HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Really? I don't think he's proven that at all.

I'm sure he's on this here boards in the first place to debate with YOU lol.
Not because he's a Rangers fan.
Not because he would like his favorite team AND ALL PLAYERS ON IT(even Brashear lol) to be the best possible.
Not because he sees obvious dysfunction on the team and calls it out.
...but because he wants to argue with YOU.

I think he's proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the main strategy of defending Rozsival is to chip at those who don't like how Rozsival plays when it counts-not his face, or number, or you for supporting him...I still personally like/respect any and all Rangers fans, regardless of what they claim to see. (Sincerely<>no sarcasm)

In this debate, with only one side ever showing they're willing to concede, I'd say the only side WANTING things to happen for this one is the side that a)Defends Rozsival and b)WILL NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING that's said by those that don't let his major **** ups go unseen.

It's like when people take those who simply ask questions and don't believe our government and label them as "crazy conspiracy theorists".
you've convinced me

can we put this thread to bed now?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:31 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Probably never should've started- the very title of this thread immediately sounds sarcastic as hell.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Probably never should've started- the very title of this thread immediately sounds sarcastic as hell.
There's nothing sarcastic about it.

Rozsy had a great world championship tourney, and his team came out w/ the gold. Good Job Rozsy.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post

Rozsy had a great world championship tourney, and his team came out w/ the gold. Good Job Rozsy.
He did play well under those conditions, with that team, etc...

...now back to the real harsh world that is New York City...

..wait, who was the other half of the pair in the tourney? I can't think of it.

Old
05-25-2010, 09:47 AM
czechranger

I decided to post here after quite a long time just to note that I couldn't help being impressed how Rozsival played in tournament - he was matched against the opponents best lines (czechs beated canada, sweden twice, finland) which culminated in final where he did incredible job against one of the best lines (chemistry wise) I saw in last two decades Kovalchuk-Malkin-Datsyuk (with Kovalchuk surprisingly excelling as a set up man for this line).

Simply put for gold Czech NT he was probably most important player after Vokoun (he led all team by big margin in TOI and in crucial games played over 27 min per game) playing both as an elite shutdown d-man and for me a bit surprisingly (after the season he had with rangers) as a very dangerous player in offensive zone (great passes).

I will conclude that I believe Rozsival's game when in form (extremely effective along the boards, patient, constructive, reliable positionaly, very strong physically, good anticipation, smart passing etc.) is greatly suited for play-offs where it factors as one of main parts of sound defensive strategy based on strong goalie (i.e. style Americans played in Olympics or Czechs on WCH this year, in future hopefully New York Rangers). When in form Rozsival is great shutdown d-man. For that very reason I'm simply against trading him in offseason.

Last edited by czechranger: 05-25-2010 at 10:17 AM.
czechranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:57 AM
czechranger

Quote:

He played most of the time with Tomáš Mojžíš who plays in Sweden with Modo.

czechranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechranger View Post
He played most of the time with Tomáš Mojžíš who plays in Sweden with Modo.
Well we might need Mojzis on the Rangers if we keep Rozy.

Old
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Did you watch the tournament, CH? Or are you simply dismissing every intelligent poster/report of Rozsival's success?

Rozsival was selected as the Czech's 2nd most valuable player in the tournament, behind a lights out Vokoun and ahead of Jaromir Jagr.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Malik
Rosy
Redden

Fans who booed got their karma and got it good, just when they thought it couldn't get any worse.

Good for Rosy, and also, good for his stock.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Malik
Rosy
Redden

Fans who booed got their karma and got it good, just when they thought it couldn't get any worse.

Good for Rosy, and also, good for his stock.
For the most part I believe Rosy earned the boos. Though I did think it was stupid to boo when he was announced for assists/goals.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
For the most part I believe Rosy earned the boos. Though I did think it was stupid to boo when he was announced for assists/goals.
Thats the idiocy I was referring to.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
as i posted earlier in this thread...i recall a whole bunch of times that Rosi was boo'ed when it was deserved

i can recal several times where dubi flipped him a pass to him at the point that 2 two feet in the air, and yet rozsival got boo'ed

once the fanbase has determined a player is terrible, there is very very little that can be done to change their mind

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

Quote:
Its one thing to boo if the team just plain out sucked, and gave no effort. But booing every time a guy touches a puck or is announced is plain stupid. How can you call yourself a fan? I'm sorry it just doesn't make any sense to me. You don't like the way a guy is playing for what ever reason. So lets boo him to give him more confidence to play better? Give a break.....

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

You think the Czech's win the Gold w/o Rozsival? I honestly can't say yes in confidence. That's how brilliant Rozsival played.

Quote:

Kovalchuk-Malkin-Datsyuk = A nightmare for dmen in any level of competition.

If you watched the Tourney, you would know well who his defense partner was. And he had very little to do with Rozsival's exceptional play.

Quote:
I decided to post here after quite a long time just to note that I couldn't help being impressed how Rozsival played in tournament - he was matched against the opponents best lines (czechs beated canada, sweden twice, finland) which culminated in final where he did incredible job against one of the best lines (chemistry wise) I saw in last two decades Kovalchuk-Malkin-Datsyuk (with Kovalchuk surprisingly excelling as a set up man for this line).

Simply put for gold Czech NT he was probably most important player after Vokoun (he led all team by big margin in TOI and in crucial games played over 27 min per game) playing both as an elite shutdown d-man and for me a bit surprisingly (after the season he had with rangers) as a very dangerous player in offensive zone (great passes).

I will conclude that I believe Rozsival's game when in form (extremely effective along the boards, patient, constructive, reliable positionaly, very strong physically, good anticipation, smart passing etc.) is greatly suited for play-offs where it factors as one of main parts of sound defensive strategy based on strong goalie (i.e. style Americans played in Olympics or Czechs on WCH this year, in future hopefully New York Rangers). When in form Rozsival is great shutdown d-man. For that very reason I'm simply against trading him in offseason.
No Rangers skater has seen more ice-time than Rozsival over the last half-decade. Like most professional athletes, Rozsival is prone to having slumps. But overall, he's extremely underrated. The bigger the game, the better he plays.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You think the Czech's win the Gold w/o Rozsival? I honestly can't say yes in confidence. That's how brilliant Rozsival played.

As usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Kovalchuk-Malkin-Datsyuk = A nightmare for dmen in any level of competition.

If you watched the Tourney, you would know damn well who his defense partner was. And he had very little to do with Rozsival's exceptional play.

No Rangers skater has seen more ice-time than Rozsival over the last half-decade. Like most professional athletes, Rozsival is prone to having slumps. But overall, he's extremely underrated. The bigger the game, the better he plays.
Did me and you agree? Omg, yes we did. I agree with every single sentence above. Great post.

Old
05-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
Its one thing to boo if the team just plain out sucked, and gave no effort. But booing every time a guy touches a puck or is announced is plain stupid. How can you call yourself a fan? I'm sorry it just doesn't make any sense to me. You don't like the way a guy is playing for what ever reason. So lets boo him to give him more confidence to play better? Give a break.....
I'm with you there...I can't get behind the booing every time he touches the puck. Boo him when he screws up -- I'm fine with that.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 05:22 PM
OverTheCap

I was hesitant to trade Rozy last summer, and once again, I would be hesitant to trade him this summer.

He's solid defensively and is capable of logging 25+ minutes per game if need be. He's a workhorse and has been mostly healthy during the regular season (although he's had some offseason surgery that limited his ability to play at 100% in the past). This guy is not so easy to replace.

I would not pleased whatsoever if Rozy was traded, but Redden was retained. Redden is a much bigger problem than Rozy... 4 more years on his contract, higher cap hit, and overall, just not as good a defenseman as Rozsival is at this point in his career. Unfortunately, there's a better chance that Redden will stick around, because Rozy actually has some trade value.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Celestial Black

I hope he isn't traded and I hope he continues being successful with the Rangers.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Vitto79

So on D I see most people saying keep these 3:

Staal
Del Zotto
Rozsival

Then it's a toss up with Girardi, Sanguinetti, Gilroy, Redden

I would like to see Girardi back at the right price and Redden to the minors. I want Sanguinetti to play if he is not moved for a Forward. I think Sangs and Gilroy are redundant so I think one shoul be moved in a package for a C

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

It's a double-edged sword.

In a perfect non-cap world, I'd definitely want to keep Rozsival.

I'd trade him if we get a good return and cleared 2 or more million in cap-space.

But if you keep him at 5 mil and we don't really improve the rest of the team enough, then what's the point of having him around (as a positive) if we're not good enough to make the playoffs or have a chance to win anything?

Each deal has to be looked at individually and well analyzed.

Like I've said before, it's time for Sather to get creative. That's the only way we'll see a positive change in this team before Drury and Redden's contracts are up.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:32 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Did me and you agree? Omg, yes we did. I agree with every single sentence above. Great post.
That hurts, hp, your agreement that I don't know what I'm talking about

Thanks for asking instead of telling me Fitsy, unfortunately I didn't watch but about a period's worth of the whole tourney.
It's why I didn't say if I thought he was good/bad OR that anyone was wrong/right....

ALL I said before the knowledgable and wise opened up, was that if he had a great tourney, he must've had better chemistry within that pair than what I've seen on NYR...yes, an assumption.
It's why I asked who his pair was.
**To clarify, I didn't mean that as any kind of slight to Roz, I mean that like when I say Ballard(my fav dman) looked bad because there wasn't anyone to play up to his level or compliment him so he can at least play his game. Bad chemistry is a great reason for awful play amonsgt good players....might be Rozi's problem after all?? He needs himself a suitable partner?**
Does it matter to the same real men of genius that I cheer louder for Rozi when he does something right, and I don't boo when he's announced for a point or everytime he touches the puck??? I would ASSUME it doesn't. lol
Why it should matter is that, I'm not bashing for the classic sake of bashing. I boo when it's deserved, not when YOU decide to group me with whoever.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 05-26-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

Again, if he does that with NYR, THAT'S what I care about...and if he does, I would highly doubt that even the 'bash for the sake of bashing' people would continue to give boo him.
...in which case, I'd be opposed to getting rid of him too....as long as he kept form.

..but whether you agree or not, you didn't just describe the Roszival I'm used to since he got here.
(Yes, he was worthy of his contracted $$$ the last month of the season, one great month to 20 not-so-sturdy ones)
Let's see him earn his pay, make us happy, and most importantly show that same spirit in front of Lundqvist.
...now for Redden...

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 05-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old
10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Rozsy had a very good game tonight. Solid on the blue line and stepping into a few rushes by the leafs, breaking them up. I think it was Grabovsky.

He also made a nice hard pass to Anisimov. Perfect pass to deflect.

Old
10-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yeah hats off to Rozy, Sauer and the defense as a whole.

Yes, even you, Daniel Girardi, culprit of the Toronto goal.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the entire defense was absolutely superb...thats including Gilroy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote