HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's gonna happen with Andrew Ladd?

Old
05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
passive voice

vCash: 500
What's gonna happen with Andrew Ladd?

Hello you terribly spoiled Hawks fans.

I was wondering what you guys expect to do with Andrew "I'm a little" Ladd "who loves berries and cream" this summer?

PS: I know you have a Salary Capocalypse thread, but I'm hoping for opinions on Ladd specifically. Sorry if it's clutter.

passive voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Either he will resign short term between 1.6 to 2 mil or he will leave via offer sheet (2nd rounder) or we trade his rights

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 08:06 PM
massivegoonery

Not sure he deserves 1.6 even, I think it'll have to be less.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 10:57 PM
PPQB

Personally I think he'll be traded.

I would love to keep him around for the right price, but just think he'll price himself out of our budget (and justifiably so). We need someone in his roster spot for around a million in order to help keep some of our more important players. Plus we'll get something decent in return for him.

PPQB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

It depends on the Offers we get for him or if we have to add his Rights to another Trade.

but I think he'll resign for 1.6-1.8 a year for 2 years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
sedag

I don't believe the "maybe up a tad" salary cap will allow the Blackhawks to retain Ladd for 10/11. Signing Hammer and Nyeti are more important to the team's immediate future. If Ladd leaves, Kyle Beach steps into the rugged 3rd line winger role on the team.

My response assumes that Huet's contract is still on the books next season. If Bowman is able to move him it's possible Ladd could be retained. Although I suspect the team signs Bickell as a cheaper (well under $1mil) option with an eye toward signing Seabrook long term during next season.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Ben Eager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedag View Post
I don't believe the "maybe up a tad" salary cap will allow the Blackhawks to retain Ladd for 10/11. Signing Hammer and Nyeti are more important to the team's immediate future. If Ladd leaves, Kyle Beach steps into the rugged 3rd line winger role on the team.
My response assumes that Huet's contract is still on the books next season. If Bowman is able to move him it's possible Ladd could be retained. Although I suspect the team signs Bickell as a cheaper (well under $1mil) option with an eye toward signing Seabrook long term during next season.
I think Kyle Beach is going to be the 1st LW with Kane and Toews next season. Or maybe I hope he is.

Also, I think the Hawks will do everything possible to get rid of Huet's contract next season. Or maybe I hope...

Ben Eager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
hawksfan50

IF they ship Ladd out --the 3rd line (Bolland's) will have lost both the RW (Versteeg) and LW (Ladd)--Ladd doesn't score enough-BUT is a good defensive forward ---a kind of 'glue' player for the line...If he too goes the line probably loses its checking effectivenes-but might get more offensive --if 2/3 of the line stays,then whoever plays RW (SKille) probably is covered for for defenive lapses... Bolland +Ladd obviously check well off each other -so I think its a set-back if he goes--but they just can't raise him too much...

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Ladd is a luxury on this team. Simply can't make more then 1.75 with a team as cap stretched as we are. It's almost twice what we should be paying for a third line winger.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Teemu

Ladd will stick with the team through training camp. There, he will compete with Beach to make the lineup. Their salaries will be almost identical. If Ladd outperforms Beach, then he'll stick and Beach will train in the minors. Otherwise, he'll be moved out before the season starts

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Ladd will stick with the team through training camp. There, he will compete with Beach to make the lineup. Their salaries will be almost identical. If Ladd outperforms Beach, then he'll stick and Beach will train in the minors. Otherwise, he'll be moved out before the season starts
This is assuming the Hawks qualify him and he signs the qualifying offer, correct?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
I think he's gone. And there's so much talent in the system coming up, it won't be a big deal.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

IMO... Beach will get the Roster Spot from Byfuglien

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
stingo

I think we keep Buf over Ladd.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
I think Ladd can use Bernier, and Drew Stafford as examples, Ladd is better then both so I assume he gets Bernier money and the very least.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote