HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anders Lindback to Nashville (Will play in North America in 2010-11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2010, 10:00 AM
  #1
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,915
vCash: 500
Anders Lindback to Nashville (Will play in North America in 2010-11)

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...t-dromkontrakt

3 year deal, not yet finalized but should be soon.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 10:36 AM
  #2
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Great news! I really like Lindback's potential. Unless they plan on him backing up Peks next season though, I believe there is a clause in the new transfer agreement with Sweden that allows players under the age of 22 to choose to return to the SEL instead of accepting an assignment to the AHL. Could see Lindback assigned back to the SEL for next season or could see him choose to stay in North America and accept either a position rotating with Pickard in Milwaukee or even backing up Rinne if he is deemed ready.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lindback steal the starter's role from the much-heralded Jacob Markstrom two seasons ago and move to a new team to play a full season as a starter this year? Also served as the No. 3 goalie for Sweden at the World Championships the past few weeks.

It will be interesting to watch unfold, but I believe that Anders might be given a chance to play in Nashville next season behind Rinne, but there's no doubt he would have to earn that spot this summer...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 10:44 AM
  #3
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lindback steal the starter's role from the much-heralded Jacob Markstrom two seasons ago and move to a new team to play a full season as a starter this year? Also served as the No. 3 goalie for Sweden at the World Championships the past few weeks.

yes, markstrom and lindback splitted regular season in SEL, but lindback got the nod in playoffs due to better experience that year.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:08 PM
  #4
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Great news! I really like Lindback's potential. Unless they plan on him backing up Peks next season though, I believe there is a clause in the new transfer agreement with Sweden that allows players under the age of 22 to choose to return to the SEL instead of accepting an assignment to the AHL. Could see Lindback assigned back to the SEL for next season or could see him choose to stay in North America and accept either a position rotating with Pickard in Milwaukee or even backing up Rinne if he is deemed ready.

It will be interesting to watch unfold, but I believe that Anders might be given a chance to play in Nashville next season behind Rinne, but there's no doubt he would have to earn that spot this summer...
I would expect Lindback back in the SEL if he doesn't get the back-up role in Nashville. Neither Dekanich, Smith nor Pickard are NHL ready and I believe Dekanich's solid season last year put a question mark on what will happen in Milwaukee as I have a hard time seeing Jeremy Smith ending up in Cincy for another year.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
  #5
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
I would expect Lindback back in the SEL if he doesn't get the back-up role in Nashville. Neither Dekanich, Smith nor Pickard are NHL ready and I believe Dekanich's solid season last year put a question mark on what will happen in Milwaukee as I have a hard time seeing Jeremy Smith ending up in Cincy for another year.
I agree completely. I think it's likely that Lindback winds up in the SEL next year.

The Preds definitely face a crossroads here this summer. Dekanich was supposed to be the unquestioned No. 1 in Milwaukee last season, but was inconsistent and clearly will struggle to convince anyone this summer that he is ready to backup Rinne this year. Pickard showed the inconsistency of a rookie, but needs to move up the charts in MIL. That pretty much squeezes out Dekanich, but also means they need to figure out whether or not they want to go with a Pickard/Smith combo in MIL next season. Personally, I don't see that as a great option either...squeezing out Smith.

Atte Engren is also likely to be signed, but definitely will be assigned overseas for next year too.

My current belief is that Poile will bring in a veteran backup (like Legace was this season) to challenge Dekanich and possibly Lindback for the No. 2 role in Nashville with Dekanich or the vet going back to Milwaukee if they lose out and Lindback heading to the SEL if he doesn't get the job.

Dekanich is also an RFA this summer too, which opens up the possibilty of him getting traded as well...

The organizational depth chart in goal is definitely crowded this summer, but I'm not sure really where too many stand besides Rinne in Nashville and Pickard on Milwaukee to start the season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 02:29 PM
  #6
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
I think if Lindback is considered solid poile will likely try to shop Dekanich and/or Smith. Unlike having a glut of defensemen which you can cover by stocking the minors, a glut of good goalie prospects can only be juggled so long. Good problem to have... I suppose the only other feasible way to keep juggling all these prospects would be to loan out Smith to another AHL club, if thats even feasible.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:06 PM
  #7
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Dekanich is also an RFA this summer too, which opens up the possibilty of him getting traded as well...
I completely forgot about this fact, and could VERY well see this happening.

I have no problem with a Smith/Pickard tandem, although as an Ads fan, hope the Preds have a quick trigger to pick up a vet goalie if things happen go south.

The one question I do see, is what are the odds with Pekka being the clear #1, that he plays close to 85% of the games in the season? (Im thinking back to 07/08 where he played 65 games w/ Mke despite being called up to Nsh for a portion of the end of the season) If that's the case, does Dekanich assume a position a la Scott Clemenson when he was behind Brodeur in NJ?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
  #8
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
I'd shead no tears over Dekanich getting traded. Milwaukee should be there to develop Nashville's players. Pickard and Smith were the #1 goalies of their respective drafts. If Nashville believes Dekanich can be the back-up, re-up him. If not, trade him.

As for Lindback, great news, Do you think Andersson (sp?) will be signed?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:12 PM
  #9
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
I completely forgot about this fact, and could VERY well see this happening.

I have no problem with a Smith/Pickard tandem, although as an Ads fan, hope the Preds have a quick trigger to pick up a vet goalie if things happen go south.

The one question I do see, is what are the odds with Pekka being the clear #1, that he plays close to 85% of the games in the season? (Im thinking back to 07/08 where he played 65 games w/ Mke despite being called up to Nsh for a portion of the end of the season) If that's the case, does Dekanich assume a position a la Scott Clemenson when he was behind Brodeur in NJ?
Pekka is the clear cut No. 1 for Nashville now and will have to sink or swim on his own after signing his new deal. Rinne has made it clear with his play in Milwaukee and through his quotes in the media last season that he thrives on a heavy workload and I expect him to get 60+ starts next year if he stays healthy.

If Dekanich is penciled into the backup role I'd really expect Poile and Korn to figure out who will be in camp to battle with him. It clearly will not be either Pickard or Smith, but if he makes it to training camp, I could see Lindback being given that shot and maybe rotating with Dekanich in Milwaukee to keep everyone fresh and allow the team time to flesh out the situation.

Dekanich's development has clearly reached a critical stage. He is going to either need to sink or swim this season in order to avoid being surpassed and forgotten about forever...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 10:00 PM
  #10
teddygmr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Great news! I really like Lindback's potential. Unless they plan on him backing up Peks next season though, I believe there is a clause in the new transfer agreement with Sweden that allows players under the age of 22 to choose to return to the SEL instead of accepting an assignment to the AHL. Could see Lindback assigned back to the SEL for next season or could see him choose to stay in North America and accept either a position rotating with Pickard in Milwaukee or even backing up Rinne if he is deemed ready.

It will be interesting to watch unfold, but I believe that Anders might be given a chance to play in Nashville next season behind Rinne, but there's no doubt he would have to earn that spot this summer...
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=3769&lang=en
Lindback turned 22 on May 3 so could the Preds assign him to their AHL Farm team?
I'm not sure he is ready for the NHL yet but eventually he WILL be a starting goalie!
IF he makes the Preds, he and Rinne would certainly be the tallest pair of goalies in the whole NHL!

I would hope he comes over to Nashville really early to get used to living here and practicing in NHL size rink. Will the Preds have a summer Development camp for prospects this year?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 11:27 PM
  #11
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=3769&lang=en
Lindback turned 22 on May 3 so could the Preds assign him to their AHL Farm team?
I'm not sure he is ready for the NHL yet but eventually he WILL be a starting goalie!
IF he makes the Preds, he and Rinne would certainly be the tallest pair of goalies in the whole NHL!

I would hope he comes over to Nashville really early to get used to living here and practicing in NHL size rink. Will the Preds have a summer Development camp for prospects this year?
You're right. From what had read earlier I thought it applied to players 22 and under, but having gone back and read it again...it only applies to those players that are not 1st round picks and under the age of 22. Therefore, it doesn't apply to Lindback...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:41 AM
  #12
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
You're right. From what had read earlier I thought it applied to players 22 and under, but having gone back and read it again...it only applies to those players that are not 1st round picks and under the age of 22. Therefore, it doesn't apply to Lindback...
meaning he has to come over?

if so then Poile HAS to move somebody.. and probably two somebodies

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
  #13
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
meaning he has to come over?

if so then Poile HAS to move somebody.. and probably two somebodies
No, simply meaning that the team controls his development. A player falling under this clause can choose to go back to the SEL over being demoted to the minors to continue their development. Lindback might still wind up in the SEL again next season, but if so it would be a mutual decision between himself and the team.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
  #14
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, simply meaning that the team controls his development. A player falling under this clause can choose to go back to the SEL over being demoted to the minors to continue their development. Lindback might still wind up in the SEL again next season, but if so it would be a mutual decision between himself and the team.
Ok that makes sense because i know we left Pekka over there past age 22(or I thought we did anyway)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  #15
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how much\if any "trade value" Dekanich has. His ceiling is basically depth goalie. If anything, if we wanted to bring Lindback over, we would just not qualify Dekanich. Pickard and Lindback in Milwaukee, Smith in Cincinatti again(hopefully this time cementing the starting job).

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:20 PM
  #16
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm not sure how much\if any "trade value" Dekanich has. His ceiling is basically depth goalie. If anything, if we wanted to bring Lindback over, we would just not qualify Dekanich. Pickard and Lindback in Milwaukee, Smith in Cincinatti again(hopefully this time cementing the starting job).
i agree we probably would be just as well to let dekanich go unless some other team will toss us a 6th rounder for him.. or maybe we take on someone elses AHLer that isnt likely to make the bigs...

I think if Lindback appears to ne the real thing then we need to trade Smith while he's still considered a "high" prospect and we can maybe get something for him.

I fear that of we stick this kid in the ECHL for two years and he wont be seeing the quality opponents needed to develop.

Poile should sign a vet backup for next year, let Pickard and Lindback fight it out in milwaukee, with the winner becoming Pekka backup in 11-12, and the other waiting to move up in case pekka moves on after his two years are up.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
  #17
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
I quite like Lindback. Nice signing.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 08:02 PM
  #18
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'd shead no tears over Dekanich getting traded.
He has no trade value unless we're talking about a team like Chicago that's trying to win Calder Cups instead of develop their NHL team's players (which is a big part of Atlanta's problems). If we have no room for Dekanich, we'll just let him walk.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
  #19
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
It's official...

2 year entry level deal and word that Lindback will in fact play in North America this upcoming season...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
  #20
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Interesting to see the Predators put in the press release that Lindback was indeed playing in North America next season...I can only wonder if my Tweets on Monday and the discussion that followed lead to that inclusion. I'm sure I'm just being prideful, but that's an unusual tidbit to see in an official press release...

So...according to the Instant Analysis article provided by the Preds with this press release, it appears they intend on having Dekanich, Pickard, Smith, and Lindback all fighting it out for spots next season...

I'll be very disappointed as well if they do not sign Atte Engren, but at this point (must be signed by June 1) that appears to be the case.

What do you guys think...will Poile bring in a veteran netminder to compete for the role of backing up Pekka or will it be decided amongst the four tenders already under contract?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
  #21
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
I think our backup is signed right now. There is no way they go into the season with 6 goalies who would likely to be too good to play in the ECHL.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:15 AM
  #22
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Interesting to see the Predators put in the press release that Lindback was indeed playing in North America next season...I can only wonder if my Tweets on Monday and the discussion that followed lead to that inclusion. I'm sure I'm just being prideful, but that's an unusual tidbit to see in an official press release...

So...according to the Instant Analysis article provided by the Preds with this press release, it appears they intend on having Dekanich, Pickard, Smith, and Lindback all fighting it out for spots next season...

I'll be very disappointed as well if they do not sign Atte Engren, but at this point (must be signed by June 1) that appears to be the case.

What do you guys think...will Poile bring in a veteran netminder to compete for the role of backing up Pekka or will it be decided amongst the four tenders already under contract?

at first blush it sounds like poile has made up his mind to go with a youth movement but I think there will be such a glut of backup goalie FA's that Poile knows if no one stands out he can sign a servicable backup at the last minute.

Doing it this way ensures that all 4 of these guys give maximum effort. Although since Dekanich has to be qualified this summer poile could just let him walk rather than ending up stuck with him..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  #23
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
at first blush it sounds like poile has made up his mind to go with a youth movement but I think there will be such a glut of backup goalie FA's that Poile knows if no one stands out he can sign a servicable backup at the last minute.

Doing it this way ensures that all 4 of these guys give maximum effort. Although since Dekanich has to be qualified this summer poile could just let him walk rather than ending up stuck with him..
I believe the first part to be true, with a "possible maybe" about signing a vet backup if everybody else fails.

My thinking is not about this year, but more about what Poile is thinking longer term. Rinne is signed for $3.4 mil per for the next two seasons. At that point he'll be turning 30 years old. Assuming that Rinne continues his level of play or gets better (safe assumption) and that the Preds finances are not going to dramatically improve (safe assumption), Rinne will be looking for a longer term contract at a higher price than the Preds can probably afford. I'm not so sure that Rinne will be around after this current contract due to the above, so I've got to believe that Poile needs to find the next #1 goalie out of the current group and do so as soon as possible. Although signing a vet backup for this season is probably the best thing for the Preds in the coming season for success, doing so cuts down on the opportunity for everybody else. Really, seeing were everybody is in this point of their development, trying to find a #1 (or even #1 and #1A) out of this group in two years is still a pretty fair toss-up.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
  #24
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I believe the first part to be true, with a "possible maybe" about signing a vet backup if everybody else fails.

My thinking is not about this year, but more about what Poile is thinking longer term. Rinne is signed for $3.4 mil per for the next two seasons. At that point he'll be turning 30 years old. Assuming that Rinne continues his level of play or gets better (safe assumption) and that the Preds finances are not going to dramatically improve (safe assumption), Rinne will be looking for a longer term contract at a higher price than the Preds can probably afford. *snip*
With that, which of the golie prospects do you expect the team to move?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 03:15 PM
  #25
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
With that, which of the golie prospects do you expect the team to move?
I think Dekanich and Smith are gonne be the odd men out, though I can see us trying to keep everyone but maybe dek this year before makinbg the hard choices.

Pickard is penciled in as a future starter, and Lindback will get the chance to be the backup and see if he can give poile options.

one important thing that the Preds need finanically is to always have a younger, cheaper option at key positions so we cant be held hostage to someone wanting unreasonable money.

if Lindback looks decent, and Rinne wants too much cash two years from now, he moves up and pickard gets in line behind him.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.