HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hell is Everybody's Problem with Mike Richards?

Old
05-21-2010, 06:51 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

vCash: 500
Everyone hates him because hes a superstar who plays physical

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:13 AM
Don Nachbaur 26

Wow!!! I just went to the Montreal board and read the Richards discussion. Mike Richards intentionally tries to hurt people...

How many Flyers fans have been given infractions for that debate??

Don Nachbaur 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:14 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
How about posting it on the main board to get an unbiased answer? For one, I think he's a dirty punk who seeks to cause a world of pain to the opposition. Sure thing, he's great when he plays on the team you cheer for, but it ain't too hard to see what other fan bases have against him. He's like Bobby Clarke with less offensive talent. Richards is far from being a clean player though. That comes from someone who has nothing against Philly. He's quite dirty to be honest. He's a great player and a good leader, that still doesn't prevent him from being dirty. Just look at Pronger.
He probably isn't trying to cause an argument on the main boards but intending to ask this "biased" crowd essentially "why don't they see what we see"...that's all.

I really, truly, don't see Richards as even the SLIGHTEST bit dirty. All I see is a guy that plays his hardest 100% of the time, and he will hit you as hard as he can if the opportunity presents itself. He never elbows, he never charges. I truly don't believe that attempting to cause pain in a legal manner is a bad thing. Hell, that's the point of a forecheck, that's why you play the body. To intimidate the other team and make them take a split second longer to do something.

Scott Stevens made a career on trying to inflict pain on the people he played.

To each their own...

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:15 AM
smitty10

I don't like Richards partly because of the Booth hit, and also because he is just that type of gritty, dirty, agitator players that you love to have on your team, but hate to play against. I would LOVE to have him on the Leafs though.

Believe me, as a Leafs fan I go through a lot of the same stuff. Sometimes its hard to understand why other fans hate your team/players so much, but whatever. Its just good to know that Leafs fans aren't alone in the hate.

PS. I never though I'd say this, but GO FLYERS GO!!!!

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:18 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I don't like Richards partly because of the Booth hit, and also because he is just that type of gritty, dirty, agitator players that you love to have on your team, but hate to play against. I would LOVE to have him on the Leafs though.

Believe me, as a Leafs fan I go through a lot of the same stuff. Sometimes its hard to understand why other fans hate your team/players so much, but whatever. Its just good to know that Leafs fans aren't alone in the hate.

PS. I never though I'd say this, but GO FLYERS GO!!!!
I can absolutely respect that.

I feel that way about Brandon Dubinsky. He's annoying as F to play against, but all he is doing is busting his butt.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:20 AM
DickTony

I'm glad they hate Mike Richards. Just reinforces to me everything that is wrong with many hockey markets (especially Montreal). Booing Richards for playing physical hockey (still have yet to see ONE example of anything REMOTELY dirty besides the Booth hit...I'm waiting...), booing every French Canadian player we have simply because they don't want to play for you, singing soccer chants all game long, feeling entitled to literally everything the league has to offer...stop whining. /rant.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:24 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
It's a dangerous combination of the internet and the New NHL bringing in a bunch of fans who can't understand how this game should be played.

Every little thing is debated and exaggerated to death.

Richards doesn't hit you in the numbers (Hollweg or Kaleta), he doesn't aim for the head (Cooke I guess is the most recent example of a headhunter), he doesn't do the stickwork (Gomez in this series has been disgraceful), he stands up for his teammates with situational fights and removes his bucket if he's fighting an honourable player.

He plays the game the right way. He's only dirty if you hate the Flyers.

But I guess in a world where Lappiere laughing like a nutbag and taunting a team he's trailing in a series to from the safety of the bench is something worth celebrating...Richards is the dirtiest **** on the planet.
Nail on the ****ing head.

God forbid we have a star in this league who doesn't mind throwing a check once and a while. In 5 years of hockey, he's thrown 1 questionable hit (Booth), I ****ing challenge anyone to find another one.

It's amazing to me that Habs fans can laud Lapierre and Gomez for diving, taunting, and waving sticks in opponent's faces, but demonize a guy like Richards because he's physical.

I mean honestly, if Gomez did that **** in a rec league game, is there any doubt that both teams would just end up kicking his ass?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:27 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
I'm glad they hate Mike Richards. Just reinforces to me everything that is wrong with many hockey markets (especially Montreal). Booing Richards for playing physical hockey (still have yet to see ONE example of anything REMOTELY dirty besides the Booth hit...I'm waiting...), booing every French Canadian player we have simply because they don't want to play for you, singing soccer chants all game long, feeling entitled to literally everything the league has to offer...stop whining. /rant.
Thats just how Montreal fans act. Its annoying as hell and I'm having trouble watching this series because of them. I just can't stand how they "boo" everything. Its irritating as hell, but their season will be over soon and then they will riot and destroy downtown Montreal like they always do. Montreal is a beautiful city, but the people can be very rude and arrogant, especially if you aren't French.

Just knock them out and we won't have to deal with them anymore

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:29 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Thats just how Montreal fans act. Its annoying as hell and I'm having trouble watching this series because of them. I just can't stand how they "boo" everything. Its irritating as hell, but their season will be over soon and then they will riot and destroy downtown Montreal like they always do. Montreal is a beautiful city, but the people can be very rude and arrogant, especially if you aren't French.

Just knock them out and we won't have to deal with them anymore
Even French people hate French-Canadiens.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:34 AM
DUHockey9

In continuing to think about this...I can see why people hate Carcillo and Hartnell. Carcillo is the ultra pest, he embellishes etc. Hartnell, also a pest, and loves to get in non-nonsensical scrums after whistles.

I just really don't see it with Richie. It's sad that people nowadays equate trying to throw the occasional big hit as dirty.

Old
05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Larry44

Quote:
How about posting it on the main board to get an unbiased answer? For one, I think he's a dirty punk who seeks to cause a world of pain to the opposition. Sure thing, he's great when he plays on the team you cheer for, but it ain't too hard to see what other fan bases have against him. He's like Bobby Clarke with less offensive talent. Richards is far from being a clean player though. That comes from someone who has nothing against Philly. He's quite dirty to be honest. He's a great player and a good leader, that still doesn't prevent him from being dirty. Just look at Pronger.
Mange merde troll.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:55 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I'd say Briere's dirtier than Richards is. Richards is the guy that cleans your clock - Briere's the guy that spears you in the nuts.
I agree. Spears, crosschecks to the head, and crap like that is far dirtier than anything Richards pulls.

The Booth hit changed everything. It was borderline and if it were a Flyer on the receiving end of that one, I'd be fine in calling it dirty. But it was also legal at the time.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 07:58 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Atleast he doesn't crosscheck people in the face like that dirty punk loser Gorges.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:05 AM
FlyHigh

I enjoy how he thinks that the main board would provide an "unbiased" opinion about the Flyers.

Old
05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 View Post
Wow!!! I just went to the Montreal board and read the Richards discussion. Mike Richards intentionally tries to hurt people...

How many Flyers fans have been given infractions for that debate??
Yea, that is why I try to avoid going over there.... they are ridiculous.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
So true. When Quebec was threatening to separate, France was scared crapless that they'd but stuck subsidizing the lazy pr*cks for the rest of time like the rest of Canada does now.
Don't be a moron. The Quebec separatists (which don't have to be french) wanted independence, not another union with France.

France was so scared that the French President in the 60-70's spoke to promote Quebec's separation...

I am not a separatist, but don't start talking **** on people that have nothing to do with hockey.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 08:26 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I've been noticing it alot on the boards. I think its ****ing stupid. He's been nothing but the man his entire career. Is it the Booth hit? I mean that LEGAL unbelievably sick hit? Yeah he got a concussion but I mean this isn't the ballet. The hate is quite lame considering he's the only captain in the NHL whose name appears under badass in the dictionary.
Richards is fraking awesome but when is he gonna lay out one of these smurfs? How about Lapierre or whatever that annoying Habs name is.....I effin cant stand that pr1ck.....

Im not a flyers fan but I HATE the Habs,,,,I cannot even express my disappointment at the Flyers performance last night...losing 5-1 to these clowns is unacceptable....especially after total domination in 2 straight...

You better show up for game 4 Philly and with avengence....I wanna see these little pukes pasted into the boards.....Wake up Pronger...its showtime

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
The last place I'd go to for an unbiased answer is the main board. I'd be more likely to get an unbiased answer from the Rangers/Devils/Penguins board than that cluster-**** of a message board.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I love how the retarded habs fans basically booed eveytime a flyers had the puck

Richards, briere, gagne, pronger, giroux

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Yea, that is why I try to avoid going over there.... they are ridiculous.
Habs fans are a joke...all the way thru the first 2 rounds they complained about some conspiracy theory that the NHL wanted OV and Sid to win....MORONS...

they are the most obnoxious fanbase in hockey....I love how they live in the past and poke fun at other teams because of cup droughts and haven't won in almost 20 years themselves.....then almost every home game they have some lame-a$$ ceremony honoring an 85 year old former great......occassionally this is cool but montreal is nauseating....makes me sick

Old
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
mike richards is a far greater leader than anything wearing the sideways toilet seat on their jerseys....how about that dirty cross check to claude giroux's face from another cowardly hab (was it spacek)....Im really hoping that either richards, hartnell or pronger cleanly obliterate one of...cammelleri, gomez, gionta or plekanec....and that agitator piece of crap they have(lapierre) should be pummelled until that smirk comes off his face....

Old
05-21-2010, 09:45 AM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I love how the retarded habs fans basically booed eveytime a flyers had the puck

Richards, briere, gagne, pronger, giroux
So we're just supposed to sit back and admire your players strutt their stuff??
NO!
The fans have the right to boooo the other team's best players (and the goalie ).

I have to admit, I hated it when your fans sang/mocked the OLE OLE chant. Which means you did a great job at it! Props to that..

Cheers to a good series!

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Believe it or not, despite throwing big hits, Mike Richards might be one of the most non-dirty Flyers. He doesn't really do dirty things. He's always trying to throw a good check, work along the boards, stop a rush, or put points up.

We don't actually have a lot of dirty players.

Pronger in his past was pretty dirty, but he isn't all that dirty here.

Hartnell and Carcillo are. I'd still say the dirtiest game I see at any point of a season is Briere when he goes into a rage. He gets really bad.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:01 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
mike richards is a far greater leader than anything wearing the sideways toilet seat on their jerseys....how about that dirty cross check to claude giroux's face from another cowardly hab (was it spacek)....Im really hoping that either richards, hartnell or pronger cleanly obliterate one of...cammelleri, gomez, gionta or plekanec....and that agitator piece of crap they have(lapierre) should be pummelled until that smirk comes off his face....
That is the percieved Flyer's usual strategy.

By the way I was just made to read this because I replied to the french canadian hate. Thought it would be usefull to remind everyone.

"Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted."

It's fun to hate each other's teams, but let's keep our respective bigotery out of this.

Cheers, enjoy the game tomorrow, this is a series again.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
How about posting it on the main board to get an unbiased answer?
Because you can't get an unbiased answer on the mainboard. It's full of idiots who don't know much about hockey outside of what their television tells them, and the hate for the Flyers it outstanding.

I'm not out to act like the world is against us like Penguins fans, but seriously, we're the dirtiest franchise, and the most physical, and the evil badguys of the NHL?

I kind of like that we play with a chip on our shoulder, and I've seen far dirtier play out of other teams at times than I've seen from us. I also sometimes like being the badguy, but people need to learn to not be sheep. This thing where people don't think for themselves and go off the opinion of some mindless homer is disgusting to me.

Briere (outside of pests Carcillo and Hartnell) is probably our dirtiest player believe it or not.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote