HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Magic in the Net

Old
05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
thevoice

vCash: 500
Magic in the Net

With the goaltending carousel the Flyers have experienced this season, Emery goes down, Boucher steps up; Boucher goes down, Leighton steps up; Leighton goes down, Boucher steps up again; Boucher goes down again, Leighton steps up again. Not to mention the roles these guys played just last year. It's been magical. I was at game 2 of the Montreal series when Leighton pitched his back-to-back shut-outs and remember watching in awe during that first period when the puck just wouldn't go in for Montreal.

Anyway, the Flyers have a lot of stories going on right now, but as I thought about the magic in goal, I wanted to remember Pelle, and wish him a happy birthday.

31, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Gump.

thevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1118
Jeff Reese deserves an unending amount of credit.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Don't forget leighton is an experience goalie. He's been there through the pipes, a nomadic type of keeper.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 09:37 PM
thevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Jeff Reese deserves an unending amount of credit.
Dang! Good call. Another guy who was totally out of the loop last year and now finds himself running a RELENTLESS corps.

Old
05-24-2010, 09:41 PM
coolasprICE

Hab fan, and I come in peace.

I'm all for the underdog waiver career minor leaguer turn around story. I think it's great for him that he most likely earned the contract of his life.

If the Flyers D can protect them like they did against the Habs, you guys should be holding the Cup in a few weeks.

However, if Pronger in particular struggles against a faster, bigger and more talented roster of forwards, by either looking flat footed or taking bad penalties, than I think Leighton will have a harder time as his weaknesses will be exposed; primarily his lateral movement... and the Hawks if given the opportunity will make him move side to side.

He's a great, big goalie who will stop the 1st shot, and if the Flyers D can contain the Hawks Forwards, than he can very well win one more series.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 09:52 PM
thevoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Hab fan, and I come in peace.
I've read this somewhere before, oh yeah, last week in the Boston forum! Tell PAM19 to come check in. Tell her I haven't forgotten what she said. KARMA, Pammy, KARMA!

Old
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
tuckrr

dont forget backlund going down...

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote