HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ole Ole

Old
05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
You're calling out the Montreal Canadiens home crowd? lol

They were essentially the 7th player on the ice last night.
Correction: the 7th, 8th and 9th players on the ice for the Habs were the men in stripes. The 10th player was half of the Flyer's defenseman who were fairly content turning the puck over to you constantly.

Try doing half of the stunts you pulled tonight when Colin Campbell isn't holding up an effigy of Dave Schultz before the game with the refs and you are in the penalty box for half the game (and we would have been in it alot less).

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
the referees were not the reason why the Flyers lost last night. They didnt play well at all. Might have been one of the worst games they have played this post season. Top 3 anyway.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:09 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
the referees were not the reason why the Flyers lost last night. They didnt play well at all. Might have been one of the worst games they have played this post season. Top 3 anyway.
I thought the Pronger/Coburn penalties that led to the 5-on-3 were textbook calls.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

From what I could see, we lost because we played like crap. Not that I didn't half expect it.. I wasn't expecting a sweep.

And I don't know if I'd say he was "calling out" the Habs fans.. more that the "wave" is kind of dumb. There is actually a discussion about the dumbness of the wave even before the game, so it has nothing to do with hating on the fans.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:32 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
You're calling out the Montreal Canadiens home crowd? lol

They were essentially the 7th player on the ice last night.
You approve of the wave? I'm not calling them out, I'm just saying what an awful idea that was.

And you're right about the 7th player, I don't know how the refs didn't catch that.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:38 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
And, I guess rugby fans that sing Ole Ole should be ashamed as well.
?
I would say, no they shouldn't.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

To me, an opposing fan, the ole chant and the wave is annoying, and kinda stupid, but I bet if I was a Habs fan I'd do both. Different strokes and all that.

And that crowd was definitely the 7th player last night. Need to take them out early next game.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Jigger77

What's wrong with the wave anyway?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Wow the waive?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
What's wrong with the wave anyway?
If you really have to ask, then I'm afraid it may be too late for you.

Orange and Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black View Post
If you really have to ask, then I'm afraid it may be too late for you.
It's already far too late for me my friend. I've been off my rocker for a while now.

But the hate for the wave on your board is intriguing. I mean, it looks pretty cool if you ask me.

But hey. It's not like I'm in love with it. I just don't hate it like you guys and I was wondering if there was a specific reason or something.

In Ottawa they don't like it because they're a bunch of stiffs who are afraid to be loud and cheer. That's not the case with you guys so you have me perplexed.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
It's already far too late for me my friend. I've been off my rocker for a while now.

But the hate for the wave on your board is intriguing. I mean, it looks pretty cool if you ask me.

But hey. It's not like I'm in love with it. I just don't hate it like you guys and I was wondering if there was a specific reason or something.

In Ottawa they don't like it because they're a bunch of stiffs who are afraid to be loud and cheer. That's not the case with you guys so you have me perplexed.
Could it maybe be because baseball is so huge here in the States? The wave started in the 80s (70s maybe?) at baseball stadiums, and is soooo played out. Maybe it's just...different...in Canada. I can't stand it.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Could it maybe be because baseball is so huge here in the States? The wave started in the 80s (70s maybe?) at baseball stadiums, and is soooo played out. Maybe it's just...different...in Canada. I can't stand it.
I agree that it's so played out. It was old in the 80's. I'm Canadian and it was fun for the first year it was around. Now it just annoys me - seeing it on TV, I couldn't care less, but when it happens when I'm at a game. I'd rather watch the game, than have my view blocked for a stupid reason every 30-45 seconds. And I think it's different in baseball - you can lose sight of the game for a few seconds and not miss anything at all. That's not the case in hockey.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Correction: the 7th, 8th and 9th players on the ice for the Habs were the men in stripes. The 10th player was half of the Flyer's defenseman who were fairly content turning the puck over to you constantly.

Try doing half of the stunts you pulled tonight when Colin Campbell isn't holding up an effigy of Dave Schultz before the game with the refs and you are in the penalty box for half the game (and we would have been in it alot less).
Ok... sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
You approve of the wave? I'm not calling them out, I'm just saying what an awful idea that was.

And you're right about the 7th player, I don't know how the refs didn't catch that.
I approve of anything that creates energy for the home crowd. If they want to all collectively fart at the same time , and then yell "sniff sniff ... ewww " , I'm fine with that so long as it gets the energy up and the team pumped.

For the record, this chant would be:
" Fart ... Sniff Sniff... EWWW"..."
" Fart ... Sniff Sniff ... EWWW"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I would say, no they shouldn't.
So the Nelson Mandela movie, Invictus, with the South African rugby fans chanting " Ole Ole " in the 95 world cup ... they shouldn't have chanted it either, cause it's a "soccer chant"...?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:45 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

im not big fan of the wave, but they kind of 'impose' it on the crowd (animators at the bell center start the wave not the crowd)

you all laugh about the fact that we cheer louder and longer then all american hockey cities combined?

as for VS (im in the us right now) they are just impressed by how cheerfull and loud montreal fans are.

should be a fun game 4

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote