HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Two Kings' Prospects make All-CCHA Team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
  #1
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,877
vCash: 500
Two Kings' Prospects make All-CCHA Team

Forwards Jeff Tambellini (Michigan) and Scott Parse (Nebraska-Omaha), both prospects of the Los Angeles Kings, have been selected to represent the All-CCHA Team (First Team).

I'd also like to mention that Jordan Sigalet, who happens to be a phenomenal goaltending prospect of the Boston Bruins was selected for the Second All-CCHA Team. He has returned this season from suffering from MS, and I'm glad to see he is getting some recognition. He plays for my alma mater, Bowling Green (where many Kings players have played... Blake, Emerson, Galley, Bylsma, M.Potvin, etc).

Here is the link with the selections... and nominees for the CCHA Scholastic Athletes, http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/03/10_010239.php

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 07:33 PM
  #2
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Forwards Jeff Tambellini (Michigan) and Scott Parse (Nebraska-Omaha), both prospects of the Los Angeles Kings, have been selected to represent the All-CCHA Team (First Team).

I'd also like to mention that Jordan Sigalet, who happens to be a phenomenal goaltending prospect of the Boston Bruins was selected for the Second All-CCHA Team. He has returned this season from suffering from MS, and I'm glad to see he is getting some recognition. He plays for my alma mater, Bowling Green (where many Kings players have played... Blake, Emerson, Galley, Bylsma, M.Potvin, etc).



Here is the link with the selections... and nominees for the CCHA Scholastic Athletes, http://www.uscho.com/news/2005/03/10_010239.php

 
Old
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
  #3
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,027
vCash: 500
Do the other college leagues have all- teams?

Just a list of who we have in each:
CCHA:
Tambellini
Parse
Guerin

ECAC:
Sullivan
Baier

Hockey East:
Boyle
Murphy

WCHA
Murray
Curry
Petiot
Zaba

Any of these guys have a chance of making an all- team? Seems Boyle and Zaba would have the best chances, but I don't know the likelihood.

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
  #4
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,877
vCash: 500
All of them usually announce their selections for the All-Conference teams some time towards the end of the season. I believe The Hockey News also includes these selections in their annual draft preview edition.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 08:24 PM
  #5
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,877
vCash: 500
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 08:47 PM
  #6
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html
Thx

AnThGrt is online now  
Old
03-10-2005, 10:32 PM
  #7
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,992
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html
Very cool. Thanks!

Dooney is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 11:01 PM
  #8
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Here is a highlight video of Boyle's big 2-goal game last week against Maine.
http://www.sdserver.net/heareplay/0309/sp586.html


On the second goal, can you say "Jason Allison"?


Nice!

Matt13 is offline  
Old
03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
  #9
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13
On the second goal, can you say "Jason Allison"?


Nice!
I had the same thought.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 12:23 AM
  #10
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Great clips, thanks for that!

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 02:03 AM
  #11
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I had the same thought.
Same here...

Among the selected players, Parse is the leading points getter.


Last edited by Albi: 03-11-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Albi is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM
  #12
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
Same here...

Among the selected players, Parse is the leading points getter.
As of this momebnt, Parse and Tambellini are tied

Quote:
Jeff Tambellini, Jr, F, UM 36 18 29 47 1.31
Scott Parse, So, F, UNO 36 18 29 47 1.31
Of course, it will change tonight

 
Old
03-11-2005, 01:52 PM
  #13
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
As of this momebnt, Parse and Tambellini are tied



Of course, it will change tonight
I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.
Quote:
First Team

Forwards
T.J. Hensick, Michigan (10 First Place Votes, 50 Points)
Jeff Tambellini, Michigan (7, 45)
Scott Parse, Nebraska-Omaha (10, 53)

Defensemen
Nathan Oystrick, Northern Michigan (4, 32)
Andy Greene, Miami (8, 49)

Goaltender
Tuomas Tarkki, Northern Michigan (6, 45)

Sam is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
  #14
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Do the other college leagues have all- teams?

Just a list of who we have in each:
CCHA:
Tambellini
Parse
Guerin

ECAC:
Sullivan
Baier

Hockey East:
Boyle
Murphy

WCHA
Murray
Curry
Petiot
Zaba

Any of these guys have a chance of making an all- team? Seems Boyle and Zaba would have the best chances, but I don't know the likelihood.
The CCHA players along with Boyle and Zaba have the best chances. Murray and Curry have missed significant time due to injuries. Petiot's been playing really well down the stretch, but he's going to have a tough time beating out guys like Carle and Skinner for the defensemen honors.

Murphy hasn't had the year that has everyone talking, so I doubt that he's going to get any consideration. Same with Mike Sullivan.

Paul Baier might get consideration for the ECAC's All-Rookie Team, but my guess is his teammate Sean Hurley is likely to get the nod over him since Hurley's had a better year.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
  #15
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.
Exactly...Thanx Sam

Ehi KJ...

J/K

Albi is offline  
Old
03-11-2005, 02:27 PM
  #16
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I think Albi meant the points from the first place votes, second place votes, etc.
Whoops!

 
Old
03-12-2005, 04:45 AM
  #17
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,877
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/video/0405/0304bo2.mov

A longer clip of the Boyle wrap-around goal. He displays how he can use his size to his advantage and create space for himself, even with a defenseman all over him.
My opinion... if he can develop some strength and improve on his balance and coordination, he will be quite a powerful and intimidating forward that can wear down opposing defenseman. If he can use his big frame more often, and take advantage of his long reach... in a few years, Boyle could fill out to be a Keith Primeau type center the Kings definitely could use.
Remember that he is only a sophomore, a couple of years removed from high school! Just keep that in mind.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
03-12-2005, 04:52 AM
  #18
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Thanx once again Ziggy!

Albi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.