HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Congratulations to Western Conference Champion Canucks

Old
05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Ohio Jones
Game on...

vCash: 500
Congratulations to Western Conference Champion Canucks

Damn. That's a paddlin'.

Congrats to Sean and his Canucks who sorted out their struggles form round 2 and put on a dominating display in sweeping the Division rival Calgary Flames to earn the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl and an appearance in the Stanley Cup Final.

And congratulations as well to Matthew and his Flames who, yes, got paddled in this round, but won through some tough competition in the first two rounds (if I do say so myself) and have put the team in good position to finally start digging out of the financial hell that has been Calgary's calling card the last few years.

Interesting how art imitates life, as the Blackhawks of course also won today to sweep San Jose in the NHL, while Montreal and Philly continue to dance.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Congrats to the Canucks

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:59 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Absolutely - first off - Congratulations Sean - you've built a great team and deserved to win this series (and more) - I know it was a heartbreaker for you to lose last year at this stage so I'm happy you've progressed. Very deserved.

As for the Flames - we're not exactly happy with the way this series went - dominated from the first puck drop until tonight - but overall it was an extremely successful season and one with absolutely no regrets. We've come through with over 20 million in the bank - The Flames had never won a playoff series and to go to the Conference Final and defeat two very good teams was a real accomplishment. The Flames started building in four years ago with an initial five year plan in place and we've made bold steps in that direction.

Good luck the rest of the way Sean!!

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:29 AM
PasiK

Send a message via MSN to PasiK
Congrats

I knew you win the conference, but i also know you will win cup

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Hossa

Thanks for the congrats guys.

Congratulations are in order for Matt though. I know this series didn't go the way either of us expected in terms of games, but hopefully that doesn't diminish your sense of accomplishment for the season you had. It was a breakthrough year for your Flames, and one that you were long overdue to receive from the sim. With financial stability going forward, hopefully this is the beginning of big things for the Flames.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
Congratulations are in order for Matt though. I know this series didn't go the way either of us expected in terms of games, but hopefully that doesn't diminish your sense of accomplishment for the season you had. .
Thanks Sean. The result of this series doesn't diminish the accomplishment at all. No shame in losing to the best team in the Conference. I didn't even expect to get into the playoffs, given that this is basically the same team that finished 10th last year - but I felt that I had built the squad enough and given Backstroms ratings, I had a really good shot to finish 7th or 8th. Given the quality of the teams that didn't make it, like Nashville and Colorado, that alone was enough to have made me happy. It was a bonus to win two rounds. And I really mean it. This team is still a way from the finished article I envision, but it's creeping there.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote