HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville Predators | Dallas Stars (Olvecky, Gazdic)

Old
05-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Que Sera Sera

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Nashville Predators | Dallas Stars (Olvecky, Gazdic)

NSH | DAL

LW Luke Gazdic
4th round pick

LW Peter Ölvecký

Ölvecký had a pretty rough year with the Admirals and could probably do with a change of scenery. The Stars don't have much in the way of prospects, so this could bolster their LW prospects a little and give you a player that's pretty much NHL-ready. The Predators get a hit-or-miss player in Gazdic who will most likely be a grinder as well as an extra pick.
Thoughts?

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:34 AM
token grinder

giving anything for olvecky is too much. there are plenty of guys kust like him dallas could sign and not lose any assets. but it is a win for nashville

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Que Sera Sera

Ölvecký is a solid player who has showed flashes of brilliance in the past, and there's no reason why he should be underperforming like this. I think he'd do well in Dallas.

Old
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
We don't have a 4th round pick this year.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:00 AM
vofty

While I think that Dallas and Nashville would make great trading partners, this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Preds have a lot of PMD and Stars have a lot of scoring wingers.

While Gadzic is expendable, the Stars don't really have a need for an NHL ready LW. Even with injuries it is a position of such depth that there just isn't a need for anything resembling a LW.
Players that play LW:
Morrow
Neal
Eriksson
Ott
Petersen
Sutherby
Brunnstrom

RW on the other hand would be another story. If Barch is looking for a raise and isn't re-signed that leaves the Stars enforcer position up to either Francis Wathier or Luke Gazdic. Even though I hate Barch just as much as the next Stars fan, I just don't see how they are better options than Barch to take on some of the heavy weights in the league, I guess it all just depends on how much Barch is seeking. But I digress. I wouldn't be too sad to lose Gazdic and the Stars don't have a 4th round pick this year, but even if they did I think it would be too much to give up for a prospect that realistically may never see the NHL.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
We don't have a 4th round pick this year.
Third?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
While I think that Dallas and Nashville would make great trading partners, this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Preds have a lot of PMD and Stars have a lot of scoring wingers.

While Gadzic is expendable, the Stars don't really have a need for an NHL ready LW. Even with injuries it is a position of such depth that there just isn't a need for anything resembling a LW.
Players that play LW:
Morrow
Neal
Eriksson
Ott
Petersen
Sutherby
Brunnstrom

RW on the other hand would be another story. If Barch is looking for a raise and isn't re-signed that leaves the Stars enforcer position up to either Francis Wathier or Luke Gazdic. Even though I hate Barch just as much as the next Stars fan, I just don't see how they are better options than Barch to take on some of the heavy weights in the league, I guess it all just depends on how much Barch is seeking. But I digress. I wouldn't be too sad to lose Gazdic and the Stars don't have a 4th round pick this year, but even if they did I think it would be too much to give up for a prospect that realistically may never see the NHL.
Ölvecký already has seen the NHL, though. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. What about Ölvecký and a third for Brunnström? If I'm way off base, don't freak out, I don't know much about the Stars. But as far as I know, Brunnström hasn't lived up to expectations.

Old
05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Third?

Ölvecký already has seen the NHL, though. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. What about Ölvecký and a third for Brunnström? If I'm way off base, don't freak out, I don't know much about the Stars. But as far as I know, Brunnström hasn't lived up to expectations.
Brunnstrom had a decent rookie season 17 goals and almost 30 points.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:23 AM
vofty

I think the value of the first proposal was closer before you changed it to a 3rd. The issue is that the Stars only have 5 draft picks this draft and I don't expect them to trade any away. Who knows though it isn't like if this went down I would be terribly upset but that was provided it was the imaginary 4th we don't have and not the 3rd we do? Also can't be the 5th round, Stars are money in the 5th.

Old
05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Que Sera Sera

I was just trying to create a realistic proposal that would see a guy like Ölvecký get a change of scenery that I feel he would really benefit from. How else could this deal work? Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Old
05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I was just trying to create a realistic proposal that would see a guy like Ölvecký get a change of scenery that I feel he would really benefit from. How else could this deal work? Does anyone have any other thoughts?
Maybe get rid of Dallas' pick and add one to Nashville's side.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 12:10 PM
vofty

Well Stars would certainly do that if you added to pick from Nashville, but that would be overpayment on the Preds side just to give a prospect a change of scenery which I can't really see either. What about changing the prospects strait up or maybe adding a late round pick like a 7th from Dallas' side.

Old
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
Well Stars would certainly do that if you added to pick from Nashville, but that would be overpayment on the Preds side just to give a prospect a change of scenery which I can't really see either. What about changing the prospects strait up or maybe adding a late round pick like a 7th from Dallas' side.
Yeah, I'd do this. I like Gazdic.