HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Count Down to the waiver..

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Dancing Chicken

vCash: 500
Count Down to the waiver..

Well who will begone, we start with 4 Burke, Boucher, Bierk, and Pelletier and will finish with 2. Will it be a trade (lop sided I fear) or picked off the waiver. I hope that we will only lose one goalie because I thought some where there was a clause that a team can only lose one goalie ??

Well Monday is the freeze deadline.. At least we will know if one is traded..

Old
09-28-2003, 05:19 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
RE:Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
Well who will begone, we start with 4 Burke, Boucher, Bierk, and Pelletier and will finish with 2. Will it be a trade (lop sided I fear) or picked off the waiver. I hope that we will only lose one goalie because I thought some where there was a clause that a team can only lose one goalie ??

Well Monday is the freeze deadline.. At least we will know if one is traded..

Only one goalie can be taken. There has been a plethora of opinions in these spaces to which goalie of the top 3 should be exposed. I will leave it to you long time hockey experts in the desert as to who that chap should be.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:32 PM
PhoPhan

I just realized that if we trade Burke, we could still end up losing Pelletier. While it's unlikely someone would take him, it still worries me. Why didn't I realize that before?

Old
09-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

so many rumors over in Bruins nation that Burke goes in trade to Beantown. Is Boucher finally ready to be #1?

with the Cat stinkin' up their litterbox, I'm thinking that Burkie is getting more valuable to Mike O'Connell with every goal-against. So.......what do the Yotes ask for in return?

Old
09-28-2003, 06:01 PM
XX
... Waiting

A kings ransom

Old
09-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Dancing Chicken

To be honest I do not know. One hand alot because he is the Yotes only hope for the playoffs and star in the new building (but Doan, Hirdina and Nagy are making some noise) but then theres the dollars sence, the Yotes are rebuilding and trading Burke for lets say only a first dumps salary and gives em another pick to build from..

But our Farm is getting full and so is our team, the only thing that is missing is a young super star..

Old
09-29-2003, 05:00 AM
eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
To be honest I do not know. One hand alot because he is the Yotes only hope for the playoffs and star in the new building (but Doan, Hirdina and Nagy are making some noise) but then theres the dollars sence, the Yotes are rebuilding and trading Burke for lets say only a first dumps salary and gives em another pick to build from..

But our Farm is getting full and so is our team, the only thing that is missing is a young super star..
If Tanabe wasn't showing so much promise as a quality RD capable of QB the power play, I would have suggested Boynton for Burke and one of our young prospects would have made sense for both teams.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:24 AM
The Viking

Try this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093
Only one goalie can be taken. There has been a plethora of opinions in these spaces to which goalie of the top 3 should be exposed. I will leave it to you long time hockey experts in the desert as to who that chap should be.
Try this one on for size. Assuming no one has been traded, protect Burke and Pelletier and expose both Bierk and Boucher. I personally feel the crease is getting a little crowded in Phoenix and Springfield, so if Bierk (on a one way contract) or Boucher get picked up, the other is still available to back up Burke.

This scenario is only viable if the organization feels Pelletier is ready to make the jump to the show.

Old
09-29-2003, 08:45 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
A kings ransom
they'll ask it, but they won't get it. my guess is that Burke goes for a prospect/pick, and junk...something like this:

TO BOSTON:

Sean Burke

TO PHOENIX:

Shaone Morrisson, Marty McInnis, 3rd rounder

Old
09-29-2003, 08:58 AM
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
they'll ask it, but they won't get it. my guess is that Burke goes for a prospect/pick, and junk...something like this:

TO BOSTON:

Sean Burke

TO PHOENIX:

Shaone Morrisson, Marty McInnis, 3rd rounder
Ummmm....no thanks! Take Boucher and let he and Felix fight it out. Keep your junk.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
Ummmm....no thanks! Take Boucher and let he and Felix fight it out. Keep your junk.
McInnis was already bought out by the B's I believe. Shaone would be a nice prospect, but I think we need more than that for Burke. Otherwise, we are better off keeping him.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:47 AM
DesertDawg

with all the depth the Coyotes have they won't trade Burke and get more players that they can't play or keep on the roster. Burke is staying!

Even if 1 of the goalies is taken that would just protect the Coyote's depth... while the other team has to expose more players...

Old
09-30-2003, 05:03 AM
ducky

I had not realized Pelltier had to clear the waiver draft as well. It is more than we could expect to have BOTH him and Bierk clear waivers.

Thus, we cannot afford to trade Burke yet.

Picture us trading Burke then losing Pelltier in the waiver. That would leave Leneveau as our call up. So much for depth.

Old
09-30-2003, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky
I had not realized Pelltier had to clear the waiver draft as well. It is more than we could expect to have BOTH him and Bierk clear waivers.

Thus, we cannot afford to trade Burke yet.

Picture us trading Burke then losing Pelltier in the waiver. That would leave Leneveau as our call up. So much for depth.
Agreed, I think it's better to force the issue with our goaltending. If we trade Burke, we could still end up losing a goalie through the waiver draft. If we don't trade him, we still have that same chance. 2 goalies lost vs. 1 goalie lost.

Closed Thread