HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

OT: little black book

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Tao Jones

vCash: 500
OT: little black book

My girlfriend and I rented "little black book" with Brittany Murphy last night. I fell asleep, but watched the second half this morning. It is definitely a chick flick, but the lead's romantic interest plays a scout for the NJ Devils. Rafalski, Langenbrunner, and Pat Burns are all mentioned by name. A red practice jersey hangs on the wall in his apartment, framed and signed(Ken Daneyko being the most prominent) by the team. A scene at ice level(widescreen HDTV?) shows a "playoff" game at CAA vs. Tampa Bay. One scene shows Friesen being stopped by Khabibulin?, another shows Madden scoring with Pandolfo in front of the net with the screen and possible deflection? The story supposedly takes place in Trenton, although the city shots looked more like NYC. Nice to see the most recent 2 Cup winners featured in a mainstream movie. Hockey was portrayed respectfully and genuinely, the character actually gives up going to the "playoff" game to land a deal with a prospect before a rival signs him. Lou's kind of employee.

Sorry if there was a thread on this already. I couldn't find any in the Search.

Closed Thread