Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Tougher situation: Steen or Eriksson?

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2005, 11:48 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Tougher situation: Steen or Eriksson?

Looking back at this past season, who was in a tougher situation in terms of getting the opportunity to produce statistically in the SEL?

Steen played all 50 games for Modo behind...

Peter Forsberg
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Mattias Weinhandl
Petr Svartvadet

... managed 17 points playing on a checking line.

King Loui managed 14 points in 39 games for Frolunda, I'm guessing playing a similar or lesser role on a team with one NHL'er up front in PJ Axelsson.

I was wondering who was in a tougher situation, we've heard some nice words about Alexander's work ethic in practice, are his 17 points deflated because of the lockout... well, I'm sure they are, but how much of an impact has it had on his play?

Old
03-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Looking back at this past season, who was in a tougher situation in terms of getting the opportunity to produce statistically in the SEL?

Steen played all 50 games for Modo behind...

Peter Forsberg
Daniel Sedin
Henrik Sedin
Mattias Weinhandl
Petr Svartvadet

... managed 17 points playing on a checking line.

King Loui managed 14 points in 39 games for Frolunda, I'm guessing playing a similar or lesser role on a team with one NHL'er up front in PJ Axelsson.

I was wondering who was in a tougher situation, we've heard some nice words about Alexander's work ethic in practice, are his 17 points deflated because of the lockout... well, I'm sure they are, but how much of an impact has it had on his play?
Just thought I'd point out that Frolunda also added Daniel Alfredsson late January/early February(cant remember the exact date). Think the lockout definately hurt them both though.

Old
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Just thought I'd point out that Frolunda also added Daniel Alfredsson late January/early February(cant remember the exact date). Think the lockout definately hurt them both though.
Modo added Markus Naslund as well, I didn't count either because they played the whole season prior to those two guys in a similar role as they did after they arrived.

Old
03-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Carl..,

Tough to say. In one way Steen had it tougher, in another Loui ...
What I mean is that Eriksson saw ice time with NHLers PJ Axelsson and Samuel Påhlsson for a good amount of time, but also more or less no ice time at other times.

Steen on the other hand, had fewer games with quality line mates, but on the other hand overall he saw more consistent ice time.

I have probably seen 8-10 MODO games this season, and in all but one Steen has been pretty much invisible. The lockout the reason? Certainly, but definitely not entirely. Without looking at Steen's productivity, it has been very obvious that he has been nowhere near as creative this season. I know MODO fans, hockey experts etc all have been commenting Steen's mediocre play and the fact that he has acted so insecure/hesitant when in control of the puck (this is compared to previous seasons, obviously).

While his stock has certainly not increased, I only think he is having a mediocre season, just as so many prospects before him have experienced. Had it not been for the lockout, he would have been given more ice time on the special teams, and that way the chance to finding his game again would have been greater.

-----------------
As a side note, prospects like Johan Fransson, Carl Söderberg, Robert Nilsson, Johannes Salmonsson, Magnus Kahnberg have all had mediocre or poor seasons.

Closed Thread