HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Doug Shedden done as Leafs AHL coach??

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
As far as Shedden is concerned maybe what he did with Bell had to do with what was needed to get him going, not all players are the same because some just need a gentle push and some need to be slapped upside the head. The impression of Bell last season was that he was a big shot in the CHL and wasn't taking the AHL seriously Enough. That seems to have changed for the good.

As far as Vorobiev is concerned they are all competing for a job in the NHL ultimately, no matter where they playing, so guys are in effect competing with other players that they haven't even met yet and may have only seen on TV.
Bell has no doubt gotten his head on straight this season after being a little too much full of himself and his ego back in check after being the CHL best Dman may have hurt him more then it helped him ..

I honestly don't think players follow other players as closely as your making it out to be .. On the same team yes , I grant you that if one guy has passed you on your own team or is receiving PP time .. Last year it was Kondratiev in the Leafs system, who then became Leetch filling a NHL Dman job ..and in the future it could be someone else that Bell needs to beat out via UFA or trade or Prospect or even an undrafted Leaf Dman in the future ..

I don't see how 1 prospect is so directly related .. McCabe and Kaberle are also standing in the way of a NHL job for Bell as are his own Team mates Carlo and White but even more so .. If an injury happened at the NHL level .. You might want to be positioned as the top dog on the Farm team .. If Toronto had an injury they would never summon Vorobiev as an injury replacement ..

Shedden may not have had anything to do with Bells turnaround .. Maybe Bell's father or Fergy or teammate said something that Bell took to heart ..

The criticism here is Shedden who might be replaced next season and if that is the case how do we know that the reason for that is not directly related to his communication skills and actions to young players by his Bosses..

I firmly believe that Newy for instance being Matty Stajan's road roommate last season had more of an influence on his development then Quinn did .. IMO ..

Old
03-11-2005, 05:02 PM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Bell has no doubt gotten his head on straight this season after being a little too much full of himself and his ego back in check after being the CHL best Dman may have hurt him more then it helped him ..

I honestly don't think players follow other players as closely as your making it out to be .. On the same team yes , I grant you that if one guy has passed you on your own team or is receiving PP time .. Last year it was Kondratiev in the Leafs system, who then became Leetch filling a NHL Dman job ..and in the future it could be someone else that Bell needs to beat out via UFA or trade or Prospect or even an undrafted Leaf Dman in the future ..

I don't see how 1 prospect is so directly related .. McCabe and Kaberle are also standing in the way of a NHL job for Bell as are his own Team mates Carlo and White but even more so .. If an injury happened at the NHL level .. You might want to be positioned as the top dog on the Farm team .. If Toronto had an injury they would never summon Vorobiev as an injury replacement ..

Shedden may not have had anything to do with Bells turnaround .. Maybe Bell's father or Fergy or teammate said something that Bell took to heart ..

The criticism here is Shedden who might be replaced next season and if that is the case how do we know that the reason for that is not directly related to his communication skills and actions to young players by his Bosses..

I firmly believe that Newy for instance being Matty Stajan's road roommate last season had more of an influence on his development then Quinn did .. IMO ..
Well, someone had to have put them together as roommates.

Closed Thread