HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enver Lisin

Old
05-26-2010, 01:31 AM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Enver Lisin

When we first traded for Lisin I was pretty content with the trade, I liked Korpikoski, but Lisin seemed to fit our needs much better.

But the more time that went by the more unhappy I became until yesterday when I really just made up my mind. I'm so unhappy we made this trade, disregarding some freak accident giving Lisin super powers, I'd much rather have Korpikoski back. I don't see how Lisin fits into the plan here anymore, if at all. At least Korpikoski was great on the PK and home grown, we should have just waited it out and waited for the offense to come. Korpikoski was a smart player, it eventually would have come.

I really believe Lisin will be in the AHL at the start of next season. He has all the tools but he has no clue what to do with them, he really is still a prospect and not an NHL player. Do you guys think he will eventually develop into something? Or did we really lose out here?

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Richter35

Ahl? Try khl, unless glen can offload his rights for a late pick. I doubt he even gets qualified. Betts for brashear and korps for lisin were two awful moves last summer

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 01:39 AM
LyNX27

I was and always will be a Korpikoski fan. Lisin took me a bit to get used to but he has to tools and the speed, he just can't put it together. Looking back Korp was the safer of the 2 but I remember looking back and noticing how many crossbars Korpikoski was hitting and feeling like his break out was just around the corner... only for him to be kept on the 3rd line, even when no one around him was producing.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you cant fix stupid. Enver Lisin might be the dumbest hockey player ive ever seen.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Both will always be fringe NHLers. Nothing to get upset over.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
you cant fix stupid. Enver Lisin might be the dumbest hockey player ive ever seen.
Yes, and in fairness to Sather, general intelligence is not something you can just scout. He saw the kids talent, thought our coach staff could bring it out on a more consistent basis, we just had no idea he'd be so lacking upstairs.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:47 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
Ahl? Try khl, unless glen can offload his rights for a late pick. I doubt he even gets qualified. Betts for brashear and korps for lisin were two awful moves last summer
I would characterize it as Betts and a 3rd for Brashear and Boyle. Looooooose. Yeah, I would also want Korpi back. hated the trade the moment it happened. Lisin is was and always will be a 3rd or 4th liner supposing to be a 2nd liner. Those type of players have no place on Tort's team. I hope Byers, Dupont, and Weise get to fight for a spot next season. They all have that ethic and toughness that Torts will look for from a proper 3rd/4th liner. Proper that is if you don't have the depth to have a lineup like Chicago.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 02:49 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Both will always be fringe NHLers. Nothing to get upset over.
but Korpi at least can kill penalties, take shootout goals (would've been helpful game 82!), and forechecks well. Lisin can just skate fast which Korpi does too. These are attributes you want in your 4th line players.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Lisin won't be qualified. $829,500 QO. Even if Lisin offered to play at his 09-10 salary,the Rangers probably wouldn't take him back. It was a stupid trade the moment James Mirtle broke it on twitter. Lisin was a project and projects take longer than one year to develop/mature. Unless Lisin is playing on the top two lines,he doesn't fit and he doesn't produce offensively. At least Korpikoski is a good role player. He can contribute in other areas besides points.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I hope they qualify him and then try to trade him. Maybe recoup that sixth, or grab a seventh. If no one wants him, waive him. Maybe someone will claim him then. If not, let him rot in Hartford or work something out to let him go to the KHL.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I'm still a fan of the trade - even though about halfway through the season I was willing to admit that Enver's a bust.

We have more than enough 3rd/4th line prospects (and if we ever need more they're readily available in the 2nd and 3rd round of the draft or as UFAs). What we don't have is top end skill guys. So when you get the opportunity to trade for a natural talent like Lisin, you do it. So what if the majority of the time it doesn't work out? I still roll the dice every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:02 AM
OverTheCap

I have a feeling he will be in the KHL next season.

He was perhaps the most indecisive player on the team, which is saying a lot considering we have a handful of players who are hesitant with the puck.

Lisin would fly into the zone but was clueless as what to do next. Shoot? Deke? Pass? By the time he made a decision, a defenseman would have caught up to him and broken up the play.

I always thought he could have used some time in the AHL this past season, but I think he's beyond help at this point, having already played well over 100 games in the NHL.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
Yes, and in fairness to Sather, general intelligence is not something you can just scout. He saw the kids talent, thought our coach staff could bring it out on a more consistent basis, we just had no idea he'd be so lacking upstairs.
Sather doesnt scout. He probably had Lisin referred to him, checked him out on youtube (the scouting method for many of our esteemed posters), and thought he was getting a high end offensive project.

If anyone watched him on a regular basis, game in and game out, it wouldnt be too hard to see that hes just a dumb hockey player.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
It's not a question of scouting. Hockey IQ was the knock on Lisin from the start. That's why he was available.

05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Lisin who?

I could care less... If he's somehow still around next season, he's not gonna play anyway. Trading him for a pick seems like the best solution.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I hope they qualify him and then try to trade him. Maybe recoup that sixth, or grab a seventh. If no one wants him, waive him. Maybe someone will claim him then. If not, let him rot in Hartford or work something out to let him go to the KHL.
I sure they'd rather save the summer cap room. No chance he's qualified IMO.

Never liked the trade either, but the Rangers clearly aren't getting anywhere on the backs of superb bottom 6 play. Prust/Anisimov/Shelly were just as effective as Sjo/Betts/Korps when it mattered.

Of course, one could make the argument simply retaining the services of Sjo and Korps would have been a more logical choice than dealing assets to acquire Prust and Shelley after a failed rebuild of the bottom half of the roster. If there's any team that NEEDS to embrace "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", it's this one.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:34 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

who's enver lisin ?

Lauri Korpikoski 71 5 6 11 -10

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
who's enver lisin ?

Lauri Korpikoski 71 5 6 11 -10
You remember.

Lisin's the one you told us would be the second best Rangers forward and that he would be a fantastic offensive powerhouse by the end of the season. The one who has tons more talent than Dubi.

Ring a bell?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
LyNX27

I agree that the trade was a dice roll and that I would have made the roll also but I just wish we could have given Korp more time on a higher line (2nd)

Old
05-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You remember.

Lisin's the one you told us would be the second best Rangers forward and that he would be a fantastic offensive powerhouse by the end of the season. The one who has tons more talent than Dubi.

Ring a bell?
LOL...

Still makes me laugh when thinking about how odc went absolutely ga-ga over Enver Lisin while trashing guys that actually had solid seasons like Dubinsky and Rozsival.

even in this thread he resorted to his distract defense by trashing Korpikoski.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I'd wager a large amount of money that Korpikoski has a much better NHL career than Enver Lisin, who is just a dumb hockey player.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:40 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'd wager a large amount of money that Korpikoski has a much better NHL career than Enver Lisin, who is just a dumb hockey player.
Agreed, we took a roll at the dice and lost a stable young 3rd liner (Who in my opinion got balls for time on any decent line) who wasn't lacking in any major department of his game. He could very much still develop into a decent player and have a long career. Players like Lisin who have issues in the head and putting it all together hardly ever have success stories, but I would like him to prove me wrong.

Old
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Wait untill you see Chris Kreider...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Wait untill you see Chris Kreider...

I kept hearing something like this in the prospect thread and in the games I had seen of him, never seen a lack of hockey sense. Not to derail the thread but do you want to clear up anything I've missed or has his speed and drive mask an underlying problem that I haven't seen?

Old
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
yankeecpt15

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
When we first traded for Lisin I was pretty content with the trade, I liked Korpikoski, but Lisin seemed to fit our needs much better.

But the more time that went by the more unhappy I became until yesterday when I really just made up my mind. I'm so unhappy we made this trade, disregarding some freak accident giving Lisin super powers, I'd much rather have Korpikoski back. I don't see how Lisin fits into the plan here anymore, if at all. At least Korpikoski was great on the PK and home grown, we should have just waited it out and waited for the offense to come. Korpikoski was a smart player, it eventually would have come.

I really believe Lisin will be in the AHL at the start of next season. He has all the tools but he has no clue what to do with them, he really is still a prospect and not an NHL player. Do you guys think he will eventually develop into something? Or did we really lose out here?
Speculation that he sucks? Yes, yes he does

yankeecpt15 is offline   Reply With Quote