HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter is back and playing

Old
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Jeff Carter is back and playing

He's going to have an amazing game, with a hatrick and 4 assists

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
PacoXIII

Andrei Kostitsyn's perfect chance to tell people:" SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT 2003 "

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Karpeqc

who care we got Youppi

Karpeqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Bullsmith

Don't want to wish anyone ill, but honestly the Flyers have a terrible history of rushing players back too early, and they suffer for it their entire careers (the player does. The Flyers just move on to the next victim.) I guess this isn't a concussion, so it's not the guy's whole rest of his life they're playing with (unlike with Laperiere?) but as a life-long Flyer-hater, I hope this turns out to be a terrible mistake.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I'm actually a fan of him coming back. Why? I don't necessarily believe any player coming back aids a team. Sometimes with a big goal scorer like him, they try to accomodate him and others who got more ice time and were in the zone get reduced ice time and lose momentum. Then again, it could also work the way philly fans expect, that he'll come back and be on fire. I'm hoping for the first option obviously. I think it was different when gagne returned because they were desperate and everyone was in the zone. Now, they're up 2-1 series, from down 3-0, this seems like a walk in the part. Returning players can even help us. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but just trying to say, even with Carter back, doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better team than they were the first 2 games.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

let's hope that will slow down Gagne and Briere

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Its all gooooood!!

We got this man

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Just another hurdle for this team.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Oh just like that time Jordan Staal came back?
Yeah...

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Oh just like that time Jordan Staal came back?
Yeah...
Exactly what I was going to say. Staal coming back didn't really boost the Pens. This isn't really a big deal.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Staal coming back didn't really boost the Pens. This isn't really a big deal.
yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
M.C.G. 31
Jesus Price

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Its all gooooood!!

We got this man

I came here to post this.

It's true though, Lappy's got this

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm actually a fan of him coming back. Why? I don't necessarily believe any player coming back aids a team. Sometimes with a big goal scorer like him, they try to accomodate him and others who got more ice time and were in the zone get reduced ice time and lose momentum. Then again, it could also work the way philly fans expect, that he'll come back and be on fire. I'm hoping for the first option obviously. I think it was different when gagne returned because they were desperate and everyone was in the zone. Now, they're up 2-1 series, from down 3-0, this seems like a walk in the part. Returning players can even help us. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but just trying to say, even with Carter back, doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better team than they were the first 2 games.
Bingo! This man knows what the **** he's talking about

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I doubt he is 100%,if he plays it's probably just some pp time.Carter is a great player,I hope he doesn't play

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)
Although he hasn't really shown that ability in the playoffs in his young career. Not to say he isn't an important piece for them, but right now Richards, Briere, Gagne and Pronger are all more important to that team.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Gary320

Quote:

May not be the best player. But Staal is UNDERRATED. Before his injury he was the most effective player out of the three (Malkin, Crosby) imo.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Briere and Richards have been the Flyers' best players so far.

Carter is very solid as well, so is Gagné and Giroux.

With him in the line up or not, the Flyers play a very defensive game. If we can crash their game like we did yesterday, it won't change much.
The big question is if we can continue to play like we did yesterday.

And Staal is huge for the Pens. Shutting down Crosby is not easy in itself. But after him, you have to contain Malkin as well. Once you've done that, there's now Staal. Rolling three big centers like that is a huge luxury.
The Pens could have won versus us had Bylsma coached better.

I think we've seen this year how important coaching can be in the POs.
Boudreau looked like an amateur and so did his team. They were unprepared with no structure at all. Their game plan, full on attack. But even with that system, they were unstructured on offense.

Bylsma made the mistake of bringing very little adjustments. Hearing Letang say they won't pay any special attention to Cammalleri because he has 11-12Goals was incredibly stupid and reflects how poorly prepared the Pens were as well. He was also unable to make his star players shine. Crosby and Malkin were contained. I saw no attempt from Bylsma to calm Crosby too. He was frustrated from game 1 to 7.

Martin has been very pro-active in these POs. Some of the line up changes I don't agree with it, but overall he's been good. I couldn't believe what I heard from our team after our 6-0. They were all saying (including Martin) that not too many adjustments were needed. I seriously didn't understand that.
Again, we lost. I definitely saw changes yesterday, and we won.

Coaching has been a huge factor in these POs. It's all about adjusting to your opponent, game in and game out.

So if Carter is back, we will need to adjust to that as well.

Last edited by Kriss E: 05-21-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Kboum

Jacques Martin should print hfboards post saying we should have pick Carter instaid of Kostitsyn, and give him.

Watch him go.... when hes playing hard, this guy is a stud. Really strong on his skate... Pronger had problems to push him in front of the Flyers net yesterday and one time in the corner, A.Kost pushed Pronge and got away with the puck.

But lets be honest, Carter is a better player, well more consistant.! Lets go Andrei finish him up

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:

Well, neither have been big offensive factors in the playofffs. Staal has 24pts in 60 playoffs games whereas Carter only has 15pts in 33 games. He's coming back from an injury, either he won't be 100% full or he'll be on a tear for a few games, he'll eventually slow down. Mike Richards is roughly equal to Carter in the regular season with more playmaking abilities and less goal scoring prowess. In the post season it's a total blowout in favor of Richards.

Also, Montreal dealt with the likes of Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Ovechkin and Green with Washington, they dealt with Malkin, Crosby, Staal and Gonchar. Among the players I named, 5 are far greater offensive threats than Carter. No reason to be affraid of him.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Its all gooooood!!

We got this man

Lappy everywhere!! today

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Simon Gagne's return sure helped the flyers though. They won 6 straight and he scored 7 goals in those games.

Or when Andrei Markov came back for us in December and we won like 7 straight.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Could go either way... They could lose momentum with him coming back and making other players lose ice-time. Or he could come back on fire like Alfredsson did to us earlier this year and got 1 goal and 2 assists in his first game back against us.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:57 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Simon Gagne's return sure helped the flyers though. They won 6 straight and he scored 7 goals in those games.

Or when Andrei Markov came back for us in December and we won like 7 straight.
Or when Stall came back and they won the series...wait a minute. Like I said, different circumstances. Gagne came back when they were down 3-0, Carter may came back when they're up 2-1.

Old
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
LyricalLyricist

Also, Briere was on fire as center, if they decide to keep him as center, he goes to 3rd line, or Carter is on 3rd line, unless they bring briere back to wing...but he did better as center. Not everything works out perfect.

If i were martin I focus on the wingers to be honest. Carter probably won't try to do it on his own and will try to use his linemates on his first game back to feed his confidence by making some nice plays. Cut off his options and you're giving the 'opportunity' to a 'rusty' player...in comparison to his linemates at this time of the year of course.

Old
05-21-2010, 12:10 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
Also, Briere was on fire as center, if they decide to keep him as center, he goes to 3rd line, or Carter is on 3rd line, unless they bring briere back to wing...but he did better as center. Not everything works out perfect.

If i were martin I focus on the wingers to be honest. Carter probably won't try to do it on his own and will try to use his linemates on his first game back to feed his confidence by making some nice plays. Cut off his options and you're giving the 'opportunity' to a 'rusty' player...in comparison to his linemates at this time of the year of course.
Just to let most of you know, Carter will prob start off on the wing, getting time with the Gagne-Richards and or JVR-Giroux, Lavy has already stated in previous interviews that the Briere line won't be broken up because of recent success. People talk about limited ice time, the only players ice time that will be limited are Carcillo, Asham, and Nodl, who have all been none factors at this point.
Enjoy, Saturday should be an excellent game

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote