HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2010, 04:46 PM
  #76
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Time to update the thread title. It's been upgraded to a felony.
Hate to say it, and trying to reserve judgement...but it doesn't look good for Hardy.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
  #77
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
According to media reports, there was apparently enough evidence to arrest him, and to upgrade the charge to a felony. So I doubt she was making this up.
The range of possible incidents that could precipitate a felony charge is surprisingly vast, when sexual contact is involved.

Anywhere from something truly tiny to something huge and horrendous.

Despite the felony charge, we basically know nothing and still have to hold off on any judgment.

Willard is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
  #78
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
According to media reports, there was apparently enough evidence to arrest him, and to upgrade the charge to a felony..
A simple accusation, true or false, is enough to arrest someone, even for a felony. If everyone were guilty simply because they were arrested, alot of totally innocent people in this country would have wrongly become criminals.

I fight that prejudice, and it is just that, PREJUDICE, whether you admit it to yourself or not, everyday. Simply because someone is arrested means very little in the search for Truth and Justice. Attitudes like yours make my job a very difficult one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
So I doubt she was making this up.
All that is necessary for an arrest is an accusation. That is all the "evidence" needed. A quick example should suffice: If you and I were alone in the same hotel room for 5 minutes and I called the police and said you put your hand down my pants when I was coming out of the bathroom and tried to grab my ****, they would arrest you. Are you guilty? Did you do that? All the Police know is what I told them. You of course deny it, as everyone does. The police dont care what you say, because you are the accused, you are the criminal. So you'll be arrested and have to post bail if you dont want to rot in jail while your case slowly winds its way through the judicial system.

If the female accuser here was making it up, how would you or the police know? They don't try to sort it out in the field, they arrest the accused, prepare their (often falsified) reports and turn it over to the District Attorneys to prosecute.
Nothing at this point reveals guilt or innocence.

My sincere and heartfelt feelings go out to all involved for what in every circumstance is a horrible situation.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 04:57 PM
  #79
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
From Hardy's wife Facebook...


Quote:
our girl (omitted) graduates from Georgetown this Week,,, Mom and Dad are soooo proud of her!!!!!

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM
  #80
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Innocent until proven guilty (unless you're OJ Simpson).

For all we know, his daughter could be a lying, drug addict or maybe even worse. In any case, let's withhold our judgement.
She's not an addict, she's on a full ride volleyball scholarship @ Georgetown.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
  #81
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Hate to say it, and trying to reserve judgement...but it doesn't look good for Hardy.
That's not reserving judgment.

Guilty, or absolutely not guilty such a thing never "looks good" and that's the case in 100% of such situations.

So there's no point in even saying it. DIEHARD explains this all very well

The thing will be investigated -- nothing more really to say right now.

Willard is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:14 PM
  #82
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Alcohol was also involved according to reports of them going to a bar before this allegedly happened. That could obviously have an effect in the allegations.

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:18 PM
  #83
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
What I was thinking is that they were drunk, both basically passed out on the bed. Hardy rolled over, his hand rolled onto her crotch, and she woke up and freaked out.

Its certainly plausible, and based on the 'evidence' so far, just as a likely a scenario as any other.

Plus, it would mean she isn't 'lying' and he isn't a 'pervert'.

One can only hope it is this kind of ridiculous misunderstanding and nothing more. Like DIEHARD said, the truth is stranger than fiction every day.


Last edited by Telos: 05-21-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: QDP
JDM is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:24 PM
  #84
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
What I was thinking is that they were drunk, both basically passed out on the bed. Hardy rolled over, his hand rolled onto her crotch, and she woke up and freaked out.

Its certainly plausible, and based on the 'evidence' so far, just as a likely a scenario as any other.

Plus, it would mean she isn't 'lying' and he isn't a 'pervert'.

One can only hope it is this kind of ridiculous misunderstanding and nothing more. Like DIEHARD said, the truth is stranger than fiction every day.
Yeah but...what Dad sleeps with a 21 y.o. in bed? Especially when the Wife was also in the trip to DC with Hardy.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:25 PM
  #85
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
A simple accusation, true or false, is enough to arrest someone, even for a felony. If everyone were guilty simply because they were arrested, alot of totally innocent people in this country would have wrongly become criminals.

I fight that prejudice, and it is just that, PREJUDICE, whether you admit it to yourself or not, everyday. Simply because someone is arrested means very little in the search for Truth and Justice. Attitudes like yours make my job a very difficult one.

All that is necessary for an arrest is an accusation. That is all the "evidence" needed. A quick example should suffice: If you and I were alone in the same hotel room for 5 minutes and I called the police and said you put your hand down my pants when I was coming out of the bathroom and tried to grab my ****, they would arrest you. Are you guilty? Did you do that? All the Police know is what I told them. You of course deny it, as everyone does. The police dont care what you say, because you are the accused, you are the criminal. So you'll be arrested and have to post bail if you dont want to rot in jail while your case slowly winds its way through the judicial system.

If the female accuser here was making it up, how would you or the police know? They don't try to sort it out in the field, they arrest the accused, prepare their (often falsified) reports and turn it over to the District Attorneys to prosecute.
Nothing at this point reveals guilt or innocence.

My sincere and heartfelt feelings go out to all involved for what in every circumstance is a horrible situation.
Relax. Don't take this discussion so personally. I understand your job is to find loopholes in the law in an effort to keep criminals out of prison, and if that's what you choose to do and you're really good at it, then more power to you.

It's already been suggested in this thread that his daughter may be a druggie, or insane. It's hard to imagine a person with that mindset and background with a full volleyball scholarship and graduating from Georgetown. Grasping for straws, it seems.

Has anything been said about Harpo's wife being there also? I'd imagine she saw what was going on, or perhaps was awakened to it. It's possible that her testimony played into the arrest as well.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
  #86
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
Misdemeanor sexual abuse? I thought all sexual abuse was a felony?
obviously not............

still waiting for a bunch of female sex gangster who abuse me.

But i'm happy about.........
Lomabrdi is afraid to take the next step and hire a real staff.......
so a divine intervention takes this option away from him.
Maybe Hardy has misstaken her with Lombardi

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
  #87
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Yeah but...what Dad sleeps with a 21 y.o. in bed? Especially when the Wife was also in the trip to DC with Hardy.
Infinite scenarios.

Talking about virtually anything and then falling asleep.

Meaning to take a cat nap before returning to his room.

Maybe they have always been very close and it was an 'old-times' sake' kind of thing.

His daughter was graduating, becoming a woman. Wanting to reminisce her as his little girl.

Hell if I know. All I know is that its plausible.

JDM is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
  #88
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,034
vCash: 3733
On the lighter side, does anyone think this situation screams the movie Taboo?

*bow cheeky bow wow*



Mark, you're still innocent in my eyes. Just having some fun at your expense. That's the american way, no?

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:31 PM
  #89
MollerManor
Registered User
 
MollerManor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
have you ever gotten piss drunk with a married buddy (or one in a relationship) and had to share a bed with them, only to awkwardly wake up to them snuggling you?

Just askin'... kinda reminds me of this situation.

MollerManor is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:34 PM
  #90
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Infinite scenarios.

Talking about virtually anything and then falling asleep.

Meaning to take a cat nap before returning to his room.

Maybe they have always been very close and it was an 'old-times' sake' kind of thing.

His daughter was graduating, becoming a woman. Wanting to reminisce her as his little girl.

Hell if I know. All I know is that its plausible.
Suppose your correct...

I just find it odd to sleep in bed with your 21 yr old daughter.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
  #91
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
have you ever gotten piss drunk with a married buddy (or one in a relationship) and had to share a bed with them, only to wake up to them snuggling you?

Just askin'... kinda reminds me of this situation.
In what situation would Hardy's daughter have to share her bed with him?

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:37 PM
  #92
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
obviously not............

still waiting for a bunch of female sex gangster who abuse me.

But i'm happy about.........
Lomabrdi is afraid to take the next step and hire a real staff.......
so a divine intervention takes this option away from him.
Maybe Hardy has misstaken her with Lombardi

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
  #93
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
In what situation would Hardy's daughter have to share her bed with him?
Fall down drunk.

Passed out without meaning to.

Scared of underpants gnomes?

JDM is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:47 PM
  #94
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Fall down drunk.

Passed out without meaning to.

Scared of underpants gnomes?
None of those are acceptable reasons for why he would HAVE TO share a bed with his daughter. She's 21, not 5.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:47 PM
  #95
regulate
Registered User
 
regulate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
They don't try to sort it out in the field, they arrest the accused, prepare their (often falsified) reports and turn it over to the District Attorneys to prosecute.
Speaking of prejudice, looks like you have some issues.

regulate is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
  #96
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,800
vCash: 500
http://www.guhoyas.com/sports/w-voll...jessica00.html

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
  #97
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
None of those are acceptable reasons for why he would HAVE TO share a bed with his daughter. She's 21, not 5.
Who cares about HAVE TO?

Its not whether it was a requirement, but rather, why it ended it up happening, for which there are many reasons it would happen that are nefarious and many others that are innocent.

JDM is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
  #98
Readyrock
(・_・;)
 
Readyrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Ruh roooooh

Readyrock is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 06:11 PM
  #99
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Speaking of prejudice, looks like you have some issues.
Actually, the more accurate read on this subject is that I have experience. Ask any criminal defense attorney, or an honest prosecutor (harder to find). They will tell you the same thing.

Did I just prove your point for you?

Quick story: I dont think I've handled a case in the last 2-3 years where a vehicle, person or house was searched, where the ultimate defendant didn't allegedly consent to the search and then admit that what was found was his/hers. Its standard fare included in almost all police reports now, and because the police claim "consent" was given the possibility of search and seizure issues being helpful to a defendant is drastically reduced.

Every defendant, even the most savvy, and ther are lots of those, now always consents and always confesses. Its much cleaner for the prosecution that way!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 06:21 PM
  #100
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Is it safe to assume that those of you who question a parent falling asleep next to one of their children, no matter how young or old, are not yet parents?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.