HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

33rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Unfinished Booshness!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2010, 03:29 PM
  #851
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 13,563
vCash: 500
I used to watch this British drama online a few years ago called Skins, it was pretty good.

I have wanted to watch Archer as well, plus the League a few episodes I saw were funny. My brother keeps trying to get me into Arrested Development, but IDK I just can't.

Entourage jumped the shark for me last season. All it is is 5 minutes of advancing the storyline with 20 minutes of stupid cameos, pot smoking and Vince having sex with big breasted women. I like all that stuff, but not at the expense of the story.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
  #852
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Archer is one of the single greatest achievements of mankind.

"You blew the mission!"

"I blew Jack ****!"

"Name dropper."
"All I've had today is... like six gummy bears and some scotch."

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
  #853
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
yeah I hear ya. She has been hardly mentioned at all in this series once the first 2 episodes were done. Even in those 2 episodes she seemed to be a freakin airhead.
Heh, thank god they downsize her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I couldn't get behind 24 because the acting/writing was so pitiful that it actively irritated me.
It's a really fun show if you don't expect too much. I basically watch it to enjoy Kiefer Sutherland and to laugh at the idiocy of the rest of the show from the bad writing, to the awful acting, to the complete misrepresentations of our national security apparatus.

Plus, the rotation is getting thin, right now I have...

- Breaking Bad (season almost over)
- Party Down (best comedy on TV, but it's ending after this season I bet)
- Community (may have just jumped the shark)
- Parks and Rec (not coming back till next January).
- Mad Men (can't wait for July!)
- It's Always Sunny

I'm thinking about getting into Treme sometime as well.

EDIT: I should add that from what I've seen from Season 1 and from what I've heard, 24 is the master of the twist. I didn't see the Nina Myers one coming at all and then her murdering his wife. I also like a show that isn't afraid to kill off major characters.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 03:47 PM
  #854
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I used to watch this British drama online a few years ago called Skins, it was pretty good.

I have wanted to watch Archer as well, plus the League a few episodes I saw were funny. My brother keeps trying to get me into Arrested Development, but IDK I just can't.

Entourage jumped the shark for me last season. All it is is 5 minutes of advancing the storyline with 20 minutes of stupid cameos, pot smoking and Vince having sex with big breasted women. I like all that stuff, but not at the expense of the story.
What story?

Watching Entourage for the story is like watching porn for the acting. You're doing it wrong.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 04:33 PM
  #855
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I used to watch this British drama online a few years ago called Skins, it was pretty good.
Skins is good although the fact that the cast gets changed every two seasons hurts things in my opinion. I think they are making an American of it, which could be interesting.

Really I'm a fan of British shows in general. They are on to something with more shows and fewer episodes. They have a better quality story-wise and leave the viewer wanting more.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 04:38 PM
  #856
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It's a really fun show if you don't expect too much. I basically watch it to enjoy Kiefer Sutherland and to laugh at the idiocy of the rest of the show from the bad writing, to the awful acting, to the complete misrepresentations of our national security apparatus.
I can understand the appeal from what they do, but the dialogue is just ... ugh. And the support/secondary actors they have on their are just terrible, IMO. The front line people are fine, but all the other randoms just grated on me when I watched a couple of episodes.

Quote:
Plus, the rotation is getting thin, right now I have...

- Breaking Bad (season almost over)
- Party Down (best comedy on TV, but it's ending after this season I bet)
- Community (may have just jumped the shark)
- Parks and Rec (not coming back till next January).
- Mad Men (can't wait for July!)
- It's Always Sunny

I'm thinking about getting into Treme sometime as well.
Yeah, TV is down hill at the moment. Office is a train wreck at this point. If you don't watch it, I would highly suggest checking out 30 Rock... really a great ensemble comedy.

Jester is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
  #857
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Archer is one of the single greatest achievements of mankind.

"You blew the mission!"

"I blew Jack ****!"

"Name dropper."
Love it. My g/f actually refuses to watch it because she finds it offensive... I think this actually makes it better, IMO.

Jester is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 05:46 PM
  #858
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I can understand the appeal from what they do, but the dialogue is just ... ugh. And the support/secondary actors they have on their are just terrible, IMO. The front line people are fine, but all the other randoms just grated on me when I watched a couple of episodes.
I actually enjoy that part about it. I mean, FireHolmgren and I already covered it, but Elisha Cuthbert is just an absolutely brutal actor and the whole "kidnapping" drama was beyond horrible, but it's horrible in a laughable way for me.

Quote:
Yeah, TV is down hill at the moment. Office is a train wreck at this point. If you don't watch it, I would highly suggest checking out 30 Rock... really a great ensemble comedy.
Office killed it in Seasons 2 and 3 (CC: TJ Lavin), but has tanked since then. I do watch 30 Rock, but I thought this season was pretty bad, I have a couple specific problems with the season.

- The Jack triangle just didn't do it for me, I thought it was boring and stupid.
- I'm really tired of the Tina Fey old-maid angle. I mean, I'm 22 and I find her attractive, I'm sure literally millions of other people feel the same way, it just doesn't make sense.
- Tracy didn't have anything to do this season.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 06:50 PM
  #859
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs
 
Dougie Seguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Looking for a GM

Game 5 tonight is the news and i hope you guys can clinch it but i am doing a mock draft and i have an opening for the Flyers GM and i was wondering if anybody is interested.
Send me a PM if you are

Dougie Seguin is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
  #860
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Season 2 of the office is one of the best seasons of any show, ever.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
  #861
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,855
vCash: 500
This is really the only thread in this forum that I post in - congrats all Flyer fans on the Prince of Wales!

GopherState is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
  #862
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
This is really the only thread in this forum that I post in - congrats all Flyer fans on the Prince of Wales!
Thanks GopherState! I still love "your" thread!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 05:58 AM
  #863
Don Nachbaur 26
Registered User
 
Don Nachbaur 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
- I'm really tired of the Tina Fey old-maid angle. I mean, I'm 22 and I find her attractive, I'm sure literally millions of other people feel the same way, it just doesn't make sense.
I'm 33 and find her quite attractive. I just started watching 30 Rock...love it. My favorite scene was the morning after Kenneth's party and everyone's hung over and stuff. Alec Baldwin's hair in that scene reminded me of a woman I work with on this one particular Monday morning.

Don Nachbaur 26 is online now  
Old
05-25-2010, 07:19 AM
  #864
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 View Post
I'm 33 and find her quite attractive. I just started watching 30 Rock...love it. My favorite scene was the morning after Kenneth's party and everyone's hung over and stuff. Alec Baldwin's hair in that scene reminded me of a woman I work with on this one particular Monday morning.
Baldwin in the first 3 seasons was just phenomenal, like I said, I do think it tailed off this year, but I think a lot of that was the writing and storylines.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 09:01 AM
  #865
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
So, I was just on the train on the way into work (late actually, oops) and some guy gets on with an iPad and is on HFBoards.com

So yeah, fess up.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 09:07 AM
  #866
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
So, I was just on the train on the way into work (late actually, oops) and some guy gets on with an iPad and is on HFBoards.com

So yeah, fess up.
Are you going to post on the video game thread about NHL 11 already? You haven't told us ****.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 09:15 AM
  #867
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Are you going to post on the video game thread about NHL 11 already? You haven't told us ****.
I posted in the video game forum.

However, I'm not allowed to reveal anything new without breaking my NDA.

NHL 11 should be beast tho compared to 10.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
  #868
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I posted in the video game forum.

However, I'm not allowed to reveal anything new without breaking my NDA.

NHL 11 should be beast tho compared to 10.
*****

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
  #869
philly_28
Valar Morghulis
 
philly_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Only watched the first season so far, but "Breaking Bad" has to be the best show on TV right now.

I just couldn't believe that such an awesome show is hardly known. Me finding out about it was a pure coincidence.

Also, 30 Rock is funny as hell (speaking from the first 3 seasons, haven't seen the 4th), and Tina Fey may not be the hottest gal, but she's definitely attractive.

My favourite moment may be when Baldwin tries to knock down Jerry Seinfeld from behind, the whole scene is plain awesome comedy.

Watched 2 and a half season (yeah, I stopped mid-season) of 24. The repetivness and worsening absurdity of the already ridiculous plots absolutely killed the show for me.

philly_28 is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
  #870
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Is it gay that I want to watch the two Twilight movies? I saw a preview for the 3rd one and it looked badass.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
  #871
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Is it gay that I want to watch the two Twilight movies?
Yes. Yes, it is.

chaosof99* is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
  #872
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Is it gay that I want to watch the two Twilight movies? I saw a preview for the 3rd one and it looked badass.
Yes.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
  #873
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
Only watched the first season so far, but "Breaking Bad" has to be the best show on TV right now.

I just couldn't believe that such an awesome show is hardly known. Me finding out about it was a pure coincidence.

Also, 30 Rock is funny as hell (speaking from the first 3 seasons, haven't seen the 4th), and Tina Fey may not be the hottest gal, but she's definitely attractive.

My favourite moment may be when Baldwin tries to knock down Jerry Seinfeld from behind, the whole scene is plain awesome comedy.

Watched 2 and a half season (yeah, I stopped mid-season) of 24. The repetivness and worsening absurdity of the already ridiculous plots absolutely killed the show for me.
For me, Breaking Bad and 30 Rock are the two best shows on TV right now.

bungle is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:17 AM
  #874
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Is it gay that I want to watch the two Twilight movies? I saw a preview for the 3rd one and it looked badass.
My girlfriend forced me to sit through the first one. Do yourself a favour and forget you ever saw that trailer.

bungle is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
  #875
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
My girlfriend forced me to sit through the first one. Do yourself a favour and forget you ever saw that trailer.
Hmmmm, I hear you. I'll prolly end up watching them anyway just to see haha.

JSTAFF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.