HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

the west

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 11:48 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt
Yea I think that's a good 3rd line considering they won't have to score as much because of the 2 first lines and Liles is a up and comer . What's the Canuck's 3rd line look like and there 5/6 defense pairing ?
First, it makes a servicable, but not great third line. Liles and Skrastins aren't too shabby as a third pair.
But you can't defend Colorado's roster by saying -- "Look at the Canucks roster" It just doesn't work that way.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Even without Naslund & Bertuzzi, I think the Canucks are a pretty good squad. I do think people underrate the Sedin's & Cooke's ability to score, especially. The Canucks have won plenty of games when Naslund & Bertuzzi weren't playing great.

You take those two out of the lineup and you're going to have to give 18 - 20 minutes to a player who normally doesn't get that (Cooke perhaps, maybe Linden), and those two guys actually have pretty good points-per-minute statistics (Cooke would have had 65 points with 19 minutes per game, I seem to remember somebody posting, though that is a flawed statistic).

Crawford manages to get goals out of this bunch pretty much no matter what. Without the two two, things would be much worse off, but I do not feel we'd fall off the face of the planet.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous statement IMO. Am I truly being a homer to say Calgary has a top 20 d-core?
Nope,if you take a look at other teams rosters it might be hard to find 10 teams with a better D-core.
The only problem is alot of the Flames D like to hit and hit hard,with that comes injurys.

Old
09-30-2003, 08:36 AM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
St.Louis also has 20 million dollars more to spend on it's payroll.
Hey numbnuts?? Their big stars,who get paid A LOT,were the ones that were out: Pronger,Weight,Tkachuk.

Closed Thread