HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre McGuire: San Jose would trade Clowe and Murray for either Montreal goalie

Old
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Smoke Monster

vCash: 500
Ya Murray is almost as slow as Gill.

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Murray is pretty slow. We already have some slow D.
Actually, his speed is solid for a man who's 6'5 240 pounds. The thing that serperates him from the d we have (Except for O'bryne) is he's actually physical on a consistent basis. He hits to hurt.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:06 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Would they trade them for goalie+Hamrlik, though?
Sign me up for this one

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Actually, his speed is solid for a man who's 6'5 240 pounds. The thing that serperates him from the d we have (Except for O'bryne) is he's actually physical on a consistent basis. He hits to hurt.
If he's now 6'5" he must be on some serious HGH because he was 6'2" not long ago.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSquid View Post
Andreas Engqvist, Right center, 6'4'', 200 lbs

He is a big, talented, and versatile center. He has good offensive instincts and is not a liability defensively. Engqvist makes use of his size and hands to score goals from in around the net. He has also been used on the wing at times this season.

Not the type you asked for but he's the biggest guy we have lol
So, I guess the answer is 'no' for now. I wonder how they will address this, or if it's still not a priority in the minds of the managers in Montreal.

I mean, we have been crying for size for years, and nobody seems to deem it as important as the fans and critics. So, I'll be interested to see if they even bother trying to fill this void.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If he's now 6'5" he must be on some serious HGH because he was 6'2" not long ago.
All I can tell you for sure, is that he's definitely shorter than Thornton when they're on skates.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
6'3. That's my bad. Still, 240. He could definitely out skate Gill.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
He's also an excellent fighter who can play. But he's a left D and third pairing at best. He weighs you down, you'd have to put him with your best defender otherwise. I guess Gill could be made to pair up with someone else and Gorges could clean up for Murray.

The bigger issue to me is to develop/acquire forwards with size and skill for the top six (real size, meaning strength and attitude as well). And a grittier bottom six. But also reduce penalty minutes. Without losing skill. Good luck Pierre!

Last edited by tinyzombies: 05-27-2010 at 03:27 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
6'3. That's my bad. Still, 240. He could definitely out skate Gill.
He's not nearly as valuable as Gill defensively.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Monster View Post
Ya Murray is almost as slow as Gill.
And Gill was terrible during the playoffs right?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
And San Jose is not going to trade him for Price or Halak. For people screaming murder towards trading either of our tenders for Clowe and Murray, claiming they would only do so for a star. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, however that scenario will never materialize. We will never acquire the believed star for one of our goaltenders. There was a possibility in JVR or Giroux had Philly floundered however because of their success, especially in lighting us up, those deals are nonexistent now.

If we keep both goalies, one will suffer and therefore so will his value. We have to accept reality that goaltenders are simply not a large commodity in the NHL. This current playoff season only further diminished their value league wide. When you have Niemi vs. Leighton on the SCF, you know goaltenders are gradually entering the "dime a dozen" category.

I would take Murray and Clowe in a heartbeat. If San Jose were to take Hamrlik, my heart would skip a beat as I faint with glee. $5.5 million means we go UFA hunting while adding Clowe and Murray. Move AK and we could make quite the splash.
Most of the rumoured deals are players that another team would never trade anyway. In any case, the guy I'd want if available is Pavelski.

As for those who complained about his size?

21 even strength goals. Over 58% face offs won. wants the puck. Goes to the net. We lack these commodities. Stepped up big for SJ in the playoffs too

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote