HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Rebuild poll!

View Poll Results: Rebuild?
No rebuild 6 7.69%
Semi rebuild 42 53.85%
Total rebuild 30 38.46%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
emillie

vCash: 500
Christ: Thats life, there is never a guarentee. What if the Leafs trade away a good prospect, young player and a pick for a 31 year old superstar but hes always hurt come playoff time? Or they spend lots of money to bringin prove UFA's but they always run out of gas by the 3rd round of the playoff's if they make it that far? A semi-rebuild with more UFA's doesn't guarentee a cup either. And a total rebuilding does not have to be 3-4-5 years. They could do end up doing what the Bruins did and grab 2 players in the same draft

They may get a bust pick or two, but most of those elite players are picked early. Thats the whole concept of the draft, the best players go first. It doesn't always work that way but most of the time it does. They may get a Klesla or Stefan but what if they get a Nash or a Healty the next year. I'd rather have a Klesla and a Nash then a Nolan and Palffy.

Last edited by emillie: 03-06-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old
03-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Homer J. Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
1. Hold onto our sighned players
2. Play our prospects that are ready
3. Fill the remaining holes with UFA's who are still fairly young
4. Stop trading our draft picks away
5. Improve our scouting
Totally agree

voted for "semi"
I want the "SanJoseSharks-6-months-rebuil" thing

Old
03-09-2005, 09:09 AM
emillie

Homer J. Leafs: But the Sharks spent years at the bottom of the NHL getting players liek Marleau to base their 6 month, semi-rebuild around. The Leafs don't have the player to do that with.

Old
03-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Homer J. Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by emillie
Homer J. Leafs: But the Sharks spent years at the bottom of the NHL getting players liek Marleau to base their 6 month, semi-rebuild around. The Leafs don't have the player to do that with.
true

but the Leafs have Sundin for least 4-5 years, its enough time to find (draft/trade for) a new YOUNG star player
and the 6 month are more than enough to trade the vets for younger players (and they will be able to support the new star player)

so my semi-rebuild plan is:
trade the vets, play our prospects that are ready, then look for a new star player while the Leafs have Sundin
(maybe 6 months will not do )

Old
03-10-2005, 09:09 AM
emillie

Homer J. Leafs: Sundin is already starting to slow down. Hes not the type of player a team can start a youth movement around anymore. I'd love to see them make a trade for a young star player, but those trades a very hard make and don't happen that often, I wouldn't count on it happening. Even if they go that route, in 3-4-5 years they'll have to start a total rebuild anyway, might as well start now.

Old
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Okay but did you read the full post? Honistly I don't see the point in rebuilding unless your team tanks out for more then two or three years. If you are a competive team and you are able to build a solid prospects base then there is no need to rebuild there is however a need to re-tool. The problem with the Rangers was they went out and tried to buy everybody. They never really had a solid base to start with they were missing the playoffs and decided to go out and just buy, buy, buy. And it didn't work for them. I really don't see them as totally rebuilding as much as I see them trying to dump off some of the horrid decisions they made over the past few years. Thats how I see it anyhow.
But what do you consider those teams competetive for?
If we had legitimate shots at a Stanley cup then i'd be the last one that wanted to rebuild,unfortunately that hasn't been the case.We get to final 4 twice,once we bet bounced by the mighty Sabres the next time its an overwhelming Carolina Hurricanes team we cant handle.
Thats why i would like a rebuild,i want a Stanley Cup parade not a we made the playoffs parade.

Old
03-10-2005, 04:53 PM
emillie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
Thats why i would like a rebuild,i want a Stanley Cup parade not a we made the playoffs parade.

Old
03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

I am starting to get a Sluggo feeling in our midst ..

Anyone getting the same feeling ???

Any guesses??

Last edited by Mess: 03-10-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old
03-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger

Any guesses??
You two have broken up, it's time to move on dude.

You're seeing sluggo around every corner.

Old
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese

Sorry Pep

but the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up, and that always only means 1 thing ...

Old
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:

Any guesses??
After a quick bit of research, I agree that it does look suspicious. Not conclusive, but check this out.

Posted by emillie:
Teams like the Blue Jackets who have a very lack luster defense and a young player in Klesla who would benefit from playing with Kaberle.

From an article written by sluggo:
A “hidden” bonus of Kaberle to the Jackets is that he is Czech, same as Klesla, the Jacket future franchise (though not offensive) defenseman. I’m sure the team would love to be able to pair Kaberle with the 22-year-old Rotislav Klesla as Columbus’ number one defensive pair.

Old
03-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
I tried to PM you but your box is full ... but as deputy I can see you have this situation well under control ..

How long have you known ??
After more research, I'm now 95% convinced this is in fact sluggo.

Good call Messenger.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:34 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese

If you want to chat with sluggo, he is on the message board on the Official Toronto Maple Leafs web site message board. I don't go there very often becuase it is not as good as this board. But I recall being there recently and seeing some threads started with the name Sluggo.

Closed Thread