HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TB Draft scenarios

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2010, 02:18 AM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
TB Draft scenarios

Hi,

I can t find a thread on the lightning for the draft. What seems to be the plan? I understand you don t have a GM so it may be hard to tell.

I understand you guys have a few goalie prospects though none shine THAT brightly. The AHL affiliate had a tough season so maybe there may be a need for some D or F depth?

In any event, I can't help but notice that TB have struggled ever since losing Khabby. Is there any intention for trading for a goalie who can excell now? Is continuing to build the back end off Hedman the plan?

Old
05-23-2010, 06:36 AM
bassassin

Tokarski/Janus are both high quality goalie prospects, who played well behind an up and down team.

As for what we need, defensive depth throughout the system, top 6 winger prospects and a number 1 goalie. But I doubt we trade for a long term solution in net as management were/i would guess new ones are really high on Tik and Janus.

Old
05-23-2010, 12:08 PM
toquerasta

I'm not a Lightning fan so I wouldn't know but I'm assuming they will draft whoever's left of the "Big Four" behind Hall/Seguin (Gormley, Fowler, Gudbranson and Connolly). All four would be useful to them and they're gonna get a great player.

Old
05-23-2010, 01:31 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I would think its safe to assume that Gormley, Gudbranson, or Nino will be taken with the 6th overall.

They'll try to lure Koschechkin over, or Ramo, and wait for Tokarski/Janus.

Its funny that people love to hate on Tokarski because of his size, yet the golden boy Chet Pickard **** the bed at the WJCs and overall hasn't been as great as his draft stock suggested with the exception of, really, one year.

Kid bails Canada out in the WJC, is dominant for Spokane, and was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise lost Norfolk team and he doesn't stand out. Feh.

EDIT: I wanted to add this, though. I want Nino, and personally if I can't have Nino, i'd love to move down 2-7 slots, pick up a 2nd rounder if possible, and take Jack Campbell. This kid has something special about it, a quality that you can't really measure, just that "it" that people talk about. Hes cool, calm, collected and a fantastic goaltender, back to back golds in WJCs in two different age brackets.

Last edited by The Fear Boners: 05-23-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old
05-23-2010, 03:47 PM
toquerasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I would think its safe to assume that Gormley, Gudbranson, or Nino will be taken with the 6th overall.

Its funny that people love to hate on Tokarski because of his size, yet the golden boy Chet Pickard **** the bed at the WJCs and overall hasn't been as great as his draft stock suggested with the exception of, really, one year.

Kid bails Canada out in the WJC, is dominant for Spokane, and was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise lost Norfolk team and he doesn't stand out. Feh.

EDIT: I wanted to add this, though. I want Nino, and personally if I can't have Nino, i'd love to move down 2-7 slots, pick up a 2nd rounder if possible, and take Jack Campbell. This kid has something special about it, a quality that you can't really measure, just that "it" that people talk about. Hes cool, calm, collected and a fantastic goaltender, back to back golds in WJCs in two different age brackets.
Agree on Jack Campbell. There's just something about him, I don't pay attention to the rankings as far as him and Pickard are concerned in comparison to one another. He's gonna be good.

Old
05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post

honestly I think Tokarski is NHL ready now. Though I know I'm in the minority. He will be a star, qoute me on it. I want either Nino or Gormley at the draft. Either one would be an awesome choice. Though I have to admit I'm pulling for Gormley (though I'm probably in the minority on this too.) lol.

Old
05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Mike Smith is not a number one goaltender, thats been shown here throughout his time as a Bolt. I have zero confidence in him going into a new season as our top goalie on the depth chart.

Personally, I'd rather just bring in Chris Mason, maybe on a two year deal around $3 million per, $4 million if we had to, and let Tokarski/Janus battle it out for the backup role, the loser goes to Norfolk to be starter.

Buy Smith out for all I care.

Old
05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Staalguy

connoly if we do not get GUdbranson but i will prey to god that we get Gubranson

Old
05-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Mike Smith is not a number one goaltender, thats been shown here throughout his time as a Bolt. I have zero confidence in him going into a new season as our top goalie on the depth chart.

Personally, I'd rather just bring in Chris Mason, maybe on a two year deal around $3 million per, $4 million if we had to, and let Tokarski/Janus battle it out for the backup role, the loser goes to Norfolk to be starter.

His first season here he was spectacular up until he got injured.

Old
05-23-2010, 11:56 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post

If we sign Chris Mason at 4 million i'll ****ing murder something.

Closed Thread