HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RPM line - revved and raring to go

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 06:17 AM
IceDragoon

vCash: 500
RPM line - revved and raring to go

All you guys who kept the RPM line intact in your "if I was coach" lineups. Take a .

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam030930/nhl_edm1-sun.html

MacT's reasons:

"Fernando, he very seldom turns the puck over. The play seldom dies with him. When Marty's skating well, he can be as creative as anybody we have, he can set the table. Ethan can bang. He's nasty to play against. He's got great character."

So much for my wishes of Rita breaking thru with Reasoner. *sigh*
Oh well, I knew that MacT hangs his hat on his third line.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:22 AM
M00se

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon

I'm still hoping the Rita makes the team even if plays as much as Hemsky did last year. Rita might even suplant Pisani by December.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDragoon
All you guys who kept the RPM line intact in your "if I was coach" lineups. Take a .

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam030930/nhl_edm1-sun.html

MacT's reasons:

"Fernando, he very seldom turns the puck over. The play seldom dies with him. When Marty's skating well, he can be as creative as anybody we have, he can set the table. Ethan can bang. He's nasty to play against. He's got great character."

I am also disappointed Rita won't get the call with Reasonner and Moreau. The only good thing is that this is the only line I feel good going into the season because they have already proven that they have chemistry together...Smyth Isbister and Hemsky have also shown flashes but let's wait for the regular season to get excited...As for the second line, I'm pretty pissed that Dvorak is still not back from Europe...I get that his personal issues are probably more important but he's missing valuable pre-season playing time...The fourth line is a big ?...

Old
09-30-2003, 07:01 AM
PineJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I am also disappointed Rita won't get the call with Reasonner and Moreau. The only good thing is that this is the only line I feel good going into the season because they have already proven that they have chemistry together...Smyth Isbister and Hemsky have also shown flashes but let's wait for the regular season to get excited...As for the second line, I'm pretty pissed that Dvorak is still not back from Europe...I get that his personal issues are probably more important but he's missing valuable pre-season playing time...The fourth line is a big ?...
Has anyone heard what these personal issues of Dvorak are? It wasn't an emergency with Dopita was it?

Old
09-30-2003, 07:08 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I wouldn't be suprised to see Rita get Dvos spot until he's back (I hope everything is ok and can be settled as quick as possible, but we don't want him back until he's ready either). I'm hoping, as well, that Rita can do what Hemsky did last year. I mean the RPM line played good together for what 30 games? That means they haven't even been tested through a full HALF season. But if Dvo isn't back perhaps we see these lines:
Smyth-York/Horcoff-Hemsky
Izzy-York/Horcoff-Rita

???
OR if SMyth did play center:
Izzy-Smyth-Hemksy
Rita-Horcoff-York (who's better on the wing they don't normaly play? York or Rita? Or heck, even Horcoff).

Old
09-30-2003, 07:18 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I wouldn't be suprised to see Rita get Dvos spot until he's back (I hope everything is ok and can be settled as quick as possible, but we don't want him back until he's ready either). I'm hoping, as well, that Rita can do what Hemsky did last year. I mean the RPM line played good together for what 30 games? That means they haven't even been tested through a full HALF season. But if Dvo isn't back perhaps we see these lines:
Smyth-York/Horcoff-Hemsky
Izzy-York/Horcoff-Rita

???
OR if SMyth did play center:
Izzy-Smyth-Hemksy
Rita-Horcoff-York (who's better on the wing they don't normaly play? York or Rita? Or heck, even Horcoff).
He will be back by the end of the week.

Closed Thread