HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
  #76
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Every team dives. Just look at Portugal and Brazil, they are masters at it. I could list other teams as well. In other words, it is an unfourtunate part of the sport.
No of course it's only Italians and Portuguese who dive,like the pk awarded to France in the world cup finals 4 years ago,or the famous Rivaldo going down like if he had just been shot from a ball that hit him on the leg...Anyways who cares

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 07:54 AM
  #77
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Not a big fan of soccer usually, but I really like the World Cup since it's countries vs countries, so more pride involved... I really wish the Netherlands or Germany goes all the way ! I hate Italia because they always whine and/or dive if something doesn't go their way and if not are just an arrogant lot, so unsportsmanlike, hope the refs are sharp...

Go Netherlands ! Go Germany !

Vasculio is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
  #78
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,707
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitator View Post
I wouldn`t be surpised.

No Ballack
No Adler
No Frings
No Rolfes


Klose had 3 goals last season, Gomez 10.

Many young players, I`m not very optimistic.
FML. Seriously.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:02 AM
  #79
Bon Esprit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Germany
Posts: 921
vCash: 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Not a big fan of soccer usually, but I really like the World Cup since it's countries vs countries, so more pride involved... I really wish the Netherlands or Germany goes all the way ! I hate Italia because they always whine and/or dive if something doesn't go their way and if not are just an arrogant lot, so unsportsmanlike, hope the refs are sharp...

Go Netherlands ! Go Germany !


It`s like Go Habs, go Nords


Bon Esprit is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:05 AM
  #80
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,707
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitator View Post


It`s like Go Habs, go Nords

Seriously? That's who I'm rooting for as well, only the other way around in terms of importance.

Then again, I'm also half German, half Dutch.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:19 AM
  #81
Bon Esprit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Germany
Posts: 921
vCash: 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Seriously? That's who I'm rooting for as well, only the other way around in terms of importance.

Then again, I'm also half German, half Dutch.
Well, when it comes to football I doubt there's a rivalry like Germany/Netherlands.. A close friend of mine once threw a tv out of the window when the Dutch scored on us.

England/Germany is not even close.

I personally am an exception. I always appreciated the Dutchmen. Always liked van Nistelroy, Seedorf and Davids. And Jaap Stam of course.

Bon Esprit is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
  #82
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 13,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Don't you feel bad that 19 players on 23 are french??
Give me a ****ing break

95% of the French NT in 1998 was African, and their best players was Algerian

So, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't feel bad

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:32 AM
  #83
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No of course it's only Italians and Portuguese who dive,like the pk awarded to France in the world cup finals 4 years ago,or the famous Rivaldo going down like if he had just been shot from a ball that hit him on the leg...Anyways who cares
Only people who don't watch soccer think only Italians and Portuguese players embellish. It's soccer - everyone does!!!

Actually, hockey players do as well - see Lapierre and Carcillo.

gusfring is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:36 AM
  #84
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Only people who don't watch soccer think only Italians and Portuguese players embellish. It's soccer - everyone does!!!

Actually, hockey players do as well - see Lapierre and Carcillo.
you mean people who only watch every 4 years and think they are the only ones doing it.Honestly I couldn't care less about them

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:41 AM
  #85
Bon Esprit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Germany
Posts: 921
vCash: 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
FML. Seriously.
And Podolski had 2 goals. 2! in 25 games last season.

Bon Esprit is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
  #86
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
you mean people who only watch every 4 years and think they are the only ones doing it.Honestly I couldn't care less about them
Exactly - that's what I meant. I know these people (even a lot of Italians) don't care when I am watching a qualifying game against Cyprus on a cold November day...

gusfring is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
  #87
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitator View Post
And Podolski had 2 goals. 2! in 25 games last season.
Germany like usual will be a strong team,no matter the injuries they always do well and get at least to the quarters,I don't think it will be different this year and expect them there

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Exactly - that's what I meant. I know these people (even a lot of Italians) don't care when I am watching a qualifying game against Cyprus on a cold November day...
Same here,wife even telling me why the hell I'm watching those games not knowing we don't win those we ain't playing in the WC.

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:17 AM
  #88
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
Give me a ****ing break

95% of the French NT in 1998 was African, and their best players was Algerian

So, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't feel bad
algerians show off way too much...
Maybe not you but 99,9% of the ones I know

EDIT: too much of a cool story bro material

Mannn I wanted to bytsh slap him and make him suffocate under the pool


Get over it...I like algerians but this attitude makes me want to LMAO if you get eliminated by a random team

stay classy lolz


Last edited by Fire Brunet*: 05-27-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Fire Brunet* is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:22 AM
  #89
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5on3 View Post
Give me a ****ing break

95% of the French NT in 1998 was African, and their best players was Algerian

So, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't feel bad
yeah i know ! i don't care French more than you i'm irish But i hust read somewhere that a lot of french born players decided to play for Algeria, and i thought it was weird that some players who never expressed the desire to play in Algeria suddenly think it's great just when the WC is coming !

Talking about France 98, for me the best player were Deschamp, Blanc, Dugarry, Lizarazu, Barthez... not Diomede, Djorakaef, Lama or else... just a thought, and talking about Zidane, ask anybody in soccer business and they will tell you he was more a businessman than a role model like he prentend to be.

BTW, is France the only team with so many foreigner in their squad? Some friends say that it's the worst Equipe de France since a long time ago...

But GO FRAN... ALGERIA !


Last edited by Komarov47: 05-27-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Komarov47 is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:27 AM
  #90
mvp76
Registered User
 
mvp76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: planet earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
The champions are easy to hate when your on the other side..

Forza Italia!!!!

Buffon was silly last world cup..2 goals against; 1 penalty shot, 1 own goal

mvp76 is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:34 AM
  #91
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul21Seeker View Post
The champions are easy to hate when your on the other side..

Forza Italia!!!!

Buffon was silly last world cup..2 goals against; 1 penalty shot, 1 own goal
It was a sick performance by Buffon and the Italian squad,the best game of the World Cup and what should have been the finals was Italy-Germany.What a game end to end action,Buffon making great stops,so did Lehmann despite Italy hitting the post twice in OT.What a great match,still watch highlights until this day

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM
  #92
mvp76
Registered User
 
mvp76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: planet earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It was a sick performance by Buffon and the Italian squad,the best game of the World Cup and what should have been the finals was Italy-Germany.What a game end to end action,Buffon making great stops,so did Lehmann despite Italy hitting the post twice in OT.What a great match,still watch highlights until this day
No doubt that was the game of the tournament for me, what an intense game right until the end. The France game was good cause of it's importance and it had it's moments, but that Germany game was off the charts..

Germany is like Italy in some ways that they come close many times and have lost some heatbreakers but sometime soon they will get theirs. They are a good team and the usually the best unit wins..if it was any different Brazil would win every year based on talent

mvp76 is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
  #93
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
I'm simply rooting against brazil for leaving... diego ribas off the team. I hope ivory coast and portugal put it to them. **** brazil.

i'll also will be rooting for spain, big fan of david silva. Wish i had more connection to to countries in the world cup, instead I just root for my favorite player. So, without diego present, spain it is.

Nedved is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 10:17 AM
  #94
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
MESSI MESSI MESSI!!!!

ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA
+1 Unless Maradonna finds a way to **** everything up.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
  #95
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
don't forget Higuain my friend.

I'm hoping they play with higuain as a striker and Tevez and Messi behind him, that would be deadly.
Millito and Ageuro too! They have some serious depth up front, but then they begin to fall apart in midfield and defense.

I still can't believe there is no Riquelme, Cambiasso, Gago, Zanetti ...

(Bold just won the UCL)

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
  #96
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templeton View Post











those made me laugh

llamateizer is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 10:42 AM
  #97
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,247
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Go team that isn't Italy, France, or Portugal.

I don't care about this.

Le Tricolore is online now  
Old
05-27-2010, 10:49 AM
  #98
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I'm simply rooting against brazil for leaving... diego ribas off the team. I hope ivory coast and portugal put it to them. **** brazil.

i'll also will be rooting for spain, big fan of david silva. Wish i had more connection to to countries in the world cup, instead I just root for my favorite player. So, without diego present, spain it is.
Wasn't surprised Diego didn't make it...doesn't seem to be a Dunga favorite. Also, Diego had a difficult year in Juventus in this his first year in Serie A.

Great player though

417 is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
  #99
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Wasn't surprised Diego didn't make it...doesn't seem to be a Dunga favorite. Also, Diego had a difficult year in Juventus in this his first year in Serie A.

Great player though
a couple surprises,he was one and I was sure they were going to make Pato play,well too bad for them but good for us since he will be in Montreal next week with Milan.

Diego struggle big time,but Juventus in general was very disappointing all year especially after the mid way point of the season

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
  #100
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
a couple surprises,he was one and I was sure they were going to make Pato play,well too bad for them but good for us since he will be in Montreal next week with Milan.

Diego struggle big time,but Juventus in general was very disappointing all year especially after the mid way point of the season
Wasn't surprised about Pato either...Dunga was going to select the players who have played for him during qualifications. If you look at the team he selected, that's exactly what he did.

There were a few curious selections/omissions though...like not sure what Julio Baptista is doing there, he doesn't even start in Roma and is just living off that goal he scored vs Argentina at Copa America in 2007

Kleberson? Josué, Grafite?

I don't know...I guess I understand he's comfortable with those players, but still. If something happens to Kaka injury wise or poor play, he's in big trouble because after Kaka, there's a lack of playmaking in their midfield

Can't wait for World Cup though!

417 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.