HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Ray Emery

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Bruins4Ever

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Ray Emery

I have a good friend at my school, who, get this, is Ray Emery's brother!

Ray Emery is one of the best goalies in the AHL in my opinion, and I think he has a great shot at being one of the best goalies in the NHL at the prime of his career. I also really like the way he fights, and he doesn't take crap from anybody. Add all this up, and you have a goalie who will be great one day. Post your love of Ray Emery here!

Old
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
bruins4777*

He's having a rough time this season with consistency and semi-losing his job to thompson..

But i agree he is still a great prospect and should be one helluva goaltender one day. I really like him, so dumb that the sens are "worried about his temper" so dumb

Old
03-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
Post your love of Ray Emery here!
I will when his play deserves it. This season, he does not.(50th in GAA and 60th in Save percentage.)

Right now he isn't playing like a good AHL goalie, let alone a good NHL goalie.

He needs to get his head in the game.

Old
03-10-2005, 10:36 AM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

A temper is okay in net... look at miserable guys like Belfour and Hextall, they did well. I too like Emery... he'll push Prusek for a spot when the NHL resumes since I don't think Hasek will play. Emery will likely look a lot more consistent behind consistent d-man like Redden, Chara, Phillips etc.

Old
03-10-2005, 10:37 AM
ThememanXX
It's a hockey night!

Send a message via AIM to ThememanXX
Quote:
Post your love of Ray Emery here!
He's a bum this year. He needs to get back on track before it's too late.

Old
03-10-2005, 11:18 AM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
A temper is okay in net... look at miserable guys like Belfour and Hextall, they did well. I too like Emery... he'll push Prusek for a spot when the NHL resumes since I don't think Hasek will play. Emery will likely look a lot more consistent behind consistent d-man like Redden, Chara, Phillips etc.
Barring a complete collapse from Prusek it's doubtful that Emery will move ahead of Pruske on the depth chart.

Old
03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
He'll turn it around, I guarantee it. He gives me the feeling that the best is yet to come, and he probably will be a #1 goalie when he's old enough. He may be a late bloomer (Roloson) but he'll be solid.

Old
03-10-2005, 09:47 PM
bruins4777*

nah, he's already developing great, this is just one average year. He'll be a no.1 goalie in 2 or 3 years. He won't be a guy like roli.

Old
03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
I have a good friend at my school, who, get this, is Ray Emery's brother!

Ray Emery is one of the best goalies in the AHL in my opinion, and I think he has a great shot at being one of the best goalies in the NHL at the prime of his career. I also really like the way he fights, and he doesn't take crap from anybody. Add all this up, and you have a goalie who will be great one day. Post your love of Ray Emery here!
I like Emery too......good old Hamilton area kid.....Hamilton area has supplied some pretty good goalies to the NHL over the years like Ken and Dave Dryden, Don Edwards, Al Jenson and Alan Bester to name a few.....Emery will be the next one from the area to be solid NHL netminder.

Old
03-11-2005, 07:40 AM
pelts35.com

I'm a big Emery fan, but he really needs to control his temper better. I think he has a ton of potential, but his temper seems to be his downfall. I believe that Sens management thinks the same thing as well.

It will be interesting to see how he rebounds from an average season next year. His play this year certainly is not as good as it was last season.

BTW, for anyone interested, there are a number of pictures from the 2004 All-Star game of Emery at www.pelts35.com. Just click on 2004 All-Star Classic for pictures from the Skills competition and the game itself.

Closed Thread