HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins Should Move Malkin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2010, 07:50 PM
  #76
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Ovechkin disappeared for points of the season and in the playoffs. Crosby disappeared at points during the season. Every player who ever played goes cold for stretches.

You would have been better off just saying that you don't like Malkin despite how great he is because any hockey fan who doesn't think Malkin is a top-5 forward (He's probably #3 at the moment) in the NHL, just doesn't understand the game. I tried to think of a nicer way to say it, but I couldn't come up with one.
1st off i said i'm not crazy about him. never said the guy wasnt good. 2nd if you think he is as good as crosby or ovechkin you are crazy. put ovechkin on any team and they are a contender same with crosby, malkin dont think so. i'm not going to look at 15-20 games where he played without crosby and say he can lead a team on his own. the guy turns into a ghost. you would have been better off saying malkin played great the year he won the conn smyth instead of saying he is a playoff megastar. if you think he is a playoff megastar you either like him way way too much, don't know what it truly means to put up numbers year after year in the playoffs without disappearing in the most significant series or you just flat out don't know the game. tell me what classifies a playoff megastar? because its not 4 points in 07, 22 points in 08, 36 with a conn smyth in 09 and then just 11 this year? outside of that conn smyth year he has either been good or nothing at all. mike cammalleri has 18 points already in the 3rd game of the east finals. if you think malkin is a megastar in the playoffs you must think cammalleri is on his way to being the best ever. dont tell me i dont know the game because you overrate malkin in the playoffs

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 12:02 AM
  #77
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
1st off i said i'm not crazy about him. never said the guy wasnt good. 2nd if you think he is as good as crosby or ovechkin you are crazy. put ovechkin on any team and they are a contender same with crosby, malkin dont think so. i'm not going to look at 15-20 games where he played without crosby and say he can lead a team on his own. the guy turns into a ghost. you would have been better off saying malkin played great the year he won the conn smyth instead of saying he is a playoff megastar. if you think he is a playoff megastar you either like him way way too much, don't know what it truly means to put up numbers year after year in the playoffs without disappearing in the most significant series or you just flat out don't know the game. tell me what classifies a playoff megastar? because its not 4 points in 07, 22 points in 08, 36 with a conn smyth in 09 and then just 11 this year? outside of that conn smyth year he has either been good or nothing at all. mike cammalleri has 18 points already in the 3rd game of the east finals. if you think malkin is a megastar in the playoffs you must think cammalleri is on his way to being the best ever. dont tell me i dont know the game because you overrate malkin in the playoffs
Let's see, Malkin took the trophy as playoffs MVP and he's currently 24 years old. Yes, that's a playoffs megastar. Because you claim he disappears doesn't make it so.

I never said he was the equal of Crosby and Ovechkin. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I called him the 3rd best forward in the game, behind them.

Face it, you don't like one of the best players in the world, a fellow who barring injury is a mortal lock to make the Hall of Fame.

Comparing him to Camalleri is more evidence that you just don't get it. I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking him but you have a severe blind spot for not recognizing a truly great player. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees with an opinion such as yours. The reason is that your opinion defies logic and evidence.

How many Rangers forwards that have come around in the last 40 years are better than Malkin? Gretzky was at the end of the line as a Ranger. Messier is the only one and he was not original Rangers property, nor a kid when he was here. I can't think of one.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 12:37 AM
  #78
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
ick, Malkin.


If Pittsburgh is smart, they won't trade him now, considering his trade value's most likely at an all-time low and will almost certainly go back up when he rebounds from this year

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:16 PM
  #79
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Let's see, Malkin took the trophy as playoffs MVP and he's currently 24 years old. Yes, that's a playoffs megastar. Because you claim he disappears doesn't make it so.

I never said he was the equal of Crosby and Ovechkin. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I called him the 3rd best forward in the game, behind them.

Face it, you don't like one of the best players in the world, a fellow who barring injury is a mortal lock to make the Hall of Fame.

Comparing him to Camalleri is more evidence that you just don't get it. I'm sure you have your reasons for not liking him but you have a severe blind spot for not recognizing a truly great player. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who agrees with an opinion such as yours. The reason is that your opinion defies logic and evidence.

How many Rangers forwards that have come around in the last 40 years are better than Malkin? Gretzky was at the end of the line as a Ranger. Messier is the only one and he was not original Rangers property, nor a kid when he was here. I can't think of one.
please tell me what made him a playoff megastar this year and the 2 years before he won the conn smyth. now i think i get your logic. if you are young and win the conn smyth you are a playoff megastar. forget about the rest of your career, you never have to make it back to the playoffs and dominate ever again, just do it once and bam you are among the absolute elite... all because of 1 year. you are defining playoff megastar all because of someones accomplishments in 1 year. if i'm wrong please tell me what you think makes a playoff megastar.
and lets get this straight, its true i dont like him but dont let that fool you as to why i dont want him on the rangers. unless he would be playing with gaborik or any other top player in the game, the guy would not do as well. imo he wont produce top points if he is "the guy". and also imo i dont think he wants to go anywhere where he has to be the guy. which is why i say he reminds me of hossa. and if he ever was on the rangers i still would not like him but i would cheer for him.
my point about cammalleri is that he's having a good year, you must think he is a megastar. because you overrate someones playoff stats.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:35 PM
  #80
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
please tell me what made him a playoff megastar this year and the 2 years before he won the conn smyth. now i think i get your logic. if you are young and win the conn smyth you are a playoff megastar. forget about the rest of your career, you never have to make it back to the playoffs and dominate ever again, just do it once and bam you are among the absolute elite... all because of 1 year. you are defining playoff megastar all because of someones accomplishments in 1 year. if i'm wrong please tell me what you think makes a playoff megastar.
and lets get this straight, its true i dont like him but dont let that fool you as to why i dont want him on the rangers. unless he would be playing with gaborik or any other top player in the game, the guy would not do as well. imo he wont produce top points if he is "the guy". and also imo i dont think he wants to go anywhere where he has to be the guy. which is why i say he reminds me of hossa. and if he ever was on the rangers i still would not like him but i would cheer for him.
my point about cammalleri is that he's having a good year, you must think he is a megastar. because you overrate someones playoff stats.
Evgeny Malkin has 381 points in 301 NHL regular season games.

He also has 73 points in 62 career playoff games.

All this at the age of 24.

That alone really shows how laughable your crusade against Malkin really is. Like I said, you dont like him, thats fine...but dont try to discredit a great player just because you have something against him.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 05:56 PM
  #81
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Evgeny Malkin has 381 points in 301 NHL regular season games.

He also has 73 points in 62 career playoff games.

All this at the age of 24.

That alone really shows how laughable your crusade against Malkin really is. Like I said, you dont like him, thats fine...but dont try to discredit a great player just because you have something against him.
i know its fine that i dont like him and i'm not about to start debating his regular season number again.
playoff megastars consistantly put up numbers year after year and dont take a series or a year off, malkin does both. does a playoff megastar disappear in the stanley cup finals and then talk about how tired he is... no. does a playoff megastar play bad against montreal this year? no. you make it sound really nice when you say 73 points in 62 games but like i asked before outside of the year he won the conn smyth (which i have said he played great) what about all the other years make him a megastar. 37 points in 38 games is good and thats it. megastars do it every year, not just 1. and unlike you and chosen when i look at a players playoff career i dont judge them based off of 1 year.
and if all he ever did the rest of his career was play just a little bit above average in the playoffs, would you still think he is a playoff megastar because of 1 year?
as to your point to malkin doing this all at the age of 24, brad richards won the conn smyth when he was 24, is he a playoff megastar? age has nothing to do with it. playoff megastar should be a term used when talking about someones playoff career. if you want to say malkin was a megastar in 09, that works.


Last edited by chip chipperson*: 05-21-2010 at 06:08 PM.
chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
  #82
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
There were stretches last year that lasted 2+ weeks where Malkin would just be the invisible man. He has unbelievably talent; he ranks among the players of world-class talent. But his consistency is ****, and that's just as important in being a hockey player as having actual ability. I'm sure Zherdev could score 70 points a year if he used his talent every game and constantly put a full workload each time he steps on the ice.

But he doesn't. And that makes him a worse player.

Malkin didn't hit 30 goals this year, was a -6 and has never hit 50 goals in his 4-season career. I know he was injured for a while, and I know he will hit 50 goals eventually. It's bound to happen. I'm not doubting his talent, I know he's one of the best in the world.

But don't say he is in the ranks of Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Those guys bring it every night. Every single night. And they bring so much more. A lot more that most people don't actually notice.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:31 AM
  #83
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i know its fine that i dont like him and i'm not about to start debating his regular season number again.
playoff megastars consistantly put up numbers year after year and dont take a series or a year off, malkin does both. does a playoff megastar disappear in the stanley cup finals and then talk about how tired he is... no. does a playoff megastar play bad against montreal this year? no. you make it sound really nice when you say 73 points in 62 games but like i asked before outside of the year he won the conn smyth (which i have said he played great) what about all the other years make him a megastar. 37 points in 38 games is good and thats it. megastars do it every year, not just 1. and unlike you and chosen when i look at a players playoff career i dont judge them based off of 1 year.
and if all he ever did the rest of his career was play just a little bit above average in the playoffs, would you still think he is a playoff megastar because of 1 year?
as to your point to malkin doing this all at the age of 24, brad richards won the conn smyth when he was 24, is he a playoff megastar? age has nothing to do with it. playoff megastar should be a term used when talking about someones playoff career. if you want to say malkin was a megastar in 09, that works.
Enough.

Name players that put up mega-numbers every year in the playoffs.

Just spouting opinions without providing backup is garbage.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 09:45 AM
  #84
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
There were stretches last year that lasted 2+ weeks where Malkin would just be the invisible man. He has unbelievably talent; he ranks among the players of world-class talent. But his consistency is ****, and that's just as important in being a hockey player as having actual ability. I'm sure Zherdev could score 70 points a year if he used his talent every game and constantly put a full workload each time he steps on the ice.

But he doesn't. And that makes him a worse player.

Malkin didn't hit 30 goals this year, was a -6 and has never hit 50 goals in his 4-season career. I know he was injured for a while, and I know he will hit 50 goals eventually. It's bound to happen. I'm not doubting his talent, I know he's one of the best in the world.

But don't say he is in the ranks of Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Those guys bring it every night. Every single night. And they bring so much more. A lot more that most people don't actually notice.
He's not Crosby or Ovechkin. Neither is anyone else.

Malkin has 73 points in 62 playoff games. Real disappearing act in the playoffs.

This year, with some real serious injuries, he still produced at a star level.

Not quite sure what you expect of him, but how many forwards would you accept in a one-for-one trade in the entire NHL?

Name a better and more productive forward that the Rangers have brought into the NHL in the last 50 years.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
  #85
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Enough.

Name players that put up mega-numbers every year in the playoffs.

Just spouting opinions without providing backup is garbage.
whats garbage is you not answering the question and changing the subject. i could name guys year after year that bring it in the playoffs, but im not going to because we are talking about malkin.

so i'll ask again outside of his conn smyth year what has he done to make you think he is a playoff megastar? if you cant answer it then he isn't the playoff megastar you claim him to be.

i say my opinion and to you its garbage because i'm not backing it up. if you say malkin is a playoff megastar that is your opinion and whats garbage is you avoiding the question 3 times now. i have been backing up my opinion of why i dont think he is a megastar. were not talking about anyone else here, we are talking about the guy you overrated.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:16 PM
  #86
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
He's not Crosby or Ovechkin. Neither is anyone else.

Malkin has 73 points in 62 playoff games. Real disappearing act in the playoffs.This year, with some real serious injuries, he still produced at a star level.

Not quite sure what you expect of him, but how many forwards would you accept in a one-for-one trade in the entire NHL?

Name a better and more productive forward that the Rangers have brought into the NHL in the last 50 years.
take out the 1 time he didn't disappear when he won the conn smyth and the other 3 years he was in the playoffs the guy was a ghost. started out good in 08 and then turned into the invisible man in the finals. yes he disappears

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
  #87
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
whats garbage is you not answering the question and changing the subject. i could name guys year after year that bring it in the playoffs, but im not going to because we are talking about malkin.

so i'll ask again outside of his conn smyth year what has he done to make you think he is a playoff megastar? if you cant answer it then he isn't the playoff megastar you claim him to be.

i say my opinion and to you its garbage because i'm not backing it up. if you say malkin is a playoff megastar that is your opinion and whats garbage is you avoiding the question 3 times now. i have been backing up my opinion of why i dont think he is a megastar. were not talking about anyone else here, we are talking about the guy you overrated.
I'm beginning to think that you don't even believe what you write. You make negative assertions about Malkin but can't back them up with statistical proofs. Instead, you change the argument when confronted. I offer up stats and the fact that he won a Conn Smythe to back up my assertions.

You should have just stuck with your original statement that you just don't like him even though he is the 3rd best forward in the game and a certain hall-of-famer. True or not?

If you want to deny that he is just that, we can continue to argue his relative merits but I can't mount an argument with someone who doesn't like a player even though he can't or won't say why.

I hated Bobby Clarke but would never have been silly enough to claim he wasn't a great player.

It's funny, a year ago in these forums, I read a bunch of nonsense claiming that Crosby was incredibly overrated and that Malkin was the superior player. Some idiots maintained that some Rangers forward was better than Crosby. It was so absurd that I can't remember or fathom who that player might have been.

Now we've got a few telling us that Malkin is nothing special and overrated. What will be the funny posts of the few a year from now?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 01:15 PM
  #88
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
take out the 1 time he didn't disappear when he won the conn smyth and the other 3 years he was in the playoffs the guy was a ghost. started out good in 08 and then turned into the invisible man in the finals. yes he disappears
Why not back up your opinions on Malkin?

Please name all NHL players that are better and more consistent playoff performers.

The alternative is to say "I just don't like him".

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:02 PM
  #89
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'm beginning to think that you don't even believe what you write. You make negative assertions about Malkin but can't back them up with statistical proofs. Instead, you change the argument when confronted. I offer up stats and the fact that he won a Conn Smythe to back up my assertions.

You should have just stuck with your original statement that you just don't like him even though he is the 3rd best forward in the game and a certain hall-of-famer. True or not?

If you want to deny that he is just that, we can continue to argue his relative merits but I can't mount an argument with someone who doesn't like a player even though he can't or won't say why.

I hated Bobby Clarke but would never have been silly enough to claim he wasn't a great player.

It's funny, a year ago in these forums, I read a bunch of nonsense claiming that Crosby was incredibly overrated and that Malkin was the superior player. Some idiots maintained that some Rangers forward was better than Crosby. It was so absurd that I can't remember or fathom who that player might have been.

Now we've got a few telling us that Malkin is nothing special and overrated. What will be the funny posts of the few a year from now?
so once again you didn't answer the question. what did malkin do in the other years he was in the playoffs that make you think he is a playoff megastar?

all of your post doesn't make sense at all. find me where i said he wasn't a great player? you can find a bunch where i said i dont like him but please tell me where i said he didn't have a bunch of talent. you are making things up. i even said he can be a playoff megastar in the future i'm giving him as much credit as he deserves. and another thing i absolutley hate sidney crosby's guts but havent i been saying this whole thread the he is basically in a league of his own? stop putting words in my mouth chosen. and all of a sudden now your turning it into is he a hall of famer or not? i'm not going to follow you as you try to change the subject again. how about you just answer my question.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:09 PM
  #90
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Why not back up your opinions on Malkin?

Please name all NHL players that are better and more consistent playoff performers.

The alternative is to say "I just don't like him".
jagr, sakic, forsberg, you could even put claude lemieux in there. that took me about 9 seconds and there is 4 guys already didn't even have to say gretzky or messier. those guys did it over their whole career. not once in 4 years. malkin is not there yet. yea other guys have been better than malkin. it takes a career to become a playoff megastar, 1 year does not give you that elite status.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 02:33 PM
  #91
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
jagr, sakic, forsberg, you could even put claude lemieux in there. that took me about 9 seconds and there is 4 guys already didn't even have to say gretzky or messier. those guys did it over their whole career. not once in 4 years. malkin is not there yet. yea other guys have been better than malkin. it takes a career to become a playoff megastar, 1 year does not give you that elite status.
Do you even realize that you didn't mention a single active player?

Claude Lemieux? Nice player in the Playoffs but not even close.

So, by your count, Malkin is the best cureent playoffs player. Who would have thought that you have a higher opinion of him than I do.

It's okay that you don't like him, though.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 03:57 PM
  #92
Chazoulay
Registered User
 
Chazoulay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
lol is all i have to say.
malkin --> rangers = no.

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 04:03 PM
  #93
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
ick, Malkin.


If Pittsburgh is smart, they won't trade him now, considering his trade value's most likely at an all-time low and will almost certainly go back up when he rebounds from this year
BY ALL TIME LOW DO U MEAN ONLY 2 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICKS AND NOT 3 OFFERED., PLEASE...THESE PEOPLE

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
  #94
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Do you even realize that you didn't mention a single active player?

Claude Lemieux? Nice player in the Playoffs but not even close.

So, by your count, Malkin is the best cureent playoffs player. Who would have thought that you have a higher opinion of him than I do.

It's okay that you don't like him, though.
oh so now you have to be active to be a playoff megastar. by the way jagr and forsberg are still active. malkin isn't even the best playoff performer on his own team. so just because i named guys that have built megastarish stats over their career you twist what i say into malkin is the best current playoff performer. all of your posts on this topic you have either made **** up about what i have said or twisted it so that it somehow proves your point. you are a ****ing joke. my opinion of malkin aside which is neither right or wrong, what your doing is stupid.

claude lemieux is a playoff megastar buddy. when a guy with his talent level is in the top 25 career playoff points you are more than just a nice player. and not to mention a guy of his talent level won a conn smyth put a check mark next to that on your playoff megastar criteria sheet.

i'm done talking to you dude you still havent answered my original question. for the 5th time what makes malkin a playoff megastar outside of 09? id rather get shot in the chest with diarehia than read another one of your posts that either doesn't answer my question or constantly changes the subject. i know its ok that i dont like him its also ok that you overrate players. dont bother writing another post to me unless it answers the question..... or you find proof of me saying malkin is not a great player. yea didn't forget about that chosen, still waiting.


Last edited by chip chipperson*: 05-23-2010 at 12:36 AM.
chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:48 AM
  #95
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
oh so now you have to be active to be a playoff megastar. by the way jagr and forsberg are still active. malkin isn't even the best playoff performer on his own team. so just because i named guys that have built megastarish stats over their career you twist what i say into malkin is the best current playoff performer. all of your posts on this topic you have either made **** up about what i have said or twisted it so that it somehow proves your point. you are a ****ing joke. my opinion of malkin aside which is neither right or wrong, what your doing is stupid.

claude lemieux is a playoff megastar buddy. when a guy with his talent level is in the top 25 career playoff points you are more than just a nice player. and not to mention a guy of his talent level won a conn smyth put a check mark next to that on your playoff megastar criteria sheet.

i'm done talking to you dude you still havent answered my original question. for the 5th time what makes malkin a playoff megastar outside of 09? id rather get shot in the chest with diarehia than read another one of your posts that either doesn't answer my question or constantly changes the subject. i know its ok that i dont like him its also ok that you overrate players. dont bother writing another post to me unless it answers the question..... or you find proof of me saying malkin is not a great player. yea didn't forget about that chosen, still waiting.


do you actually believe what you are saying?

Claude Lemieux?top playoff star,yes.top 25 in playoff points.superb.let Malkin play as long as he does and watch him leave Lemieuxs point total in the dust.

Malkin is a terrific player.a great playoff performer.not everyone puts up 36 points during a Stanley Cup run.




2006-2007 5 games played 4 points

2007-2008 20 games played 22 points

2008-2009 24 games played 36 points

2009-2010 13 games played 11 points

so,when did he disappear?

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 01:15 AM
  #96
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
do you actually believe what you are saying?

Claude Lemieux?top playoff star,yes.top 25 in playoff points.superb.let Malkin play as long as he does and watch him leave Lemieuxs point total in the dust.

Malkin is a terrific player.a great playoff performer.not everyone puts up 36 points during a Stanley Cup run.




2006-2007 5 games played 4 points

2007-2008 20 games played 22 points

2008-2009 24 games played 36 points

2009-2010 13 games played 11 points

so,when did he disappear?
i said malkin could be a future playoff megastar because i think that that term should be used when talking about someones career not one time in four years. so i agree with you let malkin play 20 years before we call him that specifically because outside of 09 the guy disappears. 07 08 stats look good but he was a ghost in the finals and whined about being tired. to me thats not what a playoff megastar does. he did not play like a megastar in 07 and this year and to me it takes more than 1 great year to be among the elite. what did malkin have in the 08 finals? 2 points i think. that is a disappearing act


Last edited by chip chipperson*: 05-23-2010 at 01:24 AM.
chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 01:22 AM
  #97
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i said malkin could be a future playoff megastar because i think that that term should be used when talking about someones career not one time in four years. so i agree with you let malkin play 20 years before we call him that specifically because outside of 09 the guy disappears. 07 08 stats look good but he was a ghost in the finals and whined about being tired. to me thats not what a playoff megastar does. and he did not play like a megastar in 07 and this year
20 points in 22 games is an average postseason for you then?man,you have high standards for playoff superstars..you're argument doesnt support what the stats say.11 points in 13 games is good.22 points in 20 games is great.36 points in 24 games is amazing.no reason to bring up his rookie season where he played in only 5 games.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 01:35 AM
  #98
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
20 points in 22 games is an average postseason for you then?man,you have high standards for playoff superstars..you're argument doesnt support what the stats say.11 points in 13 games is good.22 points in 20 games is great.36 points in 24 games is amazing.no reason to bring up his rookie season where he played in only 5 games.
no you have to bring up his rookie season because he only has 4 years of playoff expierience. so what your saying is, is that its alright for playoff superstars to take a series off. even if its the most significant series. 11 in 13 is good (even though i think he played bad vs montreal) 20 in 22 is good add his rookie year and outside of 09 thats all he has been, just good. if he didn't pull his disappearing acts i wouldn't even be talking right now. but he does. 2 points in the stanley cup finals is not what playoff superstars do.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 02:05 AM
  #99
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
no you have to bring up his rookie season because he only has 4 years of playoff expierience. so what your saying is, is that its alright for playoff superstars to take a series off. even if its the most significant series. 11 in 13 is good (even though i think he played bad vs montreal) 20 in 22 is good add his rookie year and outside of 09 thats all he has been, just good. if he didn't pull his disappearing acts i wouldn't even be talking right now. but he does. 2 points in the stanley cup finals is not what playoff superstars do.
in 4 years of playoff games,he has more points then games played.but you are right,hes just been good,not great.


you lose this argument so badly its not even funny.just admit you hate the guy.


the guys a superstar,period.stats back it up.your argument of him taking off series just doesnt work and is easily disputed.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 08:02 AM
  #100
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i know its fine that i dont like him and i'm not about to start debating his regular season number again.
playoff megastars consistantly put up numbers year after year and dont take a series or a year off, malkin does both. does a playoff megastar disappear in the stanley cup finals and then talk about how tired he is... no. does a playoff megastar play bad against montreal this year? no. you make it sound really nice when you say 73 points in 62 games but like i asked before outside of the year he won the conn smyth (which i have said he played great) what about all the other years make him a megastar. 37 points in 38 games is good and thats it. megastars do it every year, not just 1. and unlike you and chosen when i look at a players playoff career i dont judge them based off of 1 year.
and if all he ever did the rest of his career was play just a little bit above average in the playoffs, would you still think he is a playoff megastar because of 1 year?
as to your point to malkin doing this all at the age of 24, brad richards won the conn smyth when he was 24, is he a playoff megastar? age has nothing to do with it. playoff megastar should be a term used when talking about someones playoff career. if you want to say malkin was a megastar in 09, that works.
How unfortunate. A point by point rant in reply to this post disappeared.

Instead of re-writing it all again, I'll just say that,

1: The post above is an enormous load of crap.

2: I imagine you will grant me and everyone else that Mark Messier was one of the proverbial playoff superstars and richly deserves that moniker. Please do try and compare what he had done at Geno's age (which in his case includes 6 playoff runs), and see if you find it more impressive. Be good and remember that there was also a certain guy on that team who had 50 percent more points than Messier while playing less games, another guy scoring more in Jari Kurri and two more players in hot pursuit of Messier's totals in Anderson and Coffey.

3: Then remember that only Crosby and Zetterberg have more playoff points than Malkin over these past four years. Both of them with 7 more points, Crosby having had better linemates every year, and Zetterberg having played 15 more games.

4: If this season, a down-season for sure, is Malkin taking a year off after playing more hockey in the two preceding seasons than any other NHL skater, we're pretty blessed. Considering that he got 77 points in 67 games having Ruslan Fedotenko plus Dupuis/Talbot/AHL call-ups on his line throughout. That is 5 on 5 support that would make your own Gaborik scream.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.