HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Russia at the 2010 World Championship

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
  #151
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyeu View Post
Very easy to beat on their defense. Very easy to try to score against, that's if you can beat Varmalov. Do the traditional Russian ballet.
Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.

Sentinel is offline  
Old
05-20-2010, 06:32 PM
  #152
Wings4Life
Registered User
 
Wings4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.
Second cousin of Marmaladov.

Wings4Life is offline  
Old
05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
  #153
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyeu View Post
Very easy to beat on their defense. Very easy to try to score against, that's if you can beat Varmalov. Do the traditional Russian ballet and will score more goals on you, if you give too much room it can be quickly 2-0, 3-0 against a weaker team. Russian's were not able to do that in the Olympics which is clearly another weakness of this team. If you go down 2-0, they will block shots and try to diminish your chances, a new type of strategy for Russia in recent years ( i think). Then while your trying to play catch up, they'll strike a few more goals.

yeah, how easy was it to beat up on our defence for Canada today, how many goals did Canada score again?

Vladiator16 is offline  
Old
05-20-2010, 08:11 PM
  #154
Ilyeu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post

yeah, how easy was it to beat up on our defence for Canada today, how many goals did Canada score again?
It was pretty easy. Two nice goals (2-2 in the 3rd period goal wise), and some open nets and opened miss chances. Canada just didn't finish. Just like it was easy to score on you in the Olympics.

Now maybe if you answer the German fans questions, you would be more helpful.

Ilyeu is offline  
Old
05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
  #155
PensFreak
Registered User
 
PensFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
How has Geno looked over there?

PensFreak is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:16 AM
  #156
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyeu View Post
It was pretty easy. Two nice goals (2-2 in the 3rd period goal wise), and some open nets and opened miss chances. Canada just didn't finish. Just like it was easy to score on you in the Olympics.

Now maybe if you answer the German fans questions, you would be more helpful.
it was end of third period. what would you expect from them? fight till to injury at score 4-0 ? BTW it wasnt so easy to score in Torino as i remember or in Bern last year. you can make a shots from every angle ( as canadians used to do) but that dosnt mean defence is weak.

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:18 AM
  #157
Ilyeu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
it was end of third period. what would you expect from them? fight till to injury at score 4-0 ? BTW it wasnt so easy to score in Torino as i remember or in Bern last year. you can make a shots from every angle ( as canadians used to do) but that dosnt mean defence is weak.
Well, Russia can score, there's no doubt about it. Canada can score right back as they showed in 2008 against Russia. If you look at the overall picture though. Turino was it was just a bad year, Canada didn't score at all. Years previous and going foward Canda did good, so did Russia. Don't you think that this is good .

Ilyeu is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:21 AM
  #158
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,018
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
next year is the WC i believe
Unlikely at the moment.

Jussi is online now  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:23 AM
  #159
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyeu View Post
Well, Russia can score, there's no doubt about it. Canada can score right back as they showed in 2008 against Russia. If you look at the overall picture though. Turino was it was just a bad year, Canada didn't score at all. Years previous and going foward Canda did good, so did Russia. Don't you think that this is good .
you right

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:33 AM
  #160
KaylaJ
Tungsten!
 
KaylaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hell
Country: United States
Posts: 14,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFreak View Post
How has Geno looked over there?
i'd say pretty well. the team had been starting to warm up before, but once geno & datsyuk landed, it def helped. i think malkin now has 6 pts in 3 games as well



Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
Since I haven't seen much of Team Russia in this tournament, could someone please quickly sum up their strength and weaknesses?
strength, as noted before they're starting to look better. in their first games you could see they were still trying to figure each other out and in varly's first game he was a bit shaky. since then though they're doing better(though ovechkin & semin have been a bit quieter) and varly has been solid when needed

a weakness is still their 1st period. its almost like they're taking time to figure the other team out. vs finland it almost hurt them as the finns got about 4 posts and had a 5 on 3. when finland didn't score on that the tone started to change. also the finns weren't playing all their d and another got injured so a few seemed to get tired as the game went on. even today canada seemed to have quite a few good chances in the first but just couldn't put the puck in the net.


sorry i cannot go into more depth, i missed some games + when you cannot understand swedish you're probably missing some good points

KaylaJ is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 01:35 AM
  #161
KaylaJ
Tungsten!
 
KaylaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hell
Country: United States
Posts: 14,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Unlikely at the moment.
yeah, i guess i should've said that's what they're saying now, though when you haven't heard anything else about and it doesn't seem to be what anyone is talking about, its still questionable.


would rather them do it in 2012 anyway myself for reasons stated in the other thread

KaylaJ is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
  #162
omaha82
 
omaha82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Congratulations from Germany. Best team won but i`m happy that we were able to give you a hard time

omaha82 is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:31 PM
  #163
Postnova
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha82 View Post
Congratulations from Germany. Best team won but i`m happy that we were able to give you a hard time
Tk.

Good luck for tomorow.

and for bayern if you like them.

Postnova is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:34 PM
  #164
omaha82
 
omaha82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postnova View Post
Tk.

Good luck for tomorow.

and for bayern if you like them.
I usually don`t but every German football fan will be a Bayern supporter tonight

omaha82 is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:41 PM
  #165
Postnova
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha82 View Post
I usually don`t but every German football fan will be a Bayern supporter tonight
some off topic

Is bayern hated in some parts of Germany?

Postnova is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
  #166
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha82 View Post
Congratulations from Germany. Best team won but i`m happy that we were able to give you a hard time
Thank you and good luck against Sweden

kiluj is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:51 PM
  #167
omaha82
 
omaha82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postnova View Post
some off topic

Is bayern hated in some parts of Germany?
There are some stereotypes towards them (Lederhosen, very conservative, funny accent). In a way, they are our Texas

And Bayern Munich as a soccer team is usually hated amongst supporters of any other German club simply because they are the richest team that can afford the best players and wins the championship regularly.

But as i said, tonight we`re all Bavarians

omaha82 is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 02:04 PM
  #168
Talus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.
talk any sport but hockey,you're an American.

Talus is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  #169
Postnova
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha82 View Post
There are some stereotypes towards them (Lederhosen, very conservative, funny accent). In a way, they are our Texas

And Bayern Munich as a soccer team is usually hated amongst supporters of any other German club simply because they are the richest team that can afford the best players and wins the championship regularly.

But as i said, tonight we`re all Bavarians
Inter one up,close game,ht.

Postnova is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
  #170
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 1004
Malkin has scored a goal in every game so far. The Datsyuk, Malkin, Kolvachuk line is wicked.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
  #171
Devils Mike*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,989
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Kovy and Datsyuk are the 2 top puck handlers in the league while Malkin is a beast at holding the puck.

No one can take the puck away from them basically.

Devils Mike* is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
  #172
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega
 
JVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha82 View Post
I usually don`t but every German football fan will be a Bayern supporter tonight
Nope.
I was definitly not rooting for Bayern and judging from the celebration I heard
from the sports bar in my street most here weren't sad to see Bayern lose,

JVR is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
  #173
omaha82
 
omaha82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Nope.
I was definitly not rooting for Bayern and judging from the celebration I heard
from the sports bar in my street most here weren't sad to see Bayern lose,
My last OT post: I think thats sad for German football. You`ll find many Italians who hate Inter, but not so many who were rooting for Bayern today... Same goes for England and other football nations.

Back 2 topic:


omaha82 is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
  #174
i2edAlien
Registered User
 
i2edAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Canadians did quite well in that first aspect *sigh* Who is Varmalov? Fedorov's goal was quite a ballet too. But, then again, better a ballet than a typical Canadian goonery.
Video link please?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on YT. Thanks anyway.


Last edited by i2edAlien: 05-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
i2edAlien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.