Never remember a Broons camp like this

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 02:49 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Never remember a Broons camp like this

so deep in and no idea what is going to happen. It actually makes things pretty interesting. Will they sign Boynton by Thursday? Will Burke find his way on the waiver draft and if so, how will the Broons get him if they so choose. Do they deal a solid prospect to the team or teams picking up front? What do they do with Shields and Potvin if they landed him? Who is the second line center? Does Bergeron go back? Is Zinovjev such a talent that he can start at the NHL level or does he go to Providence? Does Jurcina make the team without Boynton? With? Will Berard blink? Does Berard have a market in excess of the Broons?

some possible answers

Boynton- thanks to Kirk for a tremendous job in getting the quotes from Thun. If Thun is telling the truth the contract impasse would be less than a million and since he gave out actual figures, MOC could call him on it if it was BS. After he misses one game it gets sticky because then the prorated stuff comes in that Harry will make sure happens. I jsut can't believe this will last past Thursday afternoon.

GOALIES- 3 exhibition games against 3 interesting opponents/ a waiver draft that may feature two number one netminders. Reaalllly fun to watch. Hannu complicates alot of this because the Broons have to speculate just how far away he is- one year, two years, ready now...and thats of course assuming they deem him THE GUY which it seems they do. Only JJ on acid telling MOC to go get Cujo would that happen especially after another $1.5 or so mil on the books no matter what for Felix the Welcoming Mat. (hey, is that any good????)

Bergeron's next 3 games determines where he goes; and Zinovjev ditto. Boy, I really get down to it.

So what I'm saying is we'll have to check the landscape next Sunday. Right now so many questions that can't be answered at this time.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Boynton- thanks to Kirk for a tremendous job in getting the quotes from Thun. If Thun is telling the truth the contract impasse would be less than a million and since he gave out actual figures, MOC could call him on it if it was BS.
Thank you for the kind words, Dan. It's all part of the job, but it looks like something will get done on the Boynton front and soon.

Between the Sox, Patriots and Bruins- this is an exciting time for Boston sports.

Old
09-29-2003, 03:47 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Thank you for the kind words, Dan. It's all part of the job, but it looks like something will get done on the Boynton front and soon.

Between the Sox, Patriots and Bruins- this is an exciting time for Boston sports.
I am trying to figure out how to watch this Sox game tomorrow night and have clue (OK, somewhat of a clue) on Thursday morning; and then since I'm not getting out of work till 5 on Thursday and going to the Broons game at the Fleece Thursday night its possible I may pretty much miss the first two Sox games.

What is really BS is the Yankees first round schedule- 2 open friggen dates on Wed and Friday!!!! Talk about hoping for a Cubs-Yanks WS in the commish office. Gee, we get to hear and read a zillion stories on did the Babe point to centerfield before homering against the Cubs in 34. Arghhh...if the Sox had that schedule Pedro could pitch on 4 days rest in game 4 if need be. The Yankees get all the breaks- 180 mil payroll, can buy Contreas, Soriano, Matsui, Irabu, Drew Hensen. But I know this, the Sox have enough brains, money and passion to win it all shortly if not this year. I can't get over both the TV times (that screw me and millions of others who wont be able to watch in entirety) and the Yankees getting two off days when they are playing the Twins and the Sox (and A's) may have to go cross country and play games 4 and 5 on subsequent days. double rant

Old
09-29-2003, 08:49 PM
WickedBruinsGirl
I like the remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Bergeron's next 3 games determines where he goes; and Zinovjev ditto. Boy, I really get down to it.
I can't wait to see Bergeron and Zinovjev (still can't pronouce his name) play. I'll be at Thursday's game also. Next 3 games should answer some questions.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:52 AM
blurbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ

don't forget the revs!!!!!!

Old
09-30-2003, 08:38 AM
WickedBruinsGirl
I like the remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrsbruins
zinovjev = zee no vee yev.
Thanks.

Closed Thread