HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Big George Laraque Vs....... GSP

Old
05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Gomionta

vCash: 500
Big George Laraque Vs....... GSP

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip304777#clip304770

Gomionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 01:02 PM
zoA

That's awesome, haha. GSP is one of the best athletes around, so strong, so well conditioned. As GSP said, I was actually surprised Laraque actually did alright. You can really see how out of shape Laraque is though, DEFINITELY not in playing shape, too much of the Wellwood diet. Thanks for the post though, enjoyed seeing that.

zoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoA View Post
That's awesome, haha. GSP is one of the best athletes around, so strong, so well conditioned. As GSP said, I was actually surprised Laraque actually did alright. You can really see how out of shape Laraque is though, DEFINITELY not in playing shape, too much of the Wellwood diet. Thanks for the post though, enjoyed seeing that.
I don't think Laraque is out of shape...he may not be in game shape but that's not the point.

They're trained for two completely different sports. GSP trains to go 5 minutes straight 5 times. Hockey players are conditioned to go all out for 30-50 seconds and then rest. They're both athletes but still very different.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Thanks a lot, I was looking for this!

GSP is such a class act, IMO, the absolute best and most complete MMA fighter in the world. I would love to see him go against Anderson Silva while they are both in their prime.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Laraque definitely looks out of shape. He's got the big belly.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Classless Goon
Bender2.0

Thanks for the link!

Good stuff.

Big George dosen,t look in great shape right now. Figures, since he hasen't played in months.

GSP is ****ing strong. Laraque is at least 240-250 lbs during the season. Now he must be in the 270 lbs. That's a lot of size GSP is giving up. But he still takes him down. Good stuff.

I would have liked to seem them fight with striking allowed but it wasn't going to happen since it was just a friendly challenge and all.

Still perhaps they'll put on the head protectors and gloves and go for a striking match next time? That would be fun. Unlikely though since there is more risk for injury and I doubt neither guy would take that risk for a friendly bet, considering their respective careers and all, they gotta stay healthy.

Does Laraque know GSP personally, has he been training with him in Montreal or something? Most hockey enforcers are incorporating MMA training into their off-ice conditinning these days. Darcy Hordichuk was training with Chuck Lidell a couple years back.

Last edited by Classless Goon: 05-24-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Does Laraque know GSP personally, has he been training with him in Montreal or something? Most hockey enforcers are incorporating MMA training into their off-ice conditinning these days. Darcy Hordichuk was training with Chuck Lidell a couple years back.
IIRC I read that they are good friends. I know Laraque has shown an interest in MMA before.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Eband00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Thanks for the link!

Good stuff.

Big George dosen,t look in great shape right now. Figures, since he hasen't played in months.

GSP is ****ing strong. Laraque is at least 240-250 lbs during the season. Now he must be in the 270 lbs. That's a lot of size GSP is giving up. But he still takes him down. Good stuff.

I would have liked to seem them fight with striking allowed but it wasn't going to happen since it was just a friendly challenge and all.

Still perhaps they'll put on the head protectors and gloves and go for a striking match next time? That would be fun. Unlikely though since there is more risk for injury and I doubt neither guy would take that risk for a friendly bet, considering their respective careers and all, they gotta stay healthy.

Actually, since laraque started that vegan diet, he lost a lot of weight.. His playing weight was arround 240.. his regular weight is arround 220

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
O23L
Doan for President

Laraque is going to lose every time, in hockey fights its a punch in the face contest, he sould box GSP

But GSP is awesome at what he does, I wana see him fight Silva, so Silva doesnt have to run around the ring like a girl anymore

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eband00 View Post
Actually, since laraque started that vegan diet, he lost a lot of weight.. His playing weight was arround 240.. his regular weight is arround 220
Laraque said he weighed 270 when GSP and him were on OTR doing an interview earlier in the week.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
It's essentially wrestling, so GSP is going to own him.

Good on Laraque, though.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote