HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak wants to take time before thinking new contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
  #101
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but Louis Jean of Sportsnet was on a radio station in Edmonton, and said that he thinks Halak wants to leave Montreal. Don't know how accurate it is, and if it's just speculation on Louis' part, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

http://twitter.com/dantencer/status/14736015953
Too bad Halak is a RFA...so even if he wants to leave Montreal. it's not in his control.

I swear, when people talk about the Habs goalies, both Halak and Price, they talk about them like they're pending UFA's and the Habs HAVE to make a decision about which one to keep immediately.

The goalie situation will play itself out, i'm not even the least bit concerned, we are blessed to have two young and talented goalies and contrary to what everyone seems to say, this is actually an advantage the Habs should continue to exploit for as long as they can.

I FULLY expect BOTH goalies to be back next year because they're both property of the Montreal Canadiens and also, because the goalie market is an unpredictable one. I don't think there's that much of a market for either goalie out there and if there is, i'm not sure what Gauthier could potentially acquire, could make the Habs better than they currently are with BOTH goalies.

My advice to Habs fans is to stop listening to the media who have been trying to shove down our throats that a decision about who to keep MUST be made ASAP, because it is simply not true.

The Habs are in a great position in goaltending no matter how you look at it.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
  #102
smiler2729
Registered User
 
smiler2729's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Orangeville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Im one of those rare people that think trading price is signing our own death warrent, so if Halak bolts I won't be too upset. Maybe its because I see a lot of theodore in Halak (not in playstyle, but in being figured out over time, ala Jim Carey)

All that aside, it just looked like he wanted a break from hockey, spend time with family and maybe concern himself with contract business after he has had some away time from hockey.
I don't know if Halak is quite Theodore II but more like Huet II. Carey Price is 22, Halak is 25, enough said. Halak would bring the most back in a trade at this point and Price definitely has the higher upside.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:55 AM
  #103
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Sounds like from others on the outside looking in from the media they are thinking Halak wants to leave as well. So it isn't just speculation on some of our fans thoughts.

Either way we have to be grateful for what Halak did for us on the ice, and for what he could reward our team in return value for trade...potential big man in the top 6.

Teams looking for or needing a #1 next year; Tampa Bay, St. Louis, San Jose, Edmonton and New York Islanders.

All teams have players in the top 6 that Montreal would love, and have picks and prospects that are there for trade too; Malone, Penner, Clowe to name a few big men.

I'm sure the Halak leaving would sting, but getting that skilled big man would be ideal too. All Montreal needs to do is to bring in a veteran and skilled affordable back up in the form of Marty Biron.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM
  #104
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Sounds like from others on the outside looking in from the media they are thinking Halak wants to leave as well. So it isn't just speculation on some of our fans thoughts.
Either way we have to be grateful for what Halak did for us on the ice, and for what he could reward our team in return value for trade...potential big man in the top 6.

Teams looking for or needing a #1 next year; Tampa Bay, St. Louis, San Jose, Edmonton and New York Islanders.

All teams have players in the top 6 that Montreal would love, and have picks and prospects that are there for trade too; Malone, Penner, Clowe to name a few big men.

I'm sure the Halak leaving would sting, but getting that skilled big man would be ideal too. All Montreal needs to do is to bring in a veteran and skilled affordable back up in the form of Marty Biron.
Who cares if Halak wants to leave....it's not his decision!!!!!!

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:01 AM
  #105
BoNeS42
Registered User
 
BoNeS42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Who cares if Halak wants to leave....it's not his decision!!!!!!
It's not his decision, but he can also go play in the KHL, that's not our decision.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
  #106
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
It's not his decision, but he can also go play in the KHL, that's not our decision.
Exactly, he can always go and make tax free money to force our hand. It could back fire, but it can also work too.

Montreal won't take that chance.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
  #107
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
It's not his decision, but he can also go play in the KHL, that's not our decision.
Come on! You think he really wants to go play in the KHL??!!?!

Man, you guys panic for no reason

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
  #108
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Exactly, he can always go and make tax free money to force our hand. It could back fire, but it can also work too.

Montreal won't take that chance.
lol! Come on man!

This guy has been fighting just to get a chance to show he can be the man in Montreal, he finally gets his shot and now you guys think he's gonna bolt for Russia over a couple million $$$ lol

What ties does he have to the KHL? Why the hell would he want to go pursue his career there?

This is a ridiculous assumption

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:13 AM
  #109
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Come on! You think he really wants to go play in the KHL??!!?!

Man, you guys panic for no reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
lol! Come on man!

This guy has been fighting just to get a chance to show he can be the man in Montreal, he finally gets his shot and now you guys think he's gonna bolt for Russia over a couple million $$$ lol

What ties does he have to the KHL? Why the hell would he want to go pursue his career there?

This is a ridiculous assumption
You're the one being irrealist. Lowballing Halak after all what happened with Walsh could really, really hurt us. Even if Halak stays in Montreal, you can be sure Walsh will do anything possibly imagineable to ruin our chances to get a huge return for him. He wants his client to be #1 next season.

Plus, this is NOT NHL 10 we're talking about here... These are real human beings with emotions, expectations and pressure put upon them. Going through another year like the last one will not end well. It's like playing with fire.

You've got to take a decision, Halak might not control his fate completely, but his agents really can hurt us if they decide they're spreading the word around the league that Halak wants to get the **** out of here.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:19 AM
  #110
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
You're the one being irrealist. Lowballing Halak after all what happened with Walsh could really, really hurt us. Even if Halak stays in Montreal, you can be sure Walsh will do anything possibly imagineable to ruin our chances to get a huge return for him. He wants his client to be #1 next season.
After some of what happened this year, I wouldn't be too surprised if Walsh is on thin ice already as Halak's agent. I'd have fired him if I was Halak. Threatening to derail his NHL career would only be further grounds.

There is nothing to worry about here. But of course I know Habs fans love to have something to get excited about. Halak can get a fair bridge contract from the Habs based on his age and NHL experience, either through fair negotiations (with no empty threats) or through salary arbitration. It's not a worry either way, his market value is reasonably set, and if he comes back with a strong, full season as a #1 next year he'll get his full-up #1 goalie salary on his next contract.

Price is a good young prospect/backup, and he is also easily retained through the existing process.

There is really nothing to get excited about here. Gauthier would have to go pretty far out of his way to mess this up and fail to bring both guys back affordably next year.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
  #111
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
You're the one being irrealist. Lowballing Halak after all what happened with Walsh could really, really hurt us. Even if Halak stays in Montreal, you can be sure Walsh will do anything possibly imagineable to ruin our chances to get a huge return for him. He wants his client to be #1 next season.

Plus, this is NOT NHL 10 we're talking about here... These are real human beings with emotions, expectations and pressure put upon them. Going through another year like the last one will not end well. It's like playing with fire.

You've got to take a decision, Halak might not control his fate completely, but his agents really can hurt us if they decide they're spreading the word around the league that Halak wants to get the **** out of here.
Who said anything about lowballing Halak? I never said that...but i'm sorry, i don't buy for one second that the KHL is an option for most players in the NHL and much less Jaroslav Halak.

Really, look it up...how many RFA's actually defect to the KHL over a contract squabble. I can think of Alexander Radulov...anyone else? In a league with over 500 NHL players, it's a very rare scenario.

Sure, some players leave as UFA's for more money when there's a lack of interest from teams in the NHL, Viktor Kozlov, Sergei Fedorov, Jaromir Jagr, just to name a few. But none of these guys were 25yr old RFA's...

you guys are freaking out over NOTHING as usual.

Halak is going nowhere

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
  #112
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
After some of what happened this year, I wouldn't be too surprised if Walsh is on thin ice already as Halak's agent. I'd have fired him if I was Halak. Threatening to derail his NHL career would only be further grounds.

There is nothing to worry about here. But of course I know Habs fans love to have something to get excited about. Halak can get a fair bridge contract from the Habs based on his age and NHL experience, either through fair negotiations (with no empty threats) or through salary arbitration. It's not a worry either way, his market value is reasonably set, and if he comes back with a strong, full season as a #1 next year he'll get his full-up #1 goalie salary on his next contract.

Price is a good young prospect/backup, and he is also easily retained through the existing process.

There is really nothing to get excited about here. Gauthier would have to go pretty far out of his way to mess this up and fail to bring both guys back affordably next year.
So you have one of those goalies on the bench for AT LEAST 40 games, without improving by getting valuable assets who could actually contribute in the long run?

Trading Halak is a scenario I hate. Keeping both and not pulling a deal is one I hate even more. If we learned something against Philly, it's that with some good skaters, you can afford to have a medium goalie and still perform.

Keeping both goalies would kill us in the long term, and maybe on the short-term as well.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
  #113
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
So you have one of those goalies on the bench for AT LEAST 40 games, without improving by getting valuable assets who could actually contribute in the long run?
Has Halak improved in the last few years? I'd say he has. Despite not playing #1. They're young. It's not an issue.
Quote:
Keeping both goalies would kill us in the long term, and maybe on the short-term as well.
But we're not talking about long term. We're talking about "smart term"... which is, whatever term it takes to make sure we have the position covered, and to maximize our overall return. The fallacy is that something *MUST* be done right now to change the status quo... well, what if all you can get is a 2nd round pick in a trade? You still have to make the move? Of course not. What if Price is the one you keep and he busts? What if Halak regresses? Goalies go up and down all the time, and I don't think either one of these guys has proven beyond the shadow of any doubt that he is our definite #1 guy for the next decade. We have time and opportunity to gain more insight into which would be the best choice. And unless somebody comes along with an offer that knocks our socks off, there is no reason to just roll the dice right now.

It's a no-brainer for Gauthier to just follow the default plan of resigning both and returning both for next year. If somebody wants to come along and interfere with the default plan and give him something new to think about, so be it, but the default is obvious.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:31 AM
  #114
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 10639
Sens fan coming in peace.

I'm surprised you guys want to trade the guy that got you to the conference finals.

I watched Halak since his days in Hamilton (used to live in Toronto). Comparing him to Theo and Huet? He's not even close to these guys. He showed he has mental toughness and is capable of stealing games. Trading him would be insane.

I still think Price is a great goalie and the Habs wouldn't get full value out of him if he was traded right now. So I would keep both goalies for now.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:36 AM
  #115
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Sens fan coming in peace.

I'm surprised you guys want to trade the guy that got you to the conference finals.

I watched Halak since his days in Hamilton (used to live in Toronto). Comparing him to Theo and Huet? He's not even close to these guys. He showed he has mental toughness and is capable of stealing games. Trading him would be insane.

I still think Price is a great goalie and the Habs wouldn't get full value out of him if he was traded right now. So I would keep both goalies for now.
Right on !

And if the Habs loose Halak in a trade or as a RFA, I don't want to imagine Price as number 1 next year when he's gonna have a bad game at the Bell centre. It's gonna be mayhem.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
  #116
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Right on !

And if the Habs loose Halak in a trade or as a RFA, I don't want to imagine Price as number 1 next year when he's gonna have a bad game at the Bell centre. It's gonna be mayhem.
he got booed for being a 3d star in a game, im sure he can handle it.

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:43 AM
  #117
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Has Halak improved in the last few years? I'd say he has. Despite not playing #1. They're young. It's not an issue.

But we're not talking about long term. We're talking about "smart term"... which is, whatever term it takes to make sure we have the position covered, and to maximize our overall return. The fallacy is that something *MUST* be done right now to change the status quo... well, what if all you can get is a 2nd round pick in a trade? You still have to make the move? Of course not. What if Price is the one you keep and he busts? What if Halak regresses? Goalies go up and down all the time, and I don't think either one of these guys has proven beyond the shadow of any doubt that he is our definite #1 guy for the next decade. We have time and opportunity to gain more insight into which would be the best choice. And unless somebody comes along with an offer that knocks our socks off, there is no reason to just roll the dice right now.

It's a no-brainer for Gauthier to just follow the default plan of resigning both and returning both for next year. If somebody wants to come along and interfere with the default plan and give him something new to think about, so be it, but the default is obvious.
I completely agree Blind Gardien...all this talk about who to keep for no freakin' reason.

Unless someone blows Gauthier away with an offer for either Halak or Price, they'll both be back.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:45 AM
  #118
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
he got booed for being a 3d star in a game, im sure he can handle it.
It's gonna be worst because the fans will not only boo Price but the whole organization as well to have got rid of Halak.

+ Price won't be hidden on the bench for the next game because halak won't be there to cover his ass.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
  #119
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I completely agree Blind Gardien...all this talk about who to keep for no freakin' reason.

Unless someone blows Gauthier away with an offer for either Halak or Price, they'll both be back.
No reason? The front office may not have an obligation to trade one of the goalies, but if they view either as a long-term option they don't have much choice.

If they don't show faith in Halak after how many times he's been pushed aside in the past and after the incredible season he just had, he won't be here much longer. If he already feels like he hasn't been treated well by the organization (rightfully so) and is then told he's going to spend half of next season on the bench, I don't think there's any chance he'll sign here when he has the option to go anywhere he wants as a UFA.

They can force him to stay next year if the want, but that's a bad idea.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 09:56 AM
  #120
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentheprop View Post
Your argument loses just for the fact that you can't count properly. There are 10 goalies at 60+ not 9. Besides an average of 56.6 games isn't that far off from 60.
I guess my whole arguement is void cuz i miscounted in the middle of the night.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:11 AM
  #121
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Too bad Halak is a RFA...so even if he wants to leave Montreal. it's not in his control.

I swear, when people talk about the Habs goalies, both Halak and Price, they talk about them like they're pending UFA's and the Habs HAVE to make a decision about which one to keep immediately.

The goalie situation will play itself out, i'm not even the least bit concerned, we are blessed to have two young and talented goalies and contrary to what everyone seems to say, this is actually an advantage the Habs should continue to exploit for as long as they can.

I FULLY expect BOTH goalies to be back next year because they're both property of the Montreal Canadiens and also, because the goalie market is an unpredictable one. I don't think there's that much of a market for either goalie out there and if there is, i'm not sure what Gauthier could potentially acquire, could make the Habs better than they currently are with BOTH goalies.

My advice to Habs fans is to stop listening to the media who have been trying to shove down our throats that a decision about who to keep MUST be made ASAP, because it is simply not true.

The Habs are in a great position in goaltending no matter how you look at it.
Halak can request a trade if we wants and you can retain him if you want, but why keep a goalie that doesn't want to play for you? Should the situation arise of course. Otherwise, I want to keep both and there's no need to move them out NOW, it's merely a situation where management has to start making a plan about the two of them and who stays and who goes.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:12 AM
  #122
TankEller*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
No reason? The front office may not have an obligation to trade one of the goalies, but if they view either as a long-term option they don't have much choice.

If they don't show faith in Halak after how many times he's been pushed aside in the past and after the incredible season he just had, he won't be here much longer. If he already feels like he hasn't been treated well by the organization (rightfully so) and is then told he's going to spend half of next season on the bench, I don't think there's any chance he'll sign here when he has the option to go anywhere he wants as a UFA.

They can force him to stay next year if the want, but that's a bad idea.
This, plus if Gauthier actually was serious when he spoke of getting better (top-tier team in the NHL), he has to deal one of his goalies in order to improve areas of weakness. You just can't wait and see what happens, you have to take a decision as soon as possible. Many teams are going to be looking for a goalie this summer, we don't know what the market will be next year. If we're actually willing to improve and pile up valuable assets, we'll deal one of those.

Was it all about me, I'd deal Price and keep Halak. But I'd rather deal Halak than to keep both, as much as it would pain me.

Odds are that if Halak hasn't proved the organization he can handle the job in Montreal so far, they just will never trust him going forward, which is sad. If actually the organization feels the need to wait for another year, then deal Halak... You can't just stay put and see what happens, you've got to get the chance and improve the team going forward.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
  #123
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
It's gonna be worst because the fans will not only boo Price but the whole organization as well to have got rid of Halak.

+ Price won't be hidden on the bench for the next game because halak won't be there to cover his ass.
I understand the first part, but I don't think halak covered Price's ass at any point. Halak came to play, so did Price, saying one bailed the other out is crazy. Not to mention, we know how we are, if we trade halak, and he plays average and price plays great, we'll forget quickly. If we trade price, and price plays better elsewhere there will be 20 threads about how habs development team didn't make price reach his potential in montreal.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
  #124
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,285
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Who said anything about lowballing Halak? I never said that...but i'm sorry, i don't buy for one second that the KHL is an option for most players in the NHL and much less Jaroslav Halak.

Really, look it up...how many RFA's actually defect to the KHL over a contract squabble. I can think of Alexander Radulov...anyone else? In a league with over 500 NHL players, it's a very rare scenario.

Sure, some players leave as UFA's for more money when there's a lack of interest from teams in the NHL, Viktor Kozlov, Sergei Fedorov, Jaromir Jagr, just to name a few. But none of these guys were 25yr old RFA's...

you guys are freaking out over NOTHING as usual.

Halak is going nowhere
Not a long list, but add Hudler as well.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
  #125
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
No reason? The front office may not have an obligation to trade one of the goalies, but if they view either as a long-term option they don't have much choice.

If they don't show faith in Halak after how many times he's been pushed aside in the past and after the incredible season he just had, he won't be here much longer. If he already feels like he hasn't been treated well by the organization (rightfully so) and is then told he's going to spend half of next season on the bench, I don't think there's any chance he'll sign here when he has the option to go anywhere he wants as a UFA.

They can force him to stay next year if the want, but that's a bad idea.
You know...Halak's half a season + playoff run resembles alot of what Carey Price did his rookie year, except Price and the Habs lost in round 2 in 5 games while Halak and the Habs lost in round 3 in 5 games.

What's the lesson to learn here? NEITHER goalie is quite proven yet...It's not out of the question that Halak starts the year next year and struggles and Price plays well and the situations are reversed.

The jury is still very much out on both goalies....so why not take advantage of the luxury the CBA affords teams and let either goalie establish himself as the clear cut #1 goalie.

again, the Habs have TWO terrific young goalies who both have shown to have alot of talent and who both have shown an ability to carry their teams but who also have shown that they can't do it for a FULL NHL season.

It's 2nd down and 10 in terms of Halak/Price and this contract situation (a little football analogy here)...why everyone here wants to go for the TD with more downs left, is completely beyond me.

But then again, it's typical Habs fans behaviour

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.