HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stephen Weiss to Toronto

Old
05-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Pukboy5kroner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
exactly,

why would toronto give up a guy who might put 50-60 next year and two prospects for that?

makes no sense what so ever.

toronto finally has a good farm, why should we give any of our good prospects up for an extra 10-15 points a season.
I believe the comment about 61 points last year was intended to show that he has had two good years in a row (61 and 60 points).

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 07:21 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 View Post
I recently made a trade proposal involving Boyes and the Maple Leafs and fans of both teams didn't seem too eager to pull the trigger on the deal (which indicates to me I may not be the best at creating proposals). Anyways, what would it take from Toronto to get Stephen Weiss? Could there be a deal centred around Grabovski++ for Weiss?

To Toronto:
Stephen Weiss

To Florida:
Mikhail Grabovski
Jesse Blacker
Jerry D'Amigo

Is this deal fair? Too much from the Leafs? Too little from the Leafs? I'm a bit reluctant to include a guy like Keith Aulie or Gunnarsson because I know Leafs fans will be pretty upset.
It's a good deal for the Leafs, I'm just not a fan of Stephen Weiss. The only good thing about this deal is that we get rid of Grabo.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 07:37 AM
81snipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
You do realize Kadri is 6'1", right?
i doubt hes 6'1, i think hes 6'0 at the tallest, and only but about 175? right now, so i would'nt consider him overly big lol

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 07:40 AM
philliekeskadrikush*

he's also got huge lungs from all the bowls that man hits out with his western friends.

philliekeskadrikush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

why should Florida trade a Top 6 Center that is worth his salary for Grabo who is overpaid by 1 million??? The Prospects aren't enough to say yes.

And don't forget it's not all about the stats.... Weiss has some leadership skills and is good TwoWay.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81snipe View Post
i doubt hes 6'1, i think hes 6'0 at the tallest, and only but about 175? right now, so i would'nt consider him overly big lol
He's 6'1 and already put up 5-10 pounds. So he's around 182-187

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
WreckItRask

I just want some clarification...are there really Leaf fans here that believe that the difference between Grabovski and Weiss is virtually negligible?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 10:56 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I just want some clarification...are there really Leaf fans here that believe that the difference between Grabovski and Weiss is virtually negligible?
Weiss is definitely better, but I also think Weiss has been a bit of a letdown offensively thus far. I mean he's putting up production similar to Matt Stajan. I expected more. Grabovski does have some really nice offensive abilities. He could outscore Weiss this coming season.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:04 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Weiss is definately a better player and Toronto would win this deal easily

But it would never happen the Leafs dont need another #2 center we already have Bozak, Grabo and Kadri that can all fit that role next year so this doesnt justify trading to decent prospects for something we already have.

Florida definitely doesnt do it because why downgrade for a couple of prospects that may or may not pan out.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
SouthFLFan79

lots of crap doesnt = good player on good contract

quantity does not equal quality

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Weiss is definitely better, but I also think Weiss has been a bit of a letdown offensively thus far. I mean he's putting up production similar to Matt Stajan. I expected more. Grabovski does have some really nice offensive abilities. He could outscore Weiss this coming season.
If you mean you are dissapointed by Weiss recent production in the past couple seasons,that would be wrong. His overall body of work...ya you could argue that after having the Yzerman comparsions coming out of JR. (but remember Stevie Y. took a long time too and was questioned as being captain material/a winner). Weiss is like Yzerman on a smaller scale in those aspects of his game ,and how he has strong doubters to his game/character makeup.

Remember he was without Booth and Horton for big stretches ,and still put up a career high in goals.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Umm, when isn't Grabo in a trade thread? I wish leaf threads would contain sans Grabo tags, so we could all stop wasting our time. When he's the sore thumb of a 29th place team (yes, all Leaf fans have made it obvious by including him in EVERY trade proposal), no right fan of another team wants to be involved in a discussion to acquire his services. Only when you are getting absolutely robbed in a trade might Grabo be a good throw in due to his negative value.

Example: Kessel to TO, 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder and Grabovski to Boston

They had their chance to pawn him off, now they're stuck with him.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Machinae

LMAO what is this crap. Leafs already traded away Matt Stajan, they don't need another one.

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 12:20 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinae View Post
LMAO what is this crap. Leafs already traded away Matt Stajan, they don't need another one.
weiss is not stajan he is better in every aspect of the game including offense

FinlandPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:57 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Link.

Weiss plays tough minutes and plays them well. The pages linked on that one back it up even more. Underrated to say the least.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Weiss isn't likely to be moved, especially for that package.
End all, be all. I just don't think Burke would trade for a player who is probably going to fall under Tallon's core. This threads sole purpose was to amuse; and let me say, it delivered.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Hermit Wizard Eater

It is a very fair deal, but if I was Florida I'd go for something with more quality.

Toronto should be all over this deal though, because in all likelihood, one of Bozak or Kadri won't pan out.

Hermit Wizard Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 07:57 AM
IrMitchell*

Wow... I can't believe some Maple Leafs fans would even try to say they wouldn't do this?

Stephen Weiss with an injury is better than Garbageski. There's a reason why he was playing on the third line for a huge part of last year, and Jesse Blacker/Jerry D'Amigo certainly do not make up for that. If we're trading Grabovski it should be for a 3rd round pick, or a decent prospect, similar to Blacker I guess. We just do not need any more center depth with Burkes top 6 bottom 6.

Other teams see our players too, it's not like it's a secret to them how they play.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote