HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hell is Everybody's Problem with Mike Richards?

Old
05-21-2010, 06:54 PM
hockeyfanz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Let's face it, we're fans that already have a tendency to over-analyze/discuss hockey...thus why we are here on HFboards. On top of the media sensationalizing absolutely everything, it trickles back to here and people regurgitate it. Issues usually only go away after the magnifying glass has completely burnt out the focused target. It's become beyond ridiculous.

Scott Stevens completely changed the fate of this team forever. One player with a fierce competitive spirit, and i'll be damned if i'm going to whine about it. He is what he is (one of the best/feared defenseman of all time), and the game would never be the same without that sense of risk.
I hate the habs as much as I love the Leafs...why would you listen to these jacka$$es....they truly believe that they have a "better team" than the caps and pens...taking away nothig from their upsets... but thats exactly what they were...am I to believe that this Hab team will dominate the East next year? Remember the Oilers run? How did they do the next year? How bout them Flames who went to the final? Sens anyone?

Now they are slamming Mike Richards...I would kill to have him captain the Leafs...he is an awesome captain...The Habs dont have a player even remotely close to the grit skill toughness combo that richards has......they drool over stiffs like hal gill, the friendly giant...

Grapes is right when he says about Ricahards..."thats how the game is meant to be played"

Now go and layout a Hab Mikey

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Gillthesquid

Richards delivers a fat hit. I am a habs fan. All we are thinking is like ok boys stay near the boards dont put your head down and well it should all be ok. Richards is on um good luck third line. I don't like seeing any player knocked out with an injury. Still a good hit is a good hit. just when playing the fliers you gotta keep your eyes open ask AK46.

Richards is a great captain and power forward. Any and every team would be happy to have him. That and he is no Cooke. Now he good sir is a dirty player. The Lecavelier hit.

Gillthesquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Just watched it. Cherry ended it with saying that's how you play the game tho. I didn't see him have really a problem with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Well...duh. Of course he hits to hurt, why else would he hit? You're not going to have anyone thinking twice if you just give um a nudge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Cherry also says Richards plays for keeps and plays the game the right way.

If that's a criticism, I'm sure Richie would take that any day.
My post was responding to the poster saying that Habs fans think Richards hits to hurt people. It's up to the fan to love him or hate him. I personally think he's awesome, others don't like him for reasons that seemingly surrounds the aspect of his game that involves hitting to hurt.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

players who hit hard will always be criticised, since they will at one point or the other throw hits that some people will object to and call em dirty, illegal.

imo, these people are bunch of *******, big props to richards to keep this sport interesting

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillthesquid View Post
Richards delivers a fat hit. I am a habs fan. All we are thinking is like ok boys stay near the boards dont put your head down and well it should all be ok. Richards is on um good luck third line. I don't like seeing any player knocked out with an injury. Still a good hit is a good hit. just when playing the fliers you gotta keep your eyes open ask AK46.

Richards is a great captain and power forward. Any and every team would be happy to have him. That and he is no Cooke. Now he good sir is a dirty player. The Lecavelier hit.
Richards is third line? Heh.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
straka91*

Richards is a bad azz mofo, nuff said

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
MsWoof

It should be mentioned that Booth had to shut his season down after he was concussed a second time. He skates with his head down and the coaching staff recognize that and were working with him, but he got crunched again. Can't blame the hitter for an open ice, clean hit when the hittee is admiring his pass.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:29 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It should be mentioned that Booth had to shut his season down after he was concussed a second time. He skates with his head down and the coaching staff recognize that and were working with him, but he got crunched again. Can't blame the hitter for an open ice, clean hit when the hittee is admiring his pass.
By playing in the NHL, Mike Richards also caused Booth's second concussion.

It's not that complicated.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Tags27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Richards is third line? Heh.
He'd be the first AND second like center in Montreal.

Tags27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:30 AM
ReVeuF

Richards is maybe the best all-around player in the league but he is a dirty player, he hit to injure. He injured one player per serie so far, none on Habs yet but I am pretty sure he will... just a matter of time.

I'll still love to have this guy on my team.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:42 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
So we're just supposed to sit back and admire your players strutt their stuff??
NO!
The fans have the right to boooo the other team's best players (and the goalie ).

I have to admit, I hated it when your fans sang/mocked the OLE OLE chant. Which means you did a great job at it! Props to that..

Cheers to a good series!
i never said it was a dumb idea...i just find it stupid that you guys are basically booing everytime our team has the puck. Pick one player, or even 2, and boo them

plus, whats you're reason to boo Giroux and Gagne? Because they're french canadian and don't play for you team? get over yourselves

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:53 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Richards is maybe the best all-around player in the league but he is a dirty player, he hit to injure. He injured one player per serie so far, none on Habs yet but I am pretty sure he will... just a matter of time.

This is ridiculous.

Last edited by DeadPhish5858: 05-22-2010 at 09:11 AM.
DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:06 AM
JonnyGaloshes

I'd be concerned if the smurf brigade didn't think our captain was dirty. We're the Philadelphia mother.****ing Flyers.

Get 'em Richie

JonnyGaloshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
It's a dangerous combination of the internet and the New NHL bringing in a bunch of fans who can't understand how this game should be played.

Every little thing is debated and exaggerated to death.

Richards doesn't hit you in the numbers (Hollweg or Kaleta), he doesn't aim for the head (Cooke I guess is the most recent example of a headhunter), he doesn't do the stickwork (Gomez in this series has been disgraceful), he stands up for his teammates with situational fights and removes his bucket if he's fighting an honourable player.

He plays the game the right way. He's only dirty if you hate the Flyers.

But I guess in a world where Lappiere laughing like a nutbag and taunting a team he's trailing in a series to from the safety of the bench is something worth celebrating...Richards is the dirtiest **** on the planet.
Its a small thing, but its one thing I absolutely love about Richards.

Who care what Habs fans think. I'm sure they are all happy they drafted Kostitsyn in 2003. He may not have heart or play defense, but he did play score 26 goals once

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

If someone gets hit they have a possibility to get hurt... This is not pewee hockey.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Cleary84

See the sweater he's wearing? Yeah that's why.

The main boards have some of the biggest phonies and bandwagoners. If it's cool to hate a team or player then almost everyone on the main boards agree with it. It's cool to hate the Flyers.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:

Your midget team has clouded the difference between hockey and figure skating, friend.

Hitting does not make you dirty.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:02 PM
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillthesquid View Post

i wasnt even able to understand this post one bit. i think i need a new avatar to be a picture of richards hitting someone..."Delivers a
Fat Hit...What Can Ya Do?"

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
pronger has really, really cleaned up his game since coming into philly. i expected the opposite of what he has been.

briere is kind of dirty this season. i never noticed it before, and dont know if its a new trait, but damn.

edit: after the booth hit richards was different. he wasnt hitting at all, and in the next florida game, almost injured himself pulling up from a hit on weiss. if he had connected with weiss, it would have been worse than the booth hit...weiss was going up the middle right at richards with his head down. that doesnt sound like a dirty headhunter to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Believe it or not, despite throwing big hits, Mike Richards might be one of the most non-dirty Flyers. He doesn't really do dirty things. He's always trying to throw a good check, work along the boards, stop a rush, or put points up.

We don't actually have a lot of dirty players.

Pronger in his past was pretty dirty, but he isn't all that dirty here.

Hartnell and Carcillo are. I'd still say the dirtiest game I see at any point of a season is Briere when he goes into a rage. He gets really bad.
I actually kinda like when Briere gets dirty!! Man that guy is vicous with his stick some times!! But hey, he is a little guy and that is how he protects himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Your midget team has clouded the difference between hockey and figure skating, friend.

Hitting does not make you dirty.
Seriously....

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:00 PM
flyersfan1221

No problem here

Ritchie is the man...so is Pronger, Lappy, Gags, Briere, ....Ritchie does it all and I garun-dam-tee you there are 25-30 GM's around te league that would give a Pronger-like deal to get him on their team.

flyersfan1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 08:06 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Guys, apparently we have to be a soft team like the Canadiens to not be considered dirty.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:02 PM
lancer247

Briere is a pretty dirty player but if you aren't at a game you miss alot because the TV doesn't pick up a lot. For all his skill the guy makes his bread and butter around the net.

He reminds me of Joh Stockton. Most people look at him as a small skill player but he survived by being a dirty SOB and by being good at hiding it.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Macksayev
17+19 (3+72)

People hate talent on the opposing team.

People hate physical players on the opposing team.

Talent+physicality=Richards

double hate. haters gonna hate.

edit: also, people are surprised by briere's "dirtyness", he was a bit dirty when he was a Sabre, just no one ever talked about it, remember the spears on Ovechkin?

Macksayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Briere is a pretty dirty player but if you aren't at a game you miss alot because the TV doesn't pick up a lot. For all his skill the guy makes his bread and butter around the net.

He reminds me of Joh Stockton. Most people look at him as a small skill player but he survived by being a dirty SOB and by being good at hiding it.
Bang on. He can take some ugly, ugly penalties with his stick sometimes. He got suspended this year for it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Guys, apparently we have to be a soft team like the Canadiens to not be considered dirty.
With the exception of last night, the Canadiens have been playing grimey as all hell. Lotsa cheap shots. But hey, if you can get away with it, go for it.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 05-22-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
With the exception of last night, the Canadiens have been playing grimey as all hell. Lotsa cheap shots. But hey, if you can get away with it, go for it.
Seriously. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

What the hell was that ridiculous slash at Parent's ankle?

Other teams always complain about us being dirty, but really it's pretty equal across the entire league.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote