HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers information-MZA,McD and Christensen

Old
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
I still think this team is in big trouble if theyre signing Christensen to be their 1st line center. I'd sign him to play my 3rd line, not my damn 1st line.

Look around the league and any team would beat out 1c if it is Christensen. Quite pathethic if you ask me.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Completely agreed, I can't believe I'm seeing expectations of 50-60 points from Christensen.
He was on pace for 43.5 in 82 games last season with the Rangers. 50 points wouldn't be a crazy figure for him as the Rangers first line center (if he turns out to be that).

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
ecemleafs

u guys act like its the end of the world if christensen is our 1st line center....maybe he can get us 50 points for less than a mil and we can be good....we havent been a cup contender in 15 years anyway so if things dont pan out we can just ***** some more on hfboards during the season.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I still think this team is in big trouble if theyre signing Christensen to be their 1st line center. I'd sign him to play my 3rd line, not my damn 1st line.

Look around the league and any team would beat out 1c if it is Christensen. Quite pathethic if you ask me.
Ya know what, you're probably right.

But I think this team would be in even bigger trouble long-term if they chase after yet another flavor of the month UFA to fill the at 5-6 times the price of Christensen.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
and that is my point.....people who are pulling things out of their ass and asuming he will be a 2nd line wing right off the bat are setting themselves up for disapointment

we just dont know anywhere near enough about him....better off not counting on him and being pleasently surprised if he pans out
Its a two way street kiddo, you cant say that people are pulling it out of their ass assuming he will be a 2nd liner when your doing the same thing by saying they are setting themselves up for dissapointment, your insinuating he wont be anything more than a third liner... which based on how much you have seen of him your pulling that out of your ass as well.

And as far as the bolded part that is your opinion and you entitled to it but that doesnt mean its the only one or right now. Granted alot of people here over hype but why not be excited about the possibility of this kid becoming a great player? He was the leading scorer in the SEL thats a major ****ing accomplishment.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
The expiration is next year when McD graduates from college. He was only a junior.
i thought we had until august 2011 to sign him....if thats the case than the 2011 draft would be completed by the time we lost the rights to mcdonagh meaning we would get the 42nd pick in the next draft which would be 2012.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
He was on pace for 43.5 in 82 games last season with the Rangers. 50 points wouldn't be a crazy figure for him as the Rangers first line center (if he turns out to be that).
It's certainly within the realm of possibility, but to expect that type of production is silly. People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're expecting those point totals.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's certainly within the realm of possibility, but to expect that type of production is silly. People are setting themselves up for disappointing if they're expecting those point totals.
Not if he's the first line center. Playing with Gaborik, I'd expect at least 50 points from EC if he stays there all year.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
u guys act like its the end of the world if christensen is our 1st line center....maybe he can get us 50 points for less than a mil and we can be good....we havent been a cup contender in 15 years anyway so if things dont pan out we can just ***** some more on hfboards during the season.
Really dude? Really? I'm sick and tired of the mediocre BS. I want a winning franchise, thank you very much.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Really dude? Really? I'm sick and tired of the mediocre BS. I want a winning franchise, thank you very much.
well i'll just pull a 1st line center out of my magic hat for us then, so we can stop being "mediocre"

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
I am pretty sure we all want the same thing. Unfortunately, this organization is rebuilding so getting a Cup contender next year will be difficult especially with the contracts of Drury, Rozsival and Redden. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. If Gaborik and Christensen mesh well and Christensen can put up 20 goals and 50 points then you leave him there and use some money to better another part of the team like the second line.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

Quote:
signing any center or big time Dman on the Free Agent market this summer wont make us a contender and will certainly tie our hands in a few years when we might be able to become a contender if our prospects develop.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I am pretty sure we all want the same thing. Unfortunately, this organization is rebuilding so getting a Cup contender next year will be difficult especially with the contracts of Drury, Rozsival and Redden. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. If Gaborik and Christensen mesh well and Christensen can put up 20 goals and 50 points then you leave him there and use some money to better another part of the team like the second line.
Nothing Sather has done in the past few years has suggested that rebuilding is on his mind.

He retools every single season. That is not a rebuild...far from it, in fact.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:31 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Nothing Sather has done in the past few years has suggested that rebuilding is on his mind.

hes been rebuilding while trying to remain competitive so the rangers make money...so in a sense the only rebuilding we are doing is trying to draft well and not rush the prospects.

Old
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
Its a two way street kiddo, you cant say that people are pulling it out of their ass assuming he will be a 2nd liner when your doing the same thing by saying they are setting themselves up for dissapointment, your insinuating he wont be anything more than a third liner... which based on how much you have seen of him your pulling that out of your ass as well.

And as far as the bolded part that is your opinion and you entitled to it but that doesnt mean its the only one or right now. Granted alot of people here over hype but why not be excited about the possibility of this kid becoming a great player? He was the leading scorer in the SEL thats a major ****ing accomplishment.
actually, kiddo...i never said he was going to be a third liner

nor did i claim to have seen him play

theres a difference between saying "your going to be disapointed because he's not going to be a 2nd liner" and "establishing pretty high expectations for someone you've never seen can leave you open to being disapointed"

apparently thats a riduculous concept though so i'm gonna go ahead and stop responding

consider this my revocation of my initial statement

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
What's your take on Chicago? Boston? Philadelphia? Are those winning franchises? Because non of them have won crap since well before the Rangers did.

I'm really sick of hearing this "mediocre" argument and "winning franchise" argument. What's your measure of success? Because if it's the Cup, then only 3.33% of NHL franchises are successful each year. Finals? 6.7%. Conference finals? 13.5%.

This year was a disappointment, but all of us clamoring for rebuilding, youth, etc... can't be disappointed because we probably played more rookie games last year than most of our competition.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Except for the fact that they are integrating youth every season and have been one of the youngest teams in the league the past 2 seasons. I am not saying he is good at complimenting his young players with UFA's, however he is retooling this organization.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:33 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
It's certainly within the realm of possibility, but to expect that type of production is silly. People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're expecting those point totals.
i'd be careful throwing that phrase around if i were you....

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Not if he's the first line center. Playing with Gaborik, I'd expect at least 50 points from EC if he stays there all year.
I guess. I still think it's unwise to expect that production from the guy. To each his own.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
I guess. I still think it's unwise to expect that production from the guy. To each his own.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'd rather see EC at #1, then have Sather do something like jettison Redden and sign either Marleau or Kovalchuck to some LeCavelier contract that binds our hands for another 10 years.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Except for the fact that they are integrating youth every season and have been one of the youngest teams in the league the past 2 seasons. I am not saying he is good at complimenting his young players with UFA's, however he is retooling this organization.
If I had any inclination that this was a young team that just going through growing pains as they build towards a contender, I'd be drinking the kool-aid too. I have no such delusions of grandeur, however.

With no bluechipper coming up through the system, and with Sather's propensity to throw big money at the wrong free agents, I think this team is stuck in neutral until further notice.

You seem to see some sort of rebuilding phase....I see a general manager thats joined the 21st century by holding onto youth, but is really flying by the seat of his pants when it comes to nearly every other managerial responsibility.

Old
05-24-2010, 04:46 PM
jniklast

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I'd rather see EC at #1, then have Sather do something like jettison Redden and sign either Marleau or Kovalchuck to some LeCavelier contract that binds our hands for another 10 years.
Same for me. I don't expect much from next season anyway, so all I hope is that we don't get worse for the future.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:53 PM
OverTheCap

I think re-signing Christensen as the 1st line center means they aren't going to "go for it" this year, which I think is a good sign.

No need to waste money on a 1st line center this summer when there will be better ones available next year.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 04:55 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
If I had any inclination that this was a young team that just going through growing pains as they build towards a contender, I'd be drinking the kool-aid too. I have no such delusions of grandeur, however.
I dunno - given the Rangers draft positions since the lockout, I don't think you can really have Capitals/Hawks/Pens expectations about how quickly this team can build from youth out. Staal, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky, Gilroy, etc... are all built from within and clearly the team struggled this year through blue-line inexperience. There are no top 5 blue chippers in the system because we simply haven't had those kind of draft picks. Maybe the Penguins/Hawks model of sucking so bad that you'll eventually be good is the new NHL model for franchise-building. Kind of distressing, if you ask me.

I think Stepan will be a good top six forward. I think Bourque will be a top six forward (dunno why, I just like the guy). I also think the Rangers, as an organization, are pretty deep prospect-wise - despite the fact that they have nothing elite.

Old
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

How is your boy Plekanec doing? You pounded the drum when he had a good series against the Caps. His play leveled off against Pittsburgh and has gone MIA in the Philly series. When he went up against the smallish finesse oriented Caps,Plekanec played well. Pittsburgh is bigger and grittier than the Caps. The big Flyers have handed Plekenac his lunch. He is invisible. Smallish finesse forward. No thanks.

We all want a winning team but the Rangers largesse in the summers of 2007 and 2008 are suffocating this team. Until those players and their stupid contracts are off this team,the Rangers are stuck in the mud.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote