HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which teams have money to spend?

Old
05-22-2010, 08:02 AM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
The Islanders are going to be about $9 million under the floor by July 1st. They have to re-sign Moulson, but he probably won't get more than $2 million.
I think this is a bit optimistic—though I am with you....

Dont forget that Schremp needs a new deal, and they need to decide if Bergenheim will be extended or released.

Everyone that thinks the Islanders wont be involved in free agency this year is kidding themselves. They will be at the very least $7-$8 million UNDER the FLOOR. They will be signing a goalie, and a defenseman, and my guess—one winger.

Goalie: Max $2 mil
Defenseman: Max $4 mil
Winger: Max $5 mil

I DONT see them making a play for Kovulchuk. They will pick up good value for their money. Garth Snow has hit two grand slams in picking up Streit and Moulsen and Roloson in the last two off seasons. There is no reason to believe that he won't effectively get to the cap floor with some good value moves that may not make lots of noise, but will make the team much better and stronger.

They will go after players with some size and sandpaper, allowing the younger players to develop with some protection.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote