HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Endras

Old
05-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Tronador

vCash: 500
Endras

After such a great tournament and season in the DEL, are there any NHL clubs or other clubs in the KHL/Eliteserien, who are interested in Endras?

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Actually I never heard of the guy before this tournament :< I'm sure he will have eyes on him in the future but I doubt any team will jump on him straight away

vippe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
mexicohockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Actually I never heard of the guy before this tournament :< I'm sure he will have eyes on him in the future but I doubt any team will jump on him straight away
Well, unlike you many scouts are well aware of him I bet
I believe this would be a great moment to consider a move to NA, and if he's willing to play in the AHL I am sure there will be some interest.
Alongside Greiss and Grubauer, he's top notch among german tenders upside-wise. Far higher ceiling than say Timo Pielmeier after his mediocre season @ Bakersfield imho

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 11:34 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
After such a great tournament and season in the DEL, are there any NHL clubs or other clubs in the KHL/Eliteserien, who are interested in Endras?
I wouldn't be surprised if some NHL teams are interested, but I highly doubt he will play in the NHL next season. If he signs then he will probably play at least a season in the AHL before he's ready for the NHL. He does look good though, but so did that Slovenian goalie a couple years ago and he didn't really get a look by the NHL. I believe he got a SEL contract though.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Tronador

Hi,

thanks for your comments. Like i said, he also played an amazing season in the DEL with fantastic games. What i have heart is, that he is a hard working type of player, who always try to progress.

I don't think he will straight away play in the NHL, but if there is a chance to play in the AHL, KHL, Elite Serien or the Swiss league, he should take the offer.

I am sure he has the potential to play in the NHL one day.

My advice to all general managers of clubs in Russia/Sweden/Switzerland/North America: Give him an offer.

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Sanderson

I thought his regular season was actually rather average. He played lights out in this playoffs and near the end of the season, but his regular season wasn't anywhere near as strong as it was last year.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronador View Post
Hi,

thanks for your comments. Like i said, he also played an amazing season in the DEL with fantastic games. What i have heart is, that he is a hard working type of player, who always try to progress.

I don't think he will straight away play in the NHL, but if there is a chance to play in the AHL, KHL, Elite Serien or the Swiss league, he should take the offer.

I am sure he has the potential to play in the NHL one day.

My advice to all general managers of clubs in Russia/Sweden/Switzerland/North America: Give him an offer.
jeahh... that's really an eye catcher..........
The goalie market in the NHL is completely down... almost every team has to get rid of one goaltender....
I'm pretty sure the GM's just wait for chance to sign an unproofen german goaltender.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Chicagofan19

I agree with those, who wrote, that this is the time, where he should try to get a two-way contract in the NHL. He should by no means stay with Augsburg, because he's already reached everything there and there is a chance to have a brighter future on a higher level elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure, it needs very lucky circumstances to see him having icetime in the NHL next season, but it's quite conceivable that he's on of the premier AHL- goalies by then and fights his way through to earn a shot in the NHL. He definitely has the tools!

Chicagofan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Chicagofan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
jeahh... that's really an eye catcher..........
The goalie market in the NHL is completely down... almost every team has to get rid of one goaltender....
I'm pretty sure the GM's just wait for chance to sign an unproofen german goaltender.
i guess, you mean "unproven at the nhl-level"... otherwise you wouldn't be right

Chicagofan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 04:16 PM
olliho

vCash: 50
Endras is the best Keeper of the Tournament, in the Allstar Team and also the MVP of the Tournament

olliho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 04:32 PM
joe89

Our two pro leagues are pretty stocked on goalies atm(bunch of young goalies coming up in our system right now), so probably not here at least. But he has been very impressive.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Wings4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliho View Post
Endras is the best Keeper of the Tournament, in the Allstar Team and also the MVP of the Tournament
Pretty sure Vokoun will be the GK of the tourney.

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
gmaledotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
Pretty sure Vokoun will be the GK of the tourney.
Nope, apparently they chose Endras. Laughable to say the least.

gmaledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
olliho

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaledotcom View Post
and he whines again

It was decided before the Final, Vokoun had weak Games in the first Round, Endras not. OK Vokoun was great in the Final, i agree he should have the MVP, but oa Endras as the best Keeper in the Tournament ist ok.

olliho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Laughable?

1.15 GAA, .961 SV% --- playing with the German defense in front of him?

He was nothing short of incredible.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
gmaledotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Laughable?

1.15 GAA, .961 SV% --- playing with the German defense in front of him?

He was nothing short of incredible.
I'm not saying he was bad, I'm saying Vokoun was better. The German defense was bad? That's the only thing that was going for them besides goalies. Rob Zepp had 1.54 GAA .964 SV%.

Last edited by gmaledotcom: 05-23-2010 at 05:37 PM.
gmaledotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
LuigiStone*

Who is he?

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 05:56 PM
omaha82

Quote:
I'm not saying he was bad, I'm saying Vokoun was better. The German defense was bad? That's the only thing that was going for them besides goalies. Rob Zepp had 1.54 GAA .964 SV%.
The German defense was the best we ever had but they still were no comparison to bigger nations, getting a good shot at the German goal is a lot easier than vs the top nations. So Endras was the main reason for the low number of counter goals.

For those who care: He also played a crucial role for Augsburg to reach the DEL finals. Without him, they wouldn`t have had a chance. I have to say that all three German Goalies were awesome though, that`s probably the position we have to worry the least about in the next few years.

omaha82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I thought his regular season was actually rather average. He played lights out in this playoffs and near the end of the season, but his regular season wasn't anywhere near as strong as it was last year.
NOOOOO

he was good all year long. very solid, not shaky. The Stats won't say this to, but we've had some problems during the season when some players signed with other Teams and they deceided to not give all the effort that was needed. Endras was maybe our MVP. and this was his year.

WC - MVP

I think he won't go to Sweden or KHL next season. He has a contract in Augsburg and wants to play here. Only chance I see him leaving is NHL with a chance of BackUp-Spot

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 06:25 PM
teddygmr

Brian Burke was Team USA Manager and is at the World Championships. He likes to collect promising young ufa goalies and turn them over to elite Goalie coach Allaire for refinement. Perhaps he will sign Endras as well!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 06:26 PM
HemskyToHall*

I hope the Oilers sign him.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote