HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Well the good news is that they didn't increase prices for season subscribers. And, as an added bonus, the difference between subscriber prices and individual game tickets has been increased.

Old
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Ha, just got a call from my rep, NO increase in prices this year, hooray!!!!
just got a call too, they told me ticket prices are the same as last year...only thing is, 200's are only available...and im itching to become a season subscriber!!

Old
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
17futurecap

Those individual prices are insane. Everyone that wants to go to a game should just get their tickets off ticket exchange since the season subscribers can post them at the season prices. I finally got an Amex so at least I can get the free gift now, don't know if I should go with Richter or Leetch.

Old
05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

The 11 packs are apparently already sold out. :/

Old
05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
just got a call too, they told me ticket prices are the same as last year...only thing is, 200's are only available...and im itching to become a season subscriber!!
It was the same last year, and probably will again next year unless the team and economy suck worse. Basically you have to pay your dues so to speak by starting at the ends in the 200s...and then you can move up and towards the center the following year.

Old
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Those individual prices are insane. Everyone that wants to go to a game should just get their tickets off ticket exchange since the season subscribers can post them at the season prices. I finally got an Amex so at least I can get the free gift now, don't know if I should go with Richter or Leetch.
Like I said, it's definitely a bonus for season subscribers. Granted, there was never really a ton of inventory available on Ticketmaster...but now there's even less reason to buy single game tix from anywhere other than NYRTE/CL.

I'm also having a tough time deciding on Richter vs. Leetch. lol

Old
05-26-2010, 12:08 AM
mucker*

So this begs

1) Do you think STHs will drop or stay steady?
2) Do you think STHs will be sold out?

3) Were STHs sold out last year?
-I was confused because aside from the blizzard game, every other game was sold out BUT I saw emptys at many and they advertised in season STH sales...which seems contradictory.

4) About the Nashville blizzard game, I was shocked it did not sell out, and by over 4,000 seats (only 13+ attended).
-I could see it being a few hundread short, but how is it you sell out 40 games but have 1 with that many unsold (not no shows)?

Old
05-26-2010, 06:00 AM
mhurley

Could it possibly be that the Garden heard the complaints of the STHs? By setting the box office and tickemaster prices so high, they will drive business to RTE.

They get their percentage of the resale on RTE and get to hold on to all the money. They are making the fee, plus interest. They are making money on money.

I couldn't get rid of unwanted games at face value last season and MSG won't let us sell on RTE for less then face. When I had games I really need to get rid of, I sold them on Stub Hub for $5 or $10 > face. Better to get something rather then nothing.

This is a win/win.

Old
05-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Section311

I have six tickets and I'm renewing them all. I have had them since 2001 and they have never raised the prices when they don't make the playoffs. I think its crazy what an individual ticket cost but its actually good news for us. Just makes it easier to unload ours

Old
05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker* View Post
So this begs

1) Do you think STHs will drop or stay steady?
2) Do you think STHs will be sold out?

3) Were STHs sold out last year?
-I was confused because aside from the blizzard game, every other game was sold out BUT I saw emptys at many and they advertised in season STH sales...which seems contradictory.

4) About the Nashville blizzard game, I was shocked it did not sell out, and by over 4,000 seats (only 13+ attended).
-I could see it being a few hundread short, but how is it you sell out 40 games but have 1 with that many unsold (not no shows)?

1) Drop a little
2) No (unless they hold back tickets like the Mets and create mini plans around select games)
3) No
4) See #3

Old
05-27-2010, 09:10 PM
broadwayblue

So, everyone get their renewal packages in the mail today? A quick look didn't show anything too different...other than the prices actually staying the same. I did notice my ticket rep (previously Pete) looks to have changed. Biggest question at this point is whether to go for the framed autographed Leetch or Richter gift. lol

Old
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well the good news is that they didn't increase prices for season subscribers. And, as an added bonus, the difference between subscriber prices and individual game tickets has been increased.

Those prices are still outrageous.

Old
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Should be about $70 or more to buy a 400 level ticket off Ticketmaster when you include the inconvenience fees.

Old
05-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Bless This Mess

Posted this before in another thread, but I'm still looking to sell 2 tickets in Section 83, Row G. Seventh row, center ice, absolutely incredible seats. I just want to sell them for face value. The final invoice is $18,500. I am more than happy to sell the tickets to multiple parties looking to split the season, or any companies who may write off the tickets as an expense. Please PM me with any interest. Thank you.

Old
06-02-2010, 11:32 PM
mucker*

So I wonder if I can get STH this year or only the expensive seats.

Old
06-03-2010, 12:43 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throgsmack View Post
So I wonder if I can get STH this year or only the expensive seats.
Yes, you can get expensive STH.

Old
06-04-2010, 09:35 PM
nyrmetros

yes. very expensive sth

Old
06-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Im not a season ticket holder because well im a college student and only 19, and my dad was never a real hockey guy, so all that season ticket $ is invested in Jets and Yanks. Anyway, I was asked to go half with my friend in a section in the 400's for next year, (i forgot where, but know its on side where we shoot twice). I turned it down because I figure the whole relocation after renovation/construction is going to be a huge hassle like in the new meadowlands with jets and giants season ticket holders. I know this is going to be a 3-4 yr process, but I figure ill have enough money saved by then to finally get season ticks. Finally, my question is, do you think the ticket scenario and the opportunity to get season ticks is going to be ridic tough when the renovations are finally complete? Especially considering the upper bowl is being done a year after the lower bowl, and people down low might want to relocate higher due to prices?

Old
06-04-2010, 11:11 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
Im not a season ticket holder because well im a college student and only 19, and my dad was never a real hockey guy, so all that season ticket $ is invested in Jets and Yanks. Anyway, I was asked to go half with my friend in a section in the 400's for next year, (i forgot where, but know its on side where we shoot twice). I turned it down because I figure the whole relocation after renovation/construction is going to be a huge hassle like in the new meadowlands with jets and giants season ticket holders. I know this is going to be a 3-4 yr process, but I figure ill have enough money saved by then to finally get season ticks. Finally, my question is, do you think the ticket scenario and the opportunity to get season ticks is going to be ridic tough when the renovations are finally complete? Especially considering the upper bowl is being done a year after the lower bowl, and people down low might want to relocate higher due to prices?
Bottom line is the sooner you get the subscription the sooner your seats will improve. I would rather have the tickets now because you can really upgrade them in a couple of years when renewal rates are low as has been the case the last few of seasons. If you wait until after the renovation you'll be getting the worst seats (certainly value wise) and the team and economy will likely be better (at least we can hope) and you could be lucky to get them at all. If you can split 400s this year I'd go for it. If you get them now it's very unlikely you'll get bumped out of that price range...a risk that could face subscribers who sign up next summer or the year after.

Old
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
BDRangers16

My dad was moved from center ice to blue line during the renovations in 1991... Not a huge deal, but I'm sure his seats will get worse after this renovation.

Old
06-05-2010, 09:36 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Ticketdisaster (I believe they run the exchanges) still adds the fees. So, last season when I posted my tickets at $37 (face value for the 400's), I believe they listed at $49.50.

Old
06-06-2010, 07:52 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Ticketdisaster (I believe they run the exchanges) still adds the fees. So, last season when I posted my tickets at $37 (face value for the 400's), I believe they listed at $49.50.
I thought the $37 ticket became $43 on the TE ?

Old
06-06-2010, 09:31 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
Prices will go up, how much depends on how well the team plays between now and then. As for demand (I am assuming that is the ridiculously tough part), again it will be based on team performance. If they have 3 or 4 more seasons like this past year, then you'll have a plethora of seats from which to choose. If they make the play-offs and win a round every year, they will be hard to come by. The BIGGEST factor is the economy. If the job market doesn't improve, the demand will be even less. I know 4 people personally, who are giving up their season tickets because they have been out of work for over 6 months, and as much as they love going, they'd rather keep as much of their money in savings as possible. If you can afford to go in on a share now, and want to go to games, you might as well do it.

Old
06-06-2010, 09:33 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I thought the $37 ticket became $43 on the TE ?
Maybe, not 100% sure, but I thought they jumped up about $10-15.

Old
06-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Damn, I guess its going to be one of those situations where you have no clue. I mean i rather face a harder time in 3 years because the Rangers are going to win some playoff series. Im not worried about the price, its the garden, its not going to be cheap and it is always going to increase at some point. Theres nothing that can be done about that, the question for me is if seats will be available.

Closed Thread