential top pairing defensemen, they would absolutely love to bring the Hawks down a peg by stealing Hammer... oh and their pick is bottom of the barrel at #25 overall. It would be awful to lose Hammer to them for a low 1st and low 3rd.

Didn't Scotty say he sees a young Lidstrom in Hammer? We have to find a way to keep this guy.

I like Soupy, but the guy has to go IMO. Not letting Soupy go is going to result in us either losing Hammer this year or Seabrook next year. I just don't see how the Hawks would ultimately be able to afford paying 4 defensemen high end salaries.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Uggh. Think of what team might be among the most likely to bite on Hammer. Vancouver? They desperately need a potential top pairing defensemen, they would absolutely love to bring the Hawks down a peg by stealing Hammer... oh and their pick is bottom of the barrel at #25 overall. It would be awful to lose Hammer to them for a low 1st and low 3rd.

Didn't Scotty say he sees a young Lidstrom in Hammer? We have to find a way to keep this guy.

I like Soupy, but the guy has to go IMO. Not letting Soupy go is going to result in us either losing Hammer this year or Seabrook next year. I just don't see how the Hawks would ultimately be able to afford paying 4 defensemen high end salaries.
I could see the Isles biting on him.

They need a top pairing dman (Hammer would instantly be there best defensive dman and would be paired with Streit)

Isles 2011 1st + 2011 3rd wouldn't be a terrible price for them to pay given how well there system is stocked right now and the youth on there roster

But in reality I dont see an offer sheet. I expect a team would come to Hawks and say we will offer sheet if we have too but we want to work this out another way and a trade would get done

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I could see the Isles biting on him.

They need a top pairing dman (Hammer would instantly be there best defensive dman and would be paired with Streit)

Isles 2011 1st + 2011 3rd wouldn't be a terrible price for them to pay given how well there system is stocked right now and the youth on there roster

But in reality I dont see an offer sheet. I expect a team would come to Hawks and say we will offer sheet if we have too but we want to work this out another way and a trade would get done
OK that would be better. But my point or question still stands. Do we really want to lose Hjalmarsson? I know everyone has fallen in love with Campbell of late, primarily due to the late season slump and the team's rejuvenation when he came back. He does deserve some love.

My counter to that was...that slump was a long time coming and was coming whether Soupy stayed in the lineup or not. I think the Hawks lost a bit of their swagger after that 5-1 3rd period blown lead to the Wild in January, and there was streaks going both ways after that. I just saw that slump coming. I think most of us did. It's probably a case of where a team just isn't going to sustain that high level for 82 games and then another 20+ in the playoffs.

As good as Campbell is, I'd prioritize Seabrook, Keith and Hammer over him. Now if the Hawks do decide Soupy is our 4th defensemen, does it make sense that he is the highest paid player on the team? I don't know if the Hawks could trade him even if they wanted to. I know they get that 2 week window every year of 10 teams, and while we don't know the teams, it's a good bet they are teams somewhere between Chicago and Ontario, since soupy has said before he doesn't want to play TOO far from home.

I just hate the thought of losing hammer. We're already seeing this postseason what happens when we get past our top two pairs (Hendry has a team worst -5 in his limited action). The idea of bringing us down to 3 dependable defensemen scares me, whether it be losing hammer this year or Seabrook next year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

IMO... we will see all 4 again as the Hawks TOP 4 on the D next season.

Then the CBA will be on the line again. Who knows what's coming (the Cap will stay, but what about Hossa's Cap Hit will be his salary?)

Old
05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I think we can sign Niemi to a shorter contract for 2 million.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I'm pretty sure if you buy a player out he can't sign with your team for a calendar year anymore.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
I don't know about that. I don't think it'd happen but I'm certainly going to make the argument that with the way both of them have been playing the ideal cap range is ...

Hjalmarsson ($2,800,000-$3,200,000)
Niemi ($2,300,000-$2,700,000)

Do consider Dallas just gave Kari Lehtonen a $3,500,000/3-year deal.
I'd say that Kari Lehtonen, who has 150+ NHL starts is a lot more proven than Niemi who will only have 50 NHL starts come contract time. I'd expect a shorter term, lower dollar deal for AN.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Connell

In Chicago Tribune, there was article about Byfuglien. It said, that Tallon drafted Byfuglien. Is that true? I have always thought that Mike Smith drafted him and Keith, Burish, Seabrook + Fraser, as Smith was GM then.

Did Tallon do all draft work back then, and was Smith completely out of all the draft work? I mean, was it really all about Tallon's work, and nothing about Smith's?

What even was Tallon's role back then?

Everywhere it just always reads, that it was Tallon that did all the good work and drafting, I find it kind of weird, because Tallon wasn't GM back then.

Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 01:38 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Tallon was working alongside Foley for 2002-03, so I didn't see how he could have done a lot of WHL scouting at the same time.

Fraser was drafted by Philadelphia and came over in a trade.

Mike Smith was in charge of the 2003 Draft, w/ Bill Lesuk and Joe Yannetti his top amateur scouts (plus Michel Dumas, I guess, but he's apparently the one who wanted Adam Munro in the 1st round).

Old
05-20-2010, 05:51 PM
newmanager

he's one of a kind........hawks have to keep him.

newmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 05:55 PM
brfeldman

To Chi
40th overall pick

To Ny Rangers
Buff

brfeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2010, 06:10 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmanager View Post
he's one of a kind........hawks have to keep him.
What I've been saying for ages.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote