HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sweden at the 2010 Olympics

Old
02-23-2010, 09:45 AM
snopp

vCash: 500
where can i find the poängliga for this olympics?

snopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:05 AM
mattihp

vCash: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by snopp View Post
where can i find the poängliga for this olympics?
Easy. Iihf.com.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
nihlify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Well, if u check my posts for the last couple Of years, u'll find that I have always liked Alex, but based on some Of the responses I have received, i agree that he hasn't been the darling Of the board.
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Maybe Steen is good enough, but based on what I've read and heard you wouldn't think he was a player for the Olympics, that is all.

nihlify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihlify View Post
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Maybe Steen is good enough, but based on what I've read and heard you wouldn't think he was a player for the Olympics, that is all.
OK.
I see him play quite often on TV, and I believe he takes a lot of flack for not being outstanding at one single thing, except hustle and board plays, which is rarely noticed nor appreciated by the media. He is also able to adjust his style of play in the middle of a game, and if you think about Sweden's loss to Slovakia, wouldn't it have been nice if we could have mixed it up once or twice with dumping the puck in, just to surprise their D. Unfortunately, the few times someone dumped it, adn actually headed for the puck as opposed to the bench, they got the angles and the speed all wrong, and nothing came out of it.

Sweden could really have used both Sjöström and Steen in my opinion. Those two could have been on a checking line with Påhlsson or rotated out for occasional shifts in other lines to add a little grit and intensity... how valuable wouldn't Sjöström have been on all the PKs last night?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2010, 06:43 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
OK.
I see him play quite often on TV, and I believe he takes a lot of flack for not being outstanding at one single thing, except hustle and board plays, which is rarely noticed nor appreciated by the media. He is also able to adjust his style of play in the middle of a game, and if you think about Sweden's loss to Slovakia, wouldn't it have been nice if we could have mixed it up once or twice with dumping the puck in, just to surprise their D. Unfortunately, the few times someone dumped it, adn actually headed for the puck as opposed to the bench, they got the angles and the speed all wrong, and nothing came out of it.

Sweden could really have used both Sjöström and Steen in my opinion. Those two could have been on a checking line with Påhlsson or rotated out for occasional shifts in other lines to add a little grit and intensity... how valuable wouldn't Sjöström have been on all the PKs last night?

I know the Olympics was a while ago. Today Sjöström is superseeded by Jonas Andersson, also a fast skater, who can score. If we go by what players have done lately the olympic team might have looked like this instead.

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Pääjärvi - Bäckström - Eriksson
Modin - Persson - Andersson

Lidström - Edler
Kronwall - Ericsson
Öhlund - Tallinder
Murray - Hjalmarsson

Lundqvist
Gustavsson
Markström

jfc64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:37 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Franzén - Zetterberg - Alfredsson
Pääjärvi - Bäckström - Eriksson
Modin - Persson - Andersson

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Samuelsson - Backström - Steen

Sjostrom - Wandell - Stalberg (checking-line)

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Samuelsson - Backström - Steen

Sjostrom - Wandell - Stalberg (checking-line)
You need a crane on the lower lines! Modin or Persson. And you can substitute Stalberg with Andersson. Bäckström with Steen and Samuelsson is a waste. Really no Pääjärvi?

jfc64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
joe89

MPS wouldn't crack my Olympics top9, not even today. Weinhandl out Samuelsson in that's it. Not to mention Holmström is already sidelined in the original lineup that I would want in for the PP, maybe instead of Hörnqvist. Some changes on the 4th line could be made, but that doesn't matter a lot. We lost because our best players(Zetterberg, Franzen, Alfie) not were 100% and lousy defensive mistakes. We had a team that looked beat up.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote